Mystery Jets - 7/10

Pj Harvey - 9/10

LCD Soundsystem - 9/10

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Damon came out and performed Out of Time by Blur, and two rappers (was it Bashy and Kano?) came out and performed White Flag by Gorillaz, but i think(?) the rest was music from Syria. really good though, and seems to be getting glowing reviews 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/damon-albarn-and-the-orchestra-of-syrian-musicians-helped-put-gl/

One of them was definitely Kano, and there was also a third MC, who I guess was TALA.

Other guests were Mounir Trodi (Tunisia), Bassekou Kouyate and Seckou Keita (Mali), Noura Mint Seymali (Mauritania) and Faia (Syria).

James 8/10 - Even lacking a couple of hits I thought they were great. I rarely really get emotional but I did a few times during the set and sometimes and laid were highlights.

Will Varley 7/10 - I was looking forward to seeing him before the festival and he didn't disappoint. 1st time I've seen him and would like to see it again.

Unknown mortal orchestra 8/10 - Wow great musicians. Chose to listen to them while going up the ribbon tower. Some great memories in the rain.

Ezra Furman 9/10 - Great tunes, fun on stage and really good stories about his songs. Had a moment during the set.

Daughter 8/10 - Lovely chilled out moment. Love the honesty in the lyrics.

Ronnie Sector 9/10 - Got to the front, better voice than I thought, sang most of the songs I wanted to hear and had some good guests join in.

Billy Bragg 9/10 - I really wanted to see Billy before the eu vote and so glad I did. I was and still am coming to terms with the vote and what it means so this become a must. Billy made some good points and played all the songs I wanted to hear. 

Protoje 8/10 - Billy put me in a better mood about stuff and going to see Protoje was a good way to end the Friday. Good chilled out reggae.

Squeeze 8/10 - I grew up listening to stuff like squeeze and to see them playing hits that I have loved for a long time. They seemed to be having a good time and the crowd were on fine form.

Allessia Cara 7/10 - Not really my type of thing and went as my better half likes her. She was better than expected and has a great voice. 

Wolf Alice 9/10 - I was so looking forward to Wolf Alice and thought they done a great job. I'm looking forward to seeing how their career pans out.

Madness 9/10 - I knew they would be good and man they were. Some unexpected gems and then the hits. Got loads of people dancing.

Last Shadow puppets 7/10 - I love everything Alex Turner does but had not seen the puppets yet so it was good to see them. I thought they were really good but was at the back of the Pyramid field in order to get a good spot for Art Garfunkel.

Art Garfunkel 8/10 - Got a good spot near the front and was hoping for a singalong and he didn't dissapoint. The poems wasn't as bad as I thought and although his voice is fragile it did seem to make it nicer.

Adele 6/10 - Adele isn't my thing. She has a good voice and the songs are well put together but I just can't seem to get into her. The crowd didn't help by us as there was too many chatterboxes directly behind us. 

Mystery Jets 9/10 - Loved the set. I can't believe they are not bigger. Watching it back on iplayer brings back such good memories.

Elo 8/10 - So many good songs played and they really showed off their musicianship. One pity was how many people was there just to see Mr blue sky and the rest of the set they were just chatting away or left as soon as it had finished.

Band of horses 9/10 - Seen them a few times now and never disappoint. They have some songs that mean a lot to me so that helps. Got a bit emotional as well.

Beck 8/10 - Crowd seemed up for him where I was stood and played a fair amount of songs that I wanted to hear but missed so many as well.

Coldplay 10/10 - Having seen them before and since then not enjoying as much of their latest releases I didn't have massive hopes but wow! This is why so many people love them and why they get booked so much. They have so much energy and good songs, mixed with fireworks, balloons and other stuff it makes for a real good festival show. Add in Barry Gibb and Michael Evis and you get a show that will live in the memory for a long time.

Flipron? 7/10 - After Coldplay we were desperate to see more of Glastonbury and venture into the fields Avalon and then into the SE corner. We made it to the Avalon cafe where a band had just started. I think they were called Flooring by looking at the planner.  But they were a good fun party band and got some very drunk people dancing.

