Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

Listened to Bon Iver for the first time a couple of days ago. Why it was the 1st God knows?! Sensational music!! Would be stoked to see Justin at the festival doing his own set rather than being sidelined horrifically when coming on with Kanye. Would be a fine band festival combination.

Edited by willutalk

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Confident this album is going to be a big deal so a Pyramid sub under Radiohead or even Sheeran makes sense imo.

Am with you. The hype is going to snowball quickly I think. If the marketing is timed right, a sub slot/other headliner would be absolutely perfect imo.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

If Jake bleeding Bugg can headline The Other then so can BI. Still think he's better suited for JP. 

Opening an Other Stage headline slot with something like Heavenly Father would probably be one of the greatest moments of my life. I have to politely disagree. Sub would be cool, but headlining the other stage would be glorious. Id cry for the whole hour and a half. 

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

Justin Vernon needs to redeem himself after that shitshow with Kanye. It's not good when you're the worst part of an already awful performance :P

Hopefully Bon Iver play and smash it to erase those awful memories!

To be fair to him he was absolutely magnificent when he came out with James Blake this year. Kanye's show was just disorganised and misconceived on a lot of levels - can't really blame Justin for that.

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

To be fair to him he was absolutely magnificent when he came out with James Blake this year. Kanye's show was just disorganised and misconceived on a lot of levels - can't really blame Justin for that.

I'm not blaming him, but his portion of the show was the low point of a hideous set :P

People tend to worship the guy but that was one of the worst live experiences I've ever had. It's obviously not entirely his fault, but he's not blameless!

But as I said, I'd be excited to see Bon Iver at Glastonbury and he's obviously a million times better than what he did with Kanye.

3 hours ago, baggienick68 said:

My absolute nightmare is Bon Iver headlining The Other or the JP and clashing with Radiohead headlining the Pyramid. They would never be so cruel - would they?

sorry. :-(

Surely they can't do that can they? In fact, they probably will won't they? Dammit. 

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Played in 09. Not a whole lot of difference between him and Mumford and Sons is there?. 

he beefed up his sound a lot on his second album a few years after this and i anticipate he'll take an even bigger left turn with this new one so yeah, i don't think he'll have a problem being on the Pyramid at all

There was a particularly horrible weak as piss brand of wannabe melodic indie pop knocking about at the end of the noughties that bands like Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes spearheaded. 

Thankfully the new decade seemed to breath common sense into people and by the time their pointless damp fart 2nd albums came out folk seemed wise to the ruse. Reminded me of the late 90s/early 00s Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park cobblers. Except more boring. Unbelievably. 

This is the pits. Just shit.

Aye I've never been into Bon Iver. Downloaded both albums at one point a couple years ago and gave them a bash and didn't get anything from it whatsoever.

Might give them another go in the run up to the next album or if they're at Glasto but right now I'm not hoping for them to appear at all tbh (obviously I don't want them to not play).