Knobs

elias

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What were you actually dressed as - if you don't mind me asking?

Ha ha!  Can't believe you've missed the pics of his outfit - check the thread where is Crazyfool?

Edited by Beerqueen
to add link

14 minutes ago, rainbow girl said:

My 12 year old daughter went to the loo in the one near the Pyramid stage with the mirrored door, and whilst she was in there, a very drunk woman shouted "We can see what you're doing, you dirty b*tch", which I think is vile.  If I had been there, I would have challenged her, but my husband chose not to, and my daughter says it hasn't upset her, as the woman was drunk.  Whoever she was, I hope she had the mother of all hangovers.

Doesn't help that you could see through the bloody mirror though from far away!! I was shocked when I walked passed and could literally see in, not clear by any means but enough for it to be a bit of a joke. No excuse for the vile woman you mention mind you.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

see the wheres crazyfool thread on page 2 :)

Apologies - I had actually read a bit of your thread but forgot about it. My memory nowadays is very slack, to say the least. That said, I do recall the princely sum of £40 ( I think) being offered to charity if enough people recognised you. Did you hit the target?

21 minutes ago, rainbow girl said:

My 12 year old daughter went to the loo in the one near the Pyramid stage with the mirrored door, and whilst she was in there, a very drunk woman shouted "We can see what you're doing, you dirty b*tch", which I think is vile.  If I had been there, I would have challenged her, but my husband chose not to, and my daughter says it hasn't upset her, as the woman was drunk.  Whoever she was, I hope she had the mother of all hangovers.

Not great, but im sure (or at least hoping) the woman had no idea she was a 12 year old and was trying some strange kind of banter.

Edited by Thunderstruck

I think the mud and lack of real sun bizarrely made for a better attitude at the pyramid compared to last year. Got shouted at several times last year for stepping near people picnic blankets just trying to make my way through the back. With the amount of mud it would've been stupid to be so precious and it must've stopped a lot of people basically sunbathing all day like they're at the beach.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Apologies - I had actually read a bit of your thread but forgot about it. My memory nowadays is very slack, to say the least. That said, I do recall the princely sum of £40 ( I think) being offered to charity if enough people recognised you. Did you hit the target?

Im awaiting some responses and photos will see how many I get , its not a fortune unfortunatly but the festival has done loads for me and is time I put a little back :)

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Im awaiting some responses and photos will see how many I get , its not a fortune unfortunatly but the festival has done loads for me and is time I put a little back :)

I looked out for you constantly but no luck. Can't believe that out of 200,000 people I failed to spot one individual person!  :lol:

Agreed, much better than last year and also didn't see anyone Roth those stupid balloons and metal canisters. 

Only one incident when we were queuing for the Rabbit Hole at 12:30am to see Fatboy Slim in there and big line behind us when around 15 scousers just barged their way to the front and pushed in despite is telling them to do one. Arrogant. 

43 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

I genuinely believe the banning of laughing gas had a huge affect on behaviour and litter on the festival. 

You know what, I didn't hear that fucking whoosh all week! 

Felt like an early/mid 20s crowd more than a late teens crowd of a few previous years. Guess exams may have ruled many out?

My whole gang had a discussion about this yesterday. We felt it was a lot mellower, calmer, gentler, and generally more affable. The last couple of years I feared it was heading the same way as the other festivals. Glad to see a return to form this year. That said the news on Friday, the weather, the mud and my general avoidance of the dance areas may have played a part. Great year all round.

31 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

We commented on the better behavioural atmosphere as well this year.  Not sure if people were just knackered walking through the mud, but even whilst walking most people were happy enough to walk along patiently, and not too much pushing. 

I do think the lack of laughing gas made the whole experience more pleasurable, and saw hardly any canisters lying around. Also the litter situation, whilst not great, did look better than previous years.  Whether it was all hidden in the mud is another story, but I did see more people piling up cans and food at their feet and then when leaving their spot, put it all in bags and left the place tidy.   

There was much less pissing against hedges etc, and i only witnessed it once at the Glade and a woman gave a bloke such an earful about the festival being banned.  He just laughed and staggered on (you are always going to get some).  

That could have well been me giving the earful..6 of us gave one guy a massive boo a bit further down then I gave another guy a proper earful just at the back corner of the Glade across from the Glade Lounge. It's not like there aren't plenty of toilets so no excuses!!

5 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

That could have well been me giving the earful..6 of us gave one guy a massive boo a bit further down then I gave another guy a proper earful just at the back corner of the Glade across from the Glade Lounge. It's not like there aren't plenty of toilets so no excuses!!

Well done!

I did notice lots of people pushing and shoving on the walkways. it's like they don't realise that if they just walked with the flow then we'd all get there quicker than hustling and bustling about, bouncing off each other. I hate being shoved out the way, especially as I'm quite small. I think it's really rude and unnecessary.

Overall, I found it pleasant but we did come across a few idiots.  Particularly people off their face with substances they clearly couldn't handle- pushing past really aggressively etc. Also, there were a few people who were very rude in the car parks this morning, literally shouting at me to move cars so they could leave despite the majority of cars having more than 1 person in who could get out and help.  I'd only got out to see what was going on/ have a cigarette. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention the teenage idiot that shoved past us during Coldplay, pushing my 60 year old Dad into a six year old child. Had the audacity to give us a load of mouth straight after too. 

We didn't have a chance to check the child was okay because it was so rammed and we needed to keep moving to avoid even more of a crush - but if you were stood at the right side of the Pyramid near Row Mead, we're so sorry. 

Only thing from anyone all weekend that annoyed me was when a friend got totally stuck in the mud on one of the ramps up to the railway track from the Other field, I went to help get her out and a woman barged past us shouting "DON'T JUST STOP IN THE MUD PLEASE, DON'T STOP IN THE MUD" as if it were our idea of a fun time or something. 

the opposite for me, one thing that really got to me and even had me ranting under my breath at one stage it got so bad(very un glastonbury I know) was the crowds on the walkways....they are meant to be 2 way systems yes? the amount of times id be walking one direction and then the crowd going the other way would just surge all over the walkway and force anyone going the other way off into the thick mud got stupid at one stage....esp the walk between silver hayes and other stage...no need to literally push people off the path like that, one thing I noticed at this years fest, crowd control almost non existent which resulted in some more ugliness as well, saw a punch up kick off near arcadia on the pennards path at one poin due to so much pushing and shoving, and ive NEVER seen that before at the festival.

On the whole the crowd was great.  Everyone seemed in good spirits despite the trying conditions, we chatted to loads of really nice people, especially at the smaller stages and market areas.  I saw less canisters and a lot less peeing in the hedges this year too.  However I found the pushing and shoving at the Pyramid really really bad this year.  Big strings of drunk fucking glitter covered obnoxious girls holding hands and barging through regardless of anyone else.  It doesn't take much to say excuse me :growl:

And a special mention to the complete knob who ploughed through the non existent gap between me and the lovely older guy stood next to me for ELO.  Not only did he cover his leg with mud he gashed it and drew blood with his boot.  Didn't even stop or say anything.