James - 7
Nao - 7
ZZ Top - 7
Ronnie Spector - 9
Muse - 6
St. Paul and the Broken Bones - 7
Wolf Alice - 7
Madness - 8
John Grant - 8
Chvrches - 9
Adele - 10
Jeff Lynne's ELO - 7
Band of Horses - 7
Beck - 9
LCD Soundsystem - 10

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Frightened Rabbit - 5 (weather didn't help)

I'm a really big frightened rabbit fan and their other stage set was one of my biggest disappointments, the fact that they were told to cut the set short clearly upset them, combined with the weather and a rushed set they never really got the crowd going, I have seen them 3 times before and that was easily the worst time, Fortunately i went to there Williams green set later on the Friday and that was one of my highlights of the week, they smashed it, crowd was amazing, Scott was pretty drunk, easily the best time i have seen them.    

Syrian Orchestra -  8

Rokia Traore -8.5

Ward Thomas -7

Ben Miller Band -9 - the best discovery of the weekend. Reminded me a bit of The Band, great version of HOuse of Rising Sun

Sharon Shannon -8.5 - our group did a bit of "dad dancing" followed by some improvisation to great Irish folk tunes. The Galway Girl always a laugh. Some will remember tune from a Cider tv ad

Ronnie Spector - 9

Alunageorge - 4 - only saw this act as a means to get a good spot for Sigur Ros

Sigur Ros - 9 -what a light show

Squeeze -8

Baab Maal - 8

Sam Lee -8.5 - extra point given for singing in amongst the crowd for the very last song along with the band , a capella

Mbongwana Star -7

This is the KIt -6.5

Larkin Poe - 7.5

Chubby Latouche - 3 - got me dancing a bit and I received a free cd as he was handing them out. But very crude at times. I hate the use of the "n" word in any format. Nice to check out Bez's stage though

Treacherous Orchestra - 5 - possibly biggest disappointment really. I expected more variety in their set

Blair Dunlop - 7.5

The Cornshed Sisters - 7.5 - they had thought they had done their set and they were told they had time to do one more. Glad they did, a cover version of When Doves Cry

Applewood Road - 8.5 nice country all female three piece. Another cover heard here, this time a stripped back version of REM's Losing My Religion. Magical

The Rockingbirds - 8 - shame not more folk sitting out at Williams Green didn't pop in to have a watch. Great Americana as always

Patty Griffin - 7

Fisherman's Friends - 8

Quantic All Stars - 7

Cyndi Lauper - 7.5

Freddie & The Freeloaders - 8 - got the place bouncing, they recently played my friends wedding and I'm a big fan now.

Ratboy - 5 - barely heard this, but nothing special going on there.

Brian Cox/Infinite Monkey Cage - 7 - didn't find it as engaging as the 2013 show, but still worth the faff.

Skepta - 8 - place went off, didn't like his album but this was a great pick-me-up.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - 6 - engaging but the sound was muddy where I was, great little band but nothing world changing.

Dub Pistols - 5 - no where near as good as last year

Editors - 7 - a trip down memory lane, as 'okay but...' as ever.

Foals - 8 - built things up brilliantly, perfect sunset, forever a band I really like but can never love.

Muse - 10 - blew their 2011 show out the water, Matt Bellamy slayed for two hours, great setlist and I even enjoyed the newest album live.

Carl Cox - 4 - drab as it comes

Wolf Alice - 7 - weird seeing them on a big stage after three smaller sets before. Didn't quite step it up as much as I hoped, but they did no wrong.

Kurt Vile - 7 - lovely scatty songs with great sound.

John Grant - 7 - kinda get it was special in the cirumstances, but after how great he was in Feb on tour, I didn't get a huge buzz from it.

CHVRCHES - 9 - Lauren absolutely smashed the big set, she has come on a treat. Sound was great, I was drunk and the sunset added so much. I hope this gives them some momentum back. Their next album could see them step up to the big time.

