Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

14 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Oh I definitely don't dispute their size, it's more this that I worry about. 

Other Headliner is my preferred option but I guess that's the only other realistic alternative. Tbf, I'll be delighted wherever they're booked if it happens!

tbf, if this year's apparent original plan of having D'Angelo before Adele was actually on the cards at one point then i see no reason why an act like Bon Iver couldn't go on before an act like Radiohead - at least you'd assume a Radiohead crowd would be a bit more appreciative/be in a similar fanbase. what kind of crowd it'd pull size-wise is another thing entirely (probably small-ish for Pyramid sub/headliner) but that shouldn't stop them

after hearing those new songs, Other headliner doesn't seem too far out. would imagine it'd be a similar smallish but very appreciative crowd to LCD (assuming he'd be on at the same time as Sheeran/Roses/another huge headliner)

5 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Can't see them doing arenas just wouldn't feel right would it?

didn't really feel right last time around, but at least the last album had a few big arena filing songs. obviously haven't heard the new album yet so hard to comment, but based off of those two songs an arena tour would seem odd. ticket day for whatever shows he does will be mental though if he plays the likes of Manchester Apollo and similar sized venues

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Christ the new stuff is dreadful. Unsurprisingly.

I'm sure we'll hear it in one those God awful Wes Anderson movies at some stage. Made for each other!

Not yet heard the new jams from Bon and the lads, but you've taken yourself down a bit of a cul de sac with the Wes Anderson jibe, Nal - given my man’s penchant for classic rock and tendency to deploy the Rolling Stones / Kinks / Bowie at the drop of a hat.

http://www.avclub.com/article/almost-every-song-used-wes-anderson-film-166-track-217720

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2016 at 9:45 AM, The Nal said:

I'm sure we'll hear it in one those God awful Wes Anderson movies at some stage. Made for each other!

wes-anderson-grand-budapest-hotel-traile

The beginning of the end of the end of the beginning has begun. A sad finale played off-key on a broken-down saloon piano in the outskirts of a forgotten ghost town. I'd rather not bear witness to such blasphemy.

Gotta say the new song really isn't clicking with me. It just sounds arty for arts sake. There's no soul or substance there at all. It's weird imagery and metaphors just for the sake of it. Maybe it's a grower, but very disappointed after the first few listens. It reminds me of newer Kanye where I think he's kinda missing the point and he's lost in the pursuit of edginess and it ultimately sounds forced and shallow.

Edited by jparx

Trying desperately hard to not download the low quality version. Theres been a fairly polarizing response to this new material. I really enjoyed 22 and God but found deathbreast a bit meh. If any more of you have succumed to the pressure and downloaded it id be interested to know your thoughts. 

6 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Trying desperately hard to not download the low quality version. Theres been a fairly polarizing response to this new material. I really enjoyed 22 and God but found deathbreast a bit meh. If any more of you have succumed to the pressure and downloaded it id be interested to know your thoughts. 

well after listening to the decent quality leak the once i'm pretty unsure. i enjoyed it, but i can tell it's gonna take a few listens before i truly get to grips with it. definitely not one for people still hoping for another log cabin retreat album. seems inevitable that he's gonna end up at the festival next year, but christ i don't know where they're gonna put him

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well after listening to the decent quality leak the once i'm pretty unsure. i enjoyed it, but i can tell it's gonna take a few listens before i truly get to grips with it. definitely not one for people still hoping for another log cabin retreat album. seems inevitable that he's gonna end up at the festival next year, but christ i don't know where they're gonna put him

Hahaha yeah he's a tricky one to place. I'd thought he'd put out a big pop album and sub it but this stuff wouldn't go down too great in that slot.

For the record I think this is definitely giving Radiohead some competition for AOTY.

3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I think he will headline other against sheeran, put justice on WH and courteeners on JP then you are giving everyone a little something

unless you only like music pre-2005, in which case there's nothing for you

Radiohead Friday and Bon Iver Saturday would be two ace headliners, but that Justice clash would suck. Justice to close WH on the Sunday plz!