Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

On 09/02/2018 at 6:39 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

Tickets for all London nights back on sale: http://www.eventim.co.uk/Tickets.html?affiliate=EUK&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=1741808&includeOnlybookable=true&x10=1&x11=bon iver

I know the 'For Emma' Milwaukee gig is a one-off, but what I would give for the first set in 'An Evening With...' to be For Emma in full

I doubt they’ll play it in full but I imagine it’ll feature heavily. If it’s “An Evening With...” I imagine we’ll get a good 20+ tunes, so that’s a lot of setlist to fill. Can’t imagine them rehearsing the whole record and not revisiting some of the older tunes on this tour even if they don’t play it all.

Either way I reckon the Evening With gigs will be the shows of the year. 

15 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Ticketmaster have emailed out rough set times:

Slightly miffed that Bon Iver is doing 90 minutes on both the "An Evening With" and the ones with support as I was hoping that the "An Evening With" ones would be longer to compensate for the lack of Phoebe Bridgers but oh well

My only hope is that Justin Vernon will appreciate the fact that he is cutting off the gigs an hour early so plays a bit longer than finishing at 10pm

Edited by finn_with_1_n

48 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Slightly miffed that Bon Iver is doing 90 minutes on both the "An Evening With" and the ones with support as I was hoping that the "An Evening With" ones would be longer to compensate for the lack of Phoebe Bridgers but oh well

My only hope is that Justin Vernon will appreciate the fact that he is cutting off the gigs an hour early so plays a bit longer than finishing at 10pm

Whereas i, on the other hand, am fucking delighted cos i’ve got one of the evenings with support and i was proper pissed off that i was going to be missing out on an extra hour of Bon Iver. 

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Ticketmaster have emailed out rough set times:

An Evening With Bon Iver

Doors: 18:30
1st Set: 20:00
Intermission: 20:45
2nd Set: 21:15
End: 22:00

Bon Iver w/ Support

Doors: 18:30
Support Set: 20:00
Intermission: 20:45
Bon Iver Set: 21:15
End: 22:45

How strange, so if anything those of us with tickets to the 'An Evening With' gigs have come off worse.

Great show tonight, it sounded grand!  They did check ID on the door.  Started at about 8.15 and the break was 22 minutes.  Spoilers follow.

Abosolutely loved the first half with the 22 a million set.  2nd half was cool.  Still preferred the first album songs with the raw edge they used to have, with less musicians etc.  Still lovely to hear a few of those songs though.  Lights and set were great, love a bar break too!

Edited by fantomas

1 hour ago, fantomas said:

Great show tonight, it sounded grand!  They did check ID on the door.  Started at about 8.15 and the break was 22 minutes.  Spoilers follow.

Reveal hidden contents

Abosolutely loved the first half with the 22 a million set.  2nd half was cool.  Still preferred the first album songs with the raw edge they used to have, with less musicians etc.  Still lovely to hear a few of those songs though.  Lights and set were great, love a bar break too!

What time did it end please? Was it 90 mins of Bon Iver as per the set times?

Tonight, the first set was atrocious, mainly because the venue seemed oversold and the crowd were dreadful! The 2nd half was amazing though, seemed like 500 left the venue, less talking during the music and it was just great, he played the new album in the 2nd half tonight btw,