M83 - 9 - struggle to remember too many specifics but everything was beautiful. HUWD is one of my favourite ever albums.

Hinds - 7 - nice enough start, still don't get the hype but they were enjoyable enough.

ELO - 6 - got very little from it, was right at the back which didn't help but nothing engaged me.

Band of Horses - 8 - Brilliant surprise from a band who seem resurgent at last. The last 20 mins was spectacular.

Of Monsters & Men - 7 - I was hoping for something a bit darker in the vein of the first song. The Icelandic answer to Mumford. Who have almost as many pop bangers.

Coldplay - 9 - a sheer spectacle, the bands were amazing, thought they crammed too much 'special' in and overcooked it a bit compared to 2011. All the messing about really knocked the structure of the setlist out. Also my expectations were unfairly high.

Mac Demarco - 7 - when he played, it was carnage in a way you rarely get at Glasto. I realised what a tool he is in between songs.

Kayla Painter - 7 - friend of a friend closing the Glade, kinda weird, reminded me of Jon Hopkins for visuals. Would see again.

Filthy Habits - 6 dubstep really isn't my thing, but what they do they do well.

Friday

James – 6/10

Sounded great and good band to kick off the festival, but played too much new stuff and not enough of the classics

Blossoms – 8/10

New band that I don’t really know much about but sounded good, think they’re one to look out for in the future

Frightened Rabbit – 8/10

usually one of my favourite live bands but wasn’t the best setlist this time round

Lumineers – 7/10

pretty decent, their new stuff sounds ok but not as good as the first album

ZZ Top - 9/10

Loved their set, didn’t realise how many of their songs I knew

Foals – 7/10

Pretty decent but I was chilling at the top of the pyramid field and not giving them all my attention

Muse – 9/10

Brilliant live band and a good setlist, not a lot to say about muse that hasn’t already been said

Saturday

Nothing But Thieves - 8/10

Wandered into the JP having never heard of these but they were amazing, will have to check out their album

Squeeze  - 8/10

An other band where you don’t realise how many of their songs you actually know until you hear them, surprised at how good they were

Police Dog Hogan – 8/10

Good fun band, plenty of laughs as well as good music, typical avalon type band

Jagwar Ma – 9/10

Been wanting to see these for a few years but their sets have always clashed with other bands ive wanted to see, finally decided to give them a go and they were amazing, crowd were loving them too (although ive just watched them back on iplayer and they don’t sound as good as they did live)

Madness – 9/10

Should have probably played the Sunday legends slot, really good party atmosphere in the crowd where I was stood and im guessing it was like that across the whole field

Chvurches – 7/10

Sounded pretty good (and the lead singer looks pretty good too!), might have been a better rating if id known more of their stuff

New Order – 8/10

Always a good live band but the set was lacking a few songs like Regret, World in Motion and would have liked a few more Joy Division songs (although it was a New Order gig not a Joy Division gig)

Sunday

Caravan Palace – 9/10

Had never heard of these before but they were fantastic! Great way to wake the crowd up early morning

Gregory Porter – 6/10

Not really my cup of tea but gave him a go (mainly because my mate is part of his crew)

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot – 7/10

Only stayed for a few songs but they still sound great

Gabrielle Aplin – 9/10

Saw her on BBC Introducing stage which sorted out my decision of her or Beck later in the day, love this woman! She has an amazing voice

ELO – 8/10

Sounded great, hit after hit, but still not sure they should have been in the ‘legend’ slot, a lot of people near me seemed to leave as soon as they played Mr Blue Sky

Catfish and the Bottlemen – 7/10

Only stayed for the start of the set as wanted to get over to pyramid for Beck but they sounded pretty good

Beck – 8/10

Fantastic setlist, only problem is there seemed to be no atmosphere in the crowd and it seemed to affect his performance, felt sorry for him because a lot of people just seemed to be there waiting for Coldplay. Loved the Bowie/Prince tribute

Coldplay – 10/10

Highlight of the weekend for me, 3rd time ive been to Glastonbury when they’ve played but the first time ive seen them, they put on a great show and everyone in the crowd was living them, every song sounded great and was great to see Barry Gibb/Sir Michael Eavis on stage

Wednesday:

Steel Strum - 6/10

Episodes - 5/10

Biggles Wartime Band - 9/10 - Ridiculous band, terrible jokes, somehow a lot of fun.

