Knobs

elias

Maybe just me, but I thought there was a lack of ignorant, rude people this year?
Ran into one or two, but generally I was very pleased with the way everyone acted.
I realise that it is entirely dependant on good/bad luck as to the people you meet. Maybe I had all my good luck this year.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto.  I felt the crowd was tons better this year than the last couple of years.  Maybe it was down to the mud but to me it just felt like everyone was a little more considerate and up for chatting to randoms.  Met loads of really nice and chatty folk waiting for bands to start

Yeah, met some really nice decent people. I spent pretty much all my time on my own and never felt lonely, I like my own company anyway but when I was watching acts I would chat to people before hand and have a great time. I especially liked the atmosphere down the front for Earth, Wind & Fire. People were so excited for them and there was a group of us just chatting away.

An incredible weekend and not the horror story that most of the papers are trying to make it out to be.

I only got stuck by a bunch of eeeejits for Foals. Knocked my drink out my hand and then one threw up, including on my welly. Then another got out a 'Vote leave' poster and they all bounced around. Lads and ladies. 

But I've probably done it myself (not the vote leave bit), and always going to happen here and there. 

Apart from that, I agree that the crowd was very friendly, particularly helping each other through the deeper mud in crowds.

Best crowd yet for me overall, although one incident pissed me off somewhat on the Friday. Back at the tent around 3am as was nackered, just about to drop off when some girl called Alice, who by the sounds of it was completely fucked, was screaming and in hysterics for almost an hour. Even her mates were getting pissed off with her as she literally just seemed to be doing it for no apparent reason. Barely slept a wink as I found it hard to sleep once the sun started coming up.

No other incidents and I met some lovely people. However it may be just me but I do notice a difference when over at Silver Hayes. Was only over there for Craig David but found it hard to get into as surrounded by a lot of in your face types, if you know what I mean.

24 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Yeah, met some really nice decent people. I spent pretty much all my time on my own and never felt lonely, I like my own company anyway but when I was watching acts I would chat to people before hand and have a great time. I especially liked the atmosphere down the front for Earth, Wind & Fire. People were so excited for them and there was a group of us just chatting away.

An incredible weekend and not the horror story that most of the papers are trying to make it out to be.

Agree with the earth wind and fire audience being great. A group next to us shared their pimms and we shared our vodka while having a good boogie. Some guy threw hundreds of glow sticks into the crowd near us...all round good times! 

Yeah overwhelmingly good crowd this year.  Best bit - I'm stood watching New Order and am weeping like a baby when they encore  with Love Will Tear Us Apart (Because I'm soft as shite) and at the end of the set a nice young lady came up to me and said "I need to give you a kiss" and proceeded to give me the nicest hug and peck on the cheek before disappearing into the night.

I immediately resolved to cry at every opportunity at all festival sets in future.

I had 2 incidents of knobish behaviour , once a lady went to get my hat , but just by snatching it and caused a cut to my head , and the other a lady who in commenting on my fancy dress said .. what are you supposed to look like a fuc... birthday cake ? but overall met some great people and a few efesters around and about :)

Saw some horrid overprivilaged cretin woman identifying herself as a Green Party councillor calling someone who voted leave a c**t (genuinely). The nasty underbelly of the middle classes right there. Democracy is great, as long as you agree with what I think attitude. Pathetic.

My 12 year old daughter went to the loo in the one near the Pyramid stage with the mirrored door, and whilst she was in there, a very drunk woman shouted "We can see what you're doing, you dirty b*tch", which I think is vile.  If I had been there, I would have challenged her, but my husband chose not to, and my daughter says it hasn't upset her, as the woman was drunk.  Whoever she was, I hope she had the mother of all hangovers.

Edited by rainbow girl

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I had 2 incidents of knobish behaviour , once a lady went to get my hat , but just by snatching it and caused a cut to my head , and the other a lady who in commenting on my fancy dress said .. what are you supposed to look like a fuc... birthday cake ? but overall met some great people and a few efesters around and about :)

What were you actually dressed as - if you don't mind me asking?

4 minutes ago, rainbow girl said:

My 12 year old daughter went to the loo in the one near the Pyramid stage with the mirrored door, and whilst she was in there, a very drunk woman shouted "We can see what you're doing, you dirty b*tch", which I think is vile.  If I had been there, I would have challenged her, but my husband chose not to, and my daughter says it hasn't upset her, as the woman was drunk.  Whoever she was, I hope she had the mother of all hangovers.

That is indeed vile. Happy to hear that your daughter took it in her stride. Could so easily have gone the other way.

We commented on the better behavioural atmosphere as well this year.  Not sure if people were just knackered walking through the mud, but even whilst walking most people were happy enough to walk along patiently, and not too much pushing. 

I do think the lack of laughing gas made the whole experience more pleasurable, and saw hardly any canisters lying around. Also the litter situation, whilst not great, did look better than previous years.  Whether it was all hidden in the mud is another story, but I did see more people piling up cans and food at their feet and then when leaving their spot, put it all in bags and left the place tidy.   

There was much less pissing against hedges etc, and i only witnessed it once at the Glade and a woman gave a bloke such an earful about the festival being banned.  He just laughed and staggered on (you are always going to get some).  

I bumped in to a fair share of arseholes to be honest. The amount of people pissing everywhere was ridiculous, a group of three lads all just pissed onto the ground during lumineers, another guy pissed into a cup beside me at foals, and two dirty tramp girls just decided to crouch down and piss about 5 feet from where I was sitting eating at the benches beside the bridge between the pyramid and other. What is wrong with these people?

Had a fair few goons on my campsite too. Everyone else was really nice though and I met loads of really sound people.