Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

seems to be a lot of stuff hinting at it this time round, from all the info Neil was receiving this year (very similar to what happened with Coldplay in 2015), to him then getting info that they're headlining next year, to him then hearing from somebody about Michael blurting out that they were headlining at the festival (along with Stone Roses), plus Eavis mentioning them in that Q&A which seems like a classic Michael slip up (also mentioned that they're great and need to return). all could be wrong of course but together with Coldplay, Adele and Muse all undoubtedly being finished with touring by next year and Radiohead having only just started, it makes sense that they could be held back a year to accommodate those other three headliners

Its one thing for Eavis to say he wants them, its anothet for Thom to want to. I'm fairly sure Eavis has wanted them since in the last 13 years as well but even R&L got them.

I don't think Foo's will be back by then. I think if you go by the two acts to have never done it then its Ed and The Roses for me and gor the fest they are easy bookings. While seeing Roses do Glasto would be epic, the crowd would be a bit shit like some of it was for Kasabian....that was still a belter mind.

I now concede that FM isn't going to happen.

On 28 June 2016 at 2:35 PM, FloorFiller said:

think those odds were off, or have expired - the odds on all Radiohead, Roses and Sheeran are 2/1 here, unless i've missed odds on another site

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/9523163/.html

Currently Radiohead 2/1, Ed Sheeran 5/1 and Roses 6/1. Think it's worth sticking a tenner on each of them, all you would need is Radiohead to be one of the three to break even. 

23 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Currently Radiohead 2/1, Ed Sheeran 5/1 and Roses 6/1. Think it's worth sticking a tenner on each of them, all you would need is Radiohead to be one of the three to break even. 

good spot. have done just that! reckon at least 2 of them will come through, if not all three. now to just play the waiting game...

Just now, Jakkkkobz said:

An article posted here around Feb said she was getting over it with some help and looking forward to coming to the UK.

would be huge if they managed to get her, but i don't see it. not just yet, anyway. can't see past Phil Collins at the moment, for no reason other than the brief rumour that Glastonbury had bagged him for next year posted on here some time ago

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

would be huge if they managed to get her, but i don't see it. not just yet, anyway. can't see past Phil Collins at the moment, for no reason other than the brief rumour that Glastonbury had bagged him for next year posted on here some time ago

I would, and I have no shame in this, go nuts for a Phil Collins set.

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I normally wait for Neil to be more confident then this before putting on bets but I just can't see past radiohead, stone roses and Ed Sheeran. 

aye likewise. unless some other band comes out of the blue and reforms, they (along with Foos, i guess) seem like the most likely options by a long stretch imo

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

not a chance it's gonna be GnR - they're just looking for some easy money with that one. Download, R/L and IOW will be throwing money their way i bet

13 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Only just clocked we have rumours on the 2017 page. 

As said above though, I can't see past the ones rumoured currently. Only thing that throws me off Foo Fighters is this 'indefinite hiatus', which is a shame because Russy would really like to see them. :ph34r:

yeah i thought Foos were nailed on for 2017 but them coming back with a new album/tour seems far too premature after making such a hubub about their hiatus

1 minute ago, ohvienna said:

Genuine question as I don't follow him at all, is Ed Sheeran really big enough to headline?

sold out Wembley three times over, which for a guy and a guitar, is pretty damn impressive. i'm not a fan but, imo, after Adele he's the next biggest solo artist and UK export that we have, and with a new album he'll be cemented as a festival headliner. Glastonbury getting him first would be a huge deal, and judging by interviews, it's something he's very much interested in

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

sold out Wembley three times over, which for a guy and a guitar, is pretty damn impressive. i'm not a fan but, imo, after Adele he's the next biggest solo artist and UK export that we have, and with a new album he'll be cemented as a festival headliner. Glastonbury getting him first would be a huge deal, and judging by interviews, it's something he's very much interested in

Thanks, I had no idea. That is pretty impressive!