Wildflowers -  8/10 - Lead singer came out wearing a fur coat (or something that looked like it) which is a bold move in the Green Futures field.

Mik Artistik's Ego Trip - 0/10 - Didn't turn up due to being trapped in the traffic. Turning up is one of the biggest things I look for in a performer.

Mal Webb & Kylie Morrigan - 8/10

Rodney Brannigan - 7/10 - Seemed a little flat compared to last year when I saw him with John Pointer.

Gecko - 7/10

Thursday:

The Drystones - 7/10

King Eider - 5/10

The Little Unsaid - 8/10

Mal Webb & Kylie Morrigan - 8/10

Wildwood Kin -  7/10

Beth Porter & The Availables - 4/10

Dani Immanuel & The Stolen Band - 9/10 - It had a filthy ending, always a bonus.

The Buffalo Skinners - 6/10

The Correspondents - 10/10

Welfare Unit featuring Kate Tempest - 8/10

Miss Ko - 6/10

Kovacs - 10/10

Friday:

James - 8/10 - Late, but very good. Didn't play Sit Down though, so marked them down a bit. How can you be at Glastonbury and not do Sit Down? Come on now.

Bugzy Malone - 6/10 - Poor sound in the Sonic tent marks this one down.

Rat Boy - 8/10

Kevin Eldon - 10/10 - Wow.

Ezra Furman - 9/10

Will Varley - 9/10

Lady Leshurr - 7/10 - Poor sound again in the Sonic Stage.

AlunaGeorge - 7/10

Sigur Ros - 8/10 - No Hoppípolla disappointed me a bit.

Saturday:

Haelos - 9/10

Shura - 7/10

St. Paul & The Broken Bones - 10/10

Jagwar Ma - 8/10

Kurt Vile - 6/10

Kiko Bun - 8/10

Tame Impala - 8/10

New Order - 6/10 - The lead singer's voice just didn't seem up to it, sadly.

Blackalicious - 7/10 - Intermittent sound issue mark this one down.

Sunday:

She Drew The Gun - 9/10 - You can see why they won the ETC this year.

Oscar - 9/10

This Is The Kit - 7/10

Mystery Jets - 7/10

Bat For Lashes - 9/10

Beck - 10/10

Estere - 4/10

Ephemerals - 9/10

Guts - 10/10

Sigur Ros - 9/10: Some songs lacked the usual punch (e.g. Glosoli) but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Savages - 7/10: Made a last minute decision to run across the site for this after Foals/before SR and was worth it. Shame I couldn't watch it all though :(.

Foals - 9/10: Triumph. Look forward to them returning as headliners.

Daughter - 8/10: Constantly improving as a live band. Great set.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - 8/10: Wasn't expecting too much from this but really enjoyed it.

Skepta - 8/10: Crazy, as expected.

James - 6/10: Better than expected but won't live long it the memory tbh.

James Blake - 9/10: Outstanding, Modern Soul & Choose Me were 2 of my favourite moments of the weekend. The Vince Staples version of Timeless was superb and it was great to see Justin come out for Forest Fire. Got my tickets for Hammersmith Apollo now, can't wait!

Floating Points - 9/10: Made a last minute decision to go to this over Tame Impala and it was definitely worth it. Jaw dropping stuff :D.

The Last Shadow Puppets - 8/10: The antics were annoying at times but I thought it was a great set. 

Madness - 7/10: Always good fun!

Wolf Alice - 8/10: Owned the stage, bright future ahead!

Mac DeMarco (Crows Nest) - 8/10: Absolute carnage, lots of fun.

