Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

yep, expecting GnR + an incredibly mediocre (even by their standards) rest of the lineup at Download next year

G n R, Blink-182 and Metallica I've seen in the DL part of eFesters are predicting. A fairly standard, safe trio for Download, but when will safe stop stop working for them? Feeling that being safe for so many years might just turn regulars away. I read in Kerrang! (no I didn't actually buy the mag) that Rammstein were only rated KKK, whereas in 2013 I believe that they got a multitude of KKKKK reviews. Either the bands fault for only KKK, or the crowd aren't easily wowed given the extent to which the bill is repeated. Though chucking bands like Muse in 2015 keeps a constant desire for wanting to return in my opinion, whilst having the regular favourites.

As for Glastonbury:  

Very hard to make predictions at this start of the game. Would absolutely adore Radiohead and Stone Roses. Would confirm 2 nights at the Pyramid. Radiohead I've never seen and have been steadily coming to terms with how genius their music is. Terrific ethos to music making and live shows, stunning most recent album. Saw the Roses at the Heaton Park reunion gig on the Friday in 2012. Absolutely smashed it. Just hope that they could fulfil an equally tantalising prospect on the Pyramid. Fingers crossed for those two. Apart from that not too sure where to by. As I type I'm listening to Nine Inch Nails, who would be breathtaking at Worthy Farm. I reckon they pull a terrific Other Headline slot off. Would be a brilliant way to end a nights entertainment. It's a fair long shot, but having seen them twice a third and fourth etc would be very very welcome. The festivals' a Trent like figure recently. Feel that Royal Blood will be there in some capacity. Quite high on the bill. Pyramid 3 down or Other sub. Should really be able to tell from any album releases closer to the time to work out where they'd be given that there's been a break of activity recently.

Other than that there's a few others, but I'll leave you guys to mingle away.

1 minute ago, MadScientist said:

Ahhh dont say that!!! Always wanted to see em

I think the 'replacement' tag could have somewhat marred their performing status, thus somewhat having an effect on the atmosphere and whole reception to their show. I've heard that they're a top band and act, who under a regular booking tag could do well. Are they due to release any new material? 

Just now, willutalk said:

I think the 'replacement' tag could have somewhat marred their performing status, thus somewhat having an effect on the atmosphere and whole reception to their show. I've heard that they're a top band and act, who under a regular booking tag could do well. Are they due to release any new material? 

Yeah they were supposed to be releasing a new album this year but wont be ready until 2017 now 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

ah you're right. yep Ian sounds absolutely shite. i'd always assumed they'd gone down badly because nobody was interested in them, but the performance certainly didn't help! his verses on Made of Stone sound so bad

You know thats not that bad compared to sometimes. Honestly I was 3 rows from the front at Coachella Weekend 2 and it was the best vocal I heard from him. Heaton Park he sounded badish and Finsbury but its the fans signing people through it that makes it.

I feel quite certain it won't be Foos, Stone Roses and Radiohead. As a trio, that's not especially diverse or inspiring.

Two of those three, yes. But there needs to be a curveball in there. Swift, Sheeran, even Beyonce again.

I'm going with Elton for Legend, but I think it's possible Barry Gibb could come back for a full set.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

I feel quite certain it won't be Foos, Stone Roses and Radiohead. As a trio, that's not especially diverse or inspiring.

Two of those three, yes. But there needs to be a curveball in there. Swift, Sheeran, even Beyonce again.

I'm going with Elton for Legend, but I think it's possible Barry Gibb could come back for a full set.

I doubt Foo's will be ready. 

Elton isn't ever asked and not sure why he would be, The Stones probably never heard about offers as management always wanted the money.

Gibb I think is the best option atm but he just sounded squeeky onstage Sunday.

34 minutes ago, abbeyb said:

How about QOTSA? Been a while since they headlined the other and with Josh confirming they are about to go into the studio they might be touring at the time.

