Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I've been watching this performance of Heavenly Father loads recently and it's great, I'd love for there to be a couple of more songs similar to it on the new album.

This just gave me goosebumps, what a stunning version. I hope The Staves stay involved with Bon Iver going forward

21 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Headlined The Park after album 1 no? I've seen them in Manchester Arena and headlining Latitude, so definitely too big for The Park now.

Park 09 was utterly spellbinding. Back then the stage was set a bit further down the hill. Most people were being bored by the boss so it was sparse enough to set up a blanket, sit down and still see the whole stage and hear it perfectly. Stunning stuff. Other Stage Head or Pyr Sub id imagine. Id have said that about Sigur Ros tho and look where they ended up!

Edited by T-Mouse

• 2 weeks later...

http://pitchfork.com/news/65422-bon-iver-to-premiere-new-album-live-on-friday/

"Bon Iver will premiere their new album at a live performance this Friday, August 12, at Justin Vernon and Aaron Dessner's Eaux Claires festival in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The title and release date for the follow-up to 2011’s Bon Iver have not been announced yet. But the words "22 Days" seem to be involved somehow, based on a recent teaser video, artwork and hashtags that have shown up on Bon Iver's social media accounts, and a new Brooklyn mural (as Stereogum points out.)"

8 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Subbing the Pyramid though... really??

Headlined the likes of Latitude and played arenas on the last album tour so assuming the interest is still there, size-wise it seems about right, but obviously if the rest of the album is as quirky as these two songs and he continues to play so heavily from the new album then it'd probably go down like a lead balloon (before Radiohead though..?). A hard act to place. Other headliners seem to fall in to the electronic category these days, although there could obviously be an exception, and he just seems too big for JP headliner to me (yes, bigger than Sigur Ros)

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

but obviously if the rest of the album is as quirky as these two songs and he continues to play so heavily from the new album then it'd probably go down like a lead balloon (before Radiohead though..?).

Oh I definitely don't dispute their size, it's more this that I worry about. 

Other Headliner is my preferred option but I guess that's the only other realistic alternative. Tbf, I'll be delighted wherever they're booked if it happens!