Overheard funnies

alibear

8 hours ago, shuttlep said:

a group of Irish camped next to us. I heard them wake up Friday morning and say

"Oh My god the English have voted out, they are a bunch of Thick bastards"

my reply

"Only 51% of us"

Always find it mildly amusing how people confuse British with English. Usually its the Americans that have this problem but obviously the disease is closer to home as well.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking from the back of William's Green through to the Pyramid (just off Big Ground I think?)

The walkway went into hysterics when a little stote / weasel ran through holding it's baby in it's mouth and some guy in the crowd shouted "GET YER FRESH FERRET SANDWICHES"...hilarious at the time

12 minutes ago, Toffee Crisp said:

We had a House of Stark flag next to our tents. At around 4am one morning a group of young lads walking past screamed 'THE NORTH REMEMBERS!!!!!" and proceeded to chant the game of thrones theme tune, dancing around our tents with the utmost joy. It was so brilliant I didn't mind being woken up so dramatically. 

We had a Stark flag next to ours and someone was screaming "Kill the white walkers" in the middle of th night aswell!

You weren't up in Dairy ground were you?

6 minutes ago, pentura said:

We had a Stark flag next to ours and someone was screaming "Kill the white walkers" in the middle of th night aswell!

You weren't up in Dairy ground were you?

Bushy Ground, appropriately by 'the wall' :lol:

It proved to be a very popular flag the whole weekend, and my friend who bought it doesn't even watch GoT! 

was walking down pennard hill at about 10am on the Wednesday when I passed a young guy and 2 girls dragging their stuff up the hill trying to find a spot to pitch their tent. I can only assume they had been stuck in their car for quite a while overnight as their demeanour was not great. Just as I passed them i heard the guy say to one of the girls 'the silly bitch should not have have forgotten her f**king ticket'

I know what my reaction would have been if one of my group had realised they had forgotten their ticket as we rocked upto the gate

On the Sunday evening my better half was queuing at the loos when she overheard some young guy telling his mate he had just seen 'earth, heart and soul'

Waiting to cross into Silver Hayes when some vehicle was passing and one of the crowd decided to start directing the traffic himself. The female steward said something like "Oi, I'm the one with the fucking whistle", and someone else said "It's Adele!"

Edited by Jasmin

23 hours ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

Always find it mildly amusing how people confuse British with English. Usually its the Americans that have this problem but obviously the disease is closer to home as well.

In fairness the Scots and Northern Irish voted to remain...

rawrsomesauce's post reminded me of another one from our walk back to the car for the 2nd trip on Wednesday.

Enthusiastic guy to his mate dragging a trolley through the mud: Don't worry, we'll get you a motorised one for next year!

Grumpy mate: I'm not coming next year.

Made us laugh. Hopefully he changed his mind before the day was out.

Saturday at about 2pm, I was waiting in the greenpeace field for my number to come up on the shower thing - had a little lean on the fence in the sunshine, and just to my right there was a fella and his missus having a bit of a barney. Not really my business of course, but I leant over an ear to see what I could hear, and then she screamed WELL YOU'VE CLEARLY GOT SOME FÜCKING HYGIENE ISSUES THEN and stormed off, while the poor fella stood there dumbstruck for a second before following her up through the tunnel to permaculture.

Made me lol :lol:

Overheard this gem after Art Garfunkel played a particularly lovely version of Bright Eyes:

Bloke 1: "What's this from? It's from a film, right?"

Bloke 2: "Yeah, the weird animal one."

Bloke 1: "Oh, I know - it's from Bambi!"

Nearly pissed myself laughing.