LCD Soundsystem - 10/10: The perfect festival set.

PJ Harvey - 9/10: As good as ever.

Bat For Lashes - 8/10: Had a good old boogie. New songs are great too.

Hinds - 7/10: Really enjoyed it but the sound wasn't great. Was nice to see how much they enjoyed being there.

I saw bits of others but not enough to give them a fair rating :)

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So am I the only one who found Muse self-indulgent and boring? They've always been bombastic but Friday night went into full Spinal Tap territory.

One of our group went and didn't enjoy it, and a few other people I spoke to the next day also said that they were disappointed by it.

Friday

Two Door Cinema Club - Not as good as when I saw them in the past, but that was probably down to the rain 6/10

Foals - Just as good as I was expecting, can't wait for them to return to headline sometime 9/10

Saturday

Car Seat Headrest - Too short of a set really to enjoy it. What he played was great but the time didn't really help 7/10

Last Shadow Puppets - I thought it got kind of boring, perked up in sections though 6/10

Tame Impala- Went to see them only knowing the hits, but ended up being one of my highlights. 9/10

Adele - My cynicism lasted until the first chorus, ended up being amazing 9/10

Sunday

Hinds - Fun if not a bit samey, 6/10

Years and Years - Caught a bit and it seemed quite good but didn't stick around

ELO - No one around me really cared, killed the mood and ended up being pretty boring for me 4/10

Of Monsters and Men - Didn't really know the songs and didn't end up changing my mind but it was nice enough 5/10

LCD Soundsystem - Thought it would just be the highlight of my weekend, not my whole life 10/10

Friday:

Bixiga 70 - 8/10: Loved them! Like someone else already said here, got introduced to them by the Spotify playlist and absolutely did not regret going to see them. The conga was great, the sun which just came out made it even better. 

Two Door Cinema Club - 6/10: Have seen them before and they were much more enjoyable then than they were now. Might have been the rain, but they didn't really kick it off for me. 

The Lumineers - 5/10: Don't really know a lot of their songs but was prepared to be surprised. They really disappointed me, though. Everything sounded the same at some point. 

ZZ Top - 6/10: One of the three acts (along with Madness and ELO) my dad wanted to see. Knew a couple of their songs, but wasn't really impressed. Their moves and beards might have been cool years ago but didn't really work for me now. 

Bastille - 8/10: I'm sorry, but I love Bastille and I was in the middle of a crowd who loved them too. Last year we saw them as the secret act in William's Green and I thought they were great. Their show worked for a bigger crowd too and them playing some of their new songs actually didn't work against them (like that sometimes gets the momentum out of a show).

Sigur Ros - 9/10: Those lights. Wow. I didn't really know what to expect of a three man Sigur Ros show, but wow they delivered. Seaglopur, like someone else already said, was amazing. Didn't stay till the end of it, because my dad thought they sounded the same after 30 minutes and was done with it, but I'm absolutely certain they are worth my 9. 

Saturday:

Dua Lipa and Alessia Cara - 7/10: Good fun, but nothing special. Having seen Years and Years and Jessie Ware last year on the same stage really bring the house down these two females were great, but they did nothing to wow me. 

Madness - 7/10: They were good fun. I loved the jokes (the wig) and the fun they seemed to have playing the stage. The crowd was amazing too and ended up knowing quite a lot of their songs. 

The 1975 - 9/10: Absolutely loved it. Were in the middle of a large group of teen girls, who were fangirling like crazy which added to the mood. My dad enjoyed it too and when the rainbow came out (and we weren't hit by those showers) I knew it was all pretty perfect. 

Adele - 10/10: We were all the way in the front, with as little space as I have ever had when watching a concert, but it was all worth it. I knew she would be great, hadn't expected her to be this good. I loved her banter (even the swearing), the selfies and the setlist was pretty good too. Even had a moment during when we were young. 

Sunday:

ELO - 6/10: Like ZZtop, not really my thing. Couldn't stop staying at the violinist though (even though I'm a girl and have a boyfriend), she was gorgeous. My dad was really enjoying them though. 

