swede

Headliner predictions 