Pyramid sub next time they play I think and id be front and centre, love QOTSA

Edited by swede

10 hours ago, MadScientist said:

I'm willing to bet Gorillaz though

I'd be willing to bet that Gorillaz will give Glastonbury a wide bearth after 2010, which is a shame really, because we all saw that the weekend how a band can make up for one lesser than average performance, with the best show of many people's lives (LCD) 

On 6/28/2016 at 11:35 PM, arcade fireman said:

No way would I describe Radiohead as nailed on. Too many years of disappointment. Last time Radiohead headlined England were actually fairly decent at football. That's how long ago it was:(

I wouldn't have said England were that great in 2003! :P Next year represents the 20th year anniversary of OK Computer.  I think there's a good chance of it happening.

Anyway, here are the PP odds - for the Saturday night only:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/music/glastonbury?ev_oc_grp_ids=1263860

I think if you stuck a tenner each on Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, Foos and The Stone Roses, there's a very good chance you'd be up (only £10 if it's FF, but around £200 for Ed or the Roses).  I'm considering doing it, but I'd be thoroughly hacked off if Rihanna got it.

Can't see GnR at all - they seem to be favourites with no basis at all...

I doubt Lady Gaga - she has lost momentum. I think Taylor Swift would be too expensive for Glastonbury, judging by the tours she has been doing recently. Beyonce probably also too much but would be a huge crowd.

Of course would love Radiohead to be on there, but who knows - I am starting to think they like the secret longdrop set rumours ;) 

Alright - my bet is Radiohead // Beyonce // RHCP or Cure or Foos

Yes I picked too many bands. I am unsure!

2 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

I doubt Lady Gaga - she has lost momentum. I think Taylor Swift would be too expensive for Glastonbury, judging by the tours she has been doing recently. Beyonce probably also too much but would be a huge crowd.

Of course would love Radiohead to be on there, but who knows - I am starting to think they like the secret longdrop set rumours ;) 

I tell you who it won't be, RHCP

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd be willing to bet that Gorillaz will give Glastonbury a wide bearth after 2010, which is a shame really, because we all saw that the weekend how a band can make up for one lesser than average performance, with the best show of many people's lives (LCD) 

Amen 

6 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

I think if it was Radiohead, Ed and The Roses then The Roses would be Friday, Radiohead Saturday and Ed Sunday as he's the one to appeal to a lot of Sunday ticket holders. This year was a case of that option being good for Adele or Coldplay. Foo's would be Friday and as said I think Taylor will be away longer.

Not willing to put any on myself.

Edited by thewayiam

53 minutes ago, jcd_lowe said:

I wouldn't have said England were that great in 2003! :P Next year represents the 20th year anniversary of OK Computer.  I think there's a good chance of it happening.

Anyway, here are the PP odds - for the Saturday night only:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/music/glastonbury?ev_oc_grp_ids=1263860

I think if you stuck a tenner each on Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, Foos and The Stone Roses, there's a very good chance you'd be up (only £10 if it's FF, but around £200 for Ed or the Roses).  I'm considering doing it, but I'd be thoroughly hacked off if Rihanna got it.

Can't see GnR at all - they seem to be favourites with no basis at all...

If Ed Sheeran plays he headlines Sunday IMO. They usually put someone on who's more appealing to the day ticketers. 

Edit - ah, someone's made the same point above me! 

Edited by arcade fireman

That Coachella video sounded like an old man who escaped from a secure unit, got up on stage, necked a bottle of bleach, and then began belting the lyrics out while his life slowly faded away.

I saw them at V in 2012 and was blown away by them, and i've got a mate who went to the Etihad the other week and said they were class.

The Roses doing it would be huge. Whether people like them or not, nobody can doubt the impact they had on British music and how important they are. It would be a moment for many, including myself

I've had my hopes up every year since the last fallow year though so I'm not allowing myself to fall into the trap again.. although this does seem more promising than any year since they reformed

Stone Roses / Radiohead / Ed Sheeran would be ideal. I'd be at Roses and Radiohead, but I wouldn't want to do all three headliners at the Pyramid so Ed on Sunday would allow me to see something like (off the top of my head) Hot Chip on the Other or The National in the JP.

BOOK EAVII, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK IT!