Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

31 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Tonight, the first set was atrocious, mainly because the venue seemed oversold and the crowd were dreadful! The 2nd half was amazing though, seemed like 500 left the venue, less talking during the music and it was just great, he played the new album in the 2nd half tonight btw, 

I thought the same, I enjoyed the first set but it felt very flat, that coupled with the crackling speaker on the right side were really hampering it.

The second half was incredible though, felt really special.

I have to strongly disagree! Bon Iver is by far my favourite album so I was delighted with the first set - and a bit overcome at points. Perth and Holocene particularly. We had a really good spot nearish to the front though and the crowd were quiet. Did notice the speaker though...

Loved the whole gig though. Incredible stuff. Dare I say it was worth the wait?

What's the deal with ID checks? I'm now gonna be in London on the 5th so reckon I might try and pick up a ticket. Eventim seem to have rear circle standing tickets on sale, which is a bit naff but i'd defo get in. Or I can try to pick up a spare. What do we reckon? 

Also is Phoebe Bridgers doing the 5th? 

Edited by the wonderwhy

Yeah last night it was very uncomfortably overcrowded, but the only other time I've been to Hammersmith (City and Colour a few years ago) it was the same then so I guess that's just how it is there. Perth and Blood Bank were my highlights, would have liked a bit more from the first album, but it was a good show.

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

What's the deal with ID checks? I'm now gonna be in London on the 5th so reckon I might try and pick up a ticket. Eventim seem to have rear circle standing tickets on sale, which is a bit naff but i'd defo get in. Or I can try to pick up a spare. What do we reckon? 

Also is Phoebe Bridgers doing the 5th? 

Yeah I was ID’d at the entrance gate as well and seemed to be ensuring my mates trailing behind were with me too.

Going to have a problem in April as my mate bought my tickets for The Streets and isn’t coming, not sure what to do there.

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah I was ID’d at the entrance gate as well and seemed to be ensuring my mates trailing behind were with me too.

Going to have a problem in April as my mate bought my tickets for The Streets and isn’t coming, not sure what to do there.

It's not always like that at the Apollo. Pretty sure we didn't get checked for Orbital in December. I think it's specific to Bon Iver/the promoter?

30 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Last night was the one tbh. Absolutely incredible gig and well worth the wait. Could easily see a set like that headlining the Other Stage. Some unforgettable moments for sure. 

This. If they're still touring in 2019 give them an other stage slot ffs, absolutely criminal that they weren't there last year.

1 hour ago, James96 said:

This. If they're still touring in 2019 give them an other stage slot ffs, absolutely criminal that they weren't there last year.

Yeah, I was saying this straight after the gig too. Would've been perfect for the Sunday night.

3 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

That really was some show last night! 22, A Million tracks were all brilliant, but the main highlight for me was the solo version of Woods with JV adding layers upon layers of vocal on his wee sample machine, spine-tingling stuff.

22, a million tracks went down brilliantly, I thought. I love the album and I know it wasn't as well received when released as the others had been but I heard a lot of people saying after the gig how pleasantly surprised they were by how good those tracks were live. Holocene, The Wolves (fantastic singalong was unexpected for me) and Over Soon were my highlights. Really special gig. Everyone going to the remaining shows - enjoy!