Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

Listening to his performance at the NPR... wow. can only dream of seeing him at night on the farm. Interesting thing is, live, the new album sounds more like traditional bon iver... and its stunning.

oh and he plays beach baby in this set list! 

http://www.npr.org/event/music/506306492/bon-iver-live-in-concert

Edited by TiZuff
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TiZuff said:

Listening to his performance at the NPR... wow. can only dream of seeing him at night on the farm. Interesting thing is, live, the new album sounds more like traditional bon iver... and its stunning.

The live version of Creature Fear is an absolute monster. What a performance. Headline up against Ed please!

While Justin is the part owner of the festival, pretty sure one of the Dessener brothers from The National also part own it too. The National didn't play last year, what about them playing instead of Bon Iver, I don't really know what else he can offer, he would have played three years in a row?

13 hours ago, TiZuff said:

thanks for sharing this, the new tracks sound great! Really looking forward to the London show next year now, hoping for a slightly longer set with more stuff from the second album though.

23 minutes ago, James96 said:

While Justin is the part owner of the festival, pretty sure one of the Dessener brothers from The National also part own it too. The National didn't play last year, what about them playing instead of Bon Iver, I don't really know what else he can offer, he would have played three years in a row?

People may say that about The Levellers and Beautiful Days.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

People may say that about The Levellers and Beautiful Days.

Hmm yeah, but The National seem to be working on a record and could do a Bon Iver and play the album set at Eaux Claires. Leaves Justin to have a break, because by the looks of his recent sets, the 2017 festival set will almost be identical to the 2016 one!

3 minutes ago, Cian T said:

Any reason why Bon Iver couldn't sub Ed Sheeran? Ed is a big fan of them and even has lyrics to Re: Stacks tattooed on him, could have requested them perhaps?

Because Bon Iver are good.

Joking of course, but I really don't think they'd fare well as a pyramid sub with the material that they're touring at the moment, especially not with Ed's crowd. But I didn't know about the tattoo thing - it could happen I guess.

21 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

don't think they'd fare well as a pyramid sub with the material that they're touring at the moment, especially not with Ed's crowd.

Yeah I suppose you're right there, I'd hate Bon Iver to be wasted the same way Beck was on the Coldplay crowd.

also, managed to find this for you :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...