Years and Years - N/A: Because we stayed at ELO and waited for them to finish, missed most of Years and Years' set. Thought the dancers were a bit of a weird addition when I first saw them, but then realized it worked. I was there when he gave his 'pride' speech and was genuinely touched and felt a little sad that there are people who need to live with fear like that in this day and age. I appreciate he spoke out on the subject and wasn't afraid to use his status/position to help out other people. 

Ellie Goulding - 5/10: I like her songs, she sang them well so I'm not sure what happened. It just didn't do anything for me. I felt nothing. It was just boring. 

Coldplay - 10/10: Having seen them in 2011, I knew they would be great but this blew my mind. The cameos, the extended version of songs, the wristbands, the Viola Beach tribute. Wow, just wow. 

I just realized that the performances I rated higher are the ones where the artists went on a limb to make their performance something more special and personal. The fact that Years and Years spoke out about being out and proud, that Coldplay paid tribute to a young band who lost their lives too soon, that Adele brought fans on stage to take a selfie with, those things made these performances memorable and truly something special. 

Thursday

The Smyths - Best tribute band out there to The Smiths - 9/10

Friday

James - Hour late due to technical issues but worth the wait - 8/10

Blossoms - Having not heard anything from these lads I was very surprised. One of the bands whose albums I will be buying when out - 8/10

Vince Staples - Not into his music and went with friends. Enjoyed tho - 6/10

Editors - One of my favourite ever bands. Toms passions on stage never falters. Excellent! - 9/10

Foals - Will be future headliners im sure. Excellent - 9/10

Richard Hawley - Another act I didn't know much of his music but he was outstanding. Knocked it out of the Park (Sorry!!) 9/10

Saturday

Baaba Maal - Really enjoyed experiencing different music than I normally would - 8/10

Travis - Trip down memory lane. Small venue. Just wow - 10/10

The Last Shadow Puppets - Enjoyed the set. Didn't enjoy how arrogant Alex Turner has become! -5/10

Art Garfunkel - Didn't manage to get into the tent and sound wasn't the best outside as it was too quiet - 5/10

New Order - Excellent performance. Even if Bernard Sumner's voice isn't that good live. 8/10

Sunday

Gregory Porter - Wow what a voice! Excellent way to kick off sunday - 8/10

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot - Superb set. Just a singalong from the start to finish - 9/10

ELO - Best legend slot ive ever seen and also the best sound ive heard on the Pyramid - 9/10

Catfish & the Bottlemen - Never seen before but well worth the wait. - 8/10

Guy Garvey - Wouldn't be Glastonbury without him for me. Great stage presence. Would have liked some Elbow though - 8/10

LCD Soundsystem - One of my all time Glastonbury highlights ever and the best finish ive ever had to a festival - 10/10

19 hours ago, Hovis said:

I'm a really big frightened rabbit fan and their other stage set was one of my biggest disappointments, the fact that they were told to cut the set short clearly upset them, combined with the weather and a rushed set they never really got the crowd going, I have seen them 3 times before and that was easily the worst time, Fortunately i went to there Williams green set later on the Friday and that was one of my highlights of the week, they smashed it, crowd was amazing, Scott was pretty drunk, easily the best time i have seen them.    

100% agree! Was at both sets as well. Other stage was so bad one of the worst sets for me of the weekend. I was even skeptical going to their second and was just wandering around. Wasn't even sure if we were at the right place just wandered in and then saw Frightened Rabbit's manager on the stage setting up. SO THANKFUL I did. Night and day sets. That one really felt like we were underground with the amount of mud on the ground and the lighting. Freaking loved it. 

Thursday

This is the Kit (Crow’s Nest) - 6/10 – Pleasant but the sound wasn’t great from where I was stood.

Friday

Showhawk Duo (William’s Green) - 7/10 – Nice start.

Elle King (John Peel) – 6/10 – Radio 2 friendly pop. Nice enough but nothing to write home about.

Skepta (Pyramid) – 7/10 – Pretty cool. Just sat at the very back of the field and watched over the crowd.

Ezra Furman (The Park) – 8.5/10 – Awesome. Awkward stage presence but cracking energy and tunes.

White Denim (West Holts) – 6.5/10 – Bit dull.

Corrine Bailey Rae (Avalon) – 8/10 – Great. Always had a soft spot. Voice is stunning.

Savages (The Park) – 7/10 – Okay. Dunno, was left a bit cold by it.

Richard Hawley (The Park) – 7.5/10 – Decent. Got pulled into a group of people signing arm in arm to one track. Was a nice moment.

Saturday

Nothing but Thieves (John Peel) – 6/10 – Meh. Future Radio 1 fodder.

Oddisee and Good Cmpany (West Holts) – 7.5/10 – Really great hip-hop. Nice lyrics. Brought some funk.

Beans on Toast (Avalon) – 8.5/10 – Best Beans show I think I’ve seen. Tent was rammed and good to see him get an hour slot and a great reception.

Wolf Alice (Pyramid) – 7/10 – Cool to see them on a big stage after seeing them in JP two years ago and at The Park last year. Only caught the last 4 or 5 songs but they sounded good.

Mø (John Peel) – 7/10 – Decent electro-pop but it mainly made me feel really old.

Last Shadow Puppets (Pyramid) – 6.5/10 – Better than I expected but I’m not over-enamoured by them.

Chvrches (Other) – 9.5/10 – Spectacular. 2016 will be known by me as the year of Chvrches. Hopefully they get a big push with their next album and all going well, I could see them subbing Pyramid next time.

Adele (Pyramid) 8.5/10 – Really good. My favourite headline set of the weekend. Talked a little too much, turned into awful radio DJ patter at times but y’know, the tunes were great and crowd was into it.

Sunday

Tired Lion (John Peel)- 6.5/10 – Pitiful crowd but they sounded pretty decent tbf. Knew nothing of them previously.

C Duncan (Park) – 6/10 – Just sat at the back of the field and listened. Pleasant in the background but it just sort of passed my by.

Hinds (Park) – 9.5/10 – Favourite band at the moment. So much fun.

Mystery Jets (John Peel) – 8/10 – Again, only caught the last 4 or 5 songs but the crowd seemed really into it. Got a great reception.

Bat For Lashes (John Peel) – 8/10 – Nice to see her after a programming cock up meant I missed her in ’09 and she hasn’t been back since. New stuff sounding great.

Band of Horses (John Peel) – 6/10 – Passed me by a little except for one or two tracks.

PJ Harvey (Other) – 6.5/10 – Didn’t do much for me.

LCD Soundsystem (Other) 8/10 – Very good. Didn't connect with me as it did others and I possibly would've enjoyed Coldplay more, but it was fun. All My Friends was cool as the final song of the weekend but I don't think it'll be one I always remember..

Wednesday:

The walk from the car to gate D and the campsite: 0/10 - PTSD inducing terror. 

Thursday:

New York Brass Band - 8/10 - always a great way to kick things off, did a good cover of Mr Blue Sky.  

The Smyths - 8/10 - great fun, managed to get near the front and sang my lungs out. 

Steve Davis - 0/10 - complete and utter pish. Worst thing I saw all weekend.

Friday:

James - 8/10 - 'Sometimes' in the crap weather was very poignant, and it's one of my favourite songs of all time, so a real highlight of the festival having never seen them live before. Tim's energy is incredibly infectious!

Blossoms - 7/10 - better than I expected them to be, going to get their album. 

Christine & The Queens - 9/10 - interesting, joyous, incredible, amazing, fun, emotional... My biggest surprise of the weekend, it was such an amazing set despite the shit weather. I saw her/them on Jools Holland and didn't think too much to it, but it's ended up as one of the best things I saw all weekend. 

Gentleman's Dub Club - 8/10 - really good, just wish I could have gotten close enough to see the stage!

Ezra Furman - 7/10 - I wasn't really in the right mood for him, but he put on a good show. Found it quite strange (but not necessarily in a negative way) how he seems so shy when talking between songs, then can turn into a crazy overactive jack-in-the-box he becomes when he's playing a song.

ZZ Top - 6/10 - Not bad, funny when they do the synchronised old man dancey guitar playing. My Dad would have loved it. 

Foals - 7/10 - very good, but didn't blow me away. 

Saw half of Disclosure and the end of Underworld. Born Slippy was a big moment for me and my mates, good times were had in Glasto Latino and the Common after that. So good were those times, that Saturday was a pretty tough day!

Saturday:

Felt like complete shit all day, having massively overdone things on Friday night. Still tried to push on and see as much as I'd originally planned to as I could.

Beans on Toast - 9/10 - even better than the last time I saw him on the Hell Stage last year. He's such a talented bloke and put a massive grin on my face despite me feeling awful. 

Madness - 6/10 - I wasn't really in the mood for dancing, but everyone else seemed to have a good time. I'd mark them higher if I'd been in a better mood I reckon. Disappointed that they didn't do the 'Hey you, don't watch that' intro to One Step Beyond, I love that part! 

Tame Impala - 8/10 - I expected them to be boring and they were anything but - really chuffed I went to see them. Over the moon when they performed Daffodils, loved it when Ronson did it in his set last year so it made for a cool throwback to that. 

Adele - 9/10 - enjoyed it far more than I expected to, spoiled a bit by too much chatting and getting people out of the crowd stuff though. Might have had a bit of a cry... Then went to bed straight after as I was ruined and wanted to save my energy for a big finish to the Festival on Sunday. 

Sunday:

The best lineup of the all three days in my view...

Gregory Porter - 9/10 - Even better than his West Holts performance last year. His voice is like sexual chocolate. 

Michael Kiwanuka - 8/10 - Great soulful sway about in the mud. 

Anoushka Shankar - 9/10 - Another great surprise. Felt a bit sorry for her as 90% of the festival must have been watching ELO but she didn't care. Her music and talent had me completely mesmerised for her whole set. Each song feels like a real journey, and her band are a perfect compliment to her sitar playing. 

Catfish and the Bottlemen - 4/10 - wholeheartedly agree with the indie landfill comments. Some of my mates reckon they could headline in a few years. I hope to god that they're wrong. 

Craig David - 6/10 - wrong location, couldn't get near the tent. Good throwback to my garage-loving teenage years though.

LCD Soundsystem - 100/10 - All of my mates went to see Coldplay, so I went on my own and caught the very end of PJ Harvey so I could get a good spot near the front. Ended up in the middle about 10-15 people from the front barrier and made a few friends who ended up feeling like my best mates by the end (Ollie from Stoke Newington - you are a legend). WHAT. A. SET. I was expecting them to be good, and possibly the highlight of the weekend, but not the best live set I've ever seen. James seemed genuinely moved by the crowd reaction, every single song produced a bigger reaction until we exploded to All My Friends. I honestly can't put into words how good it was!

1 hour ago, NoBallGames said:

100% agree! Was at both sets as well. Other stage was so bad one of the worst sets for me of the weekend. I was even skeptical going to their second and was just wandering around. Wasn't even sure if we were at the right place just wandered in and then saw Frightened Rabbit's manager on the stage setting up. SO THANKFUL I did. Night and day sets. That one really felt like we were underground with the amount of mud on the ground and the lighting. Freaking loved it. 

Im also a massive fan and found The Other Stage performance lacking. I didn't see their William's Green set. :( I'll see them in Leeds later this year though. :)

I haven't enjoyed their latest album as much as their older ones, which will partly be it. On the Other they only played one of my favourite songs.

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

Mystery Jets (John Peel) – 8/10 – Again, only caught the last 4 or 5 songs but the crowd seemed really into it. Got a great reception.

I caught the first 4 or 5 songs. The crowd were not into it at all, and its the only act all weekend I left! Haha, maybe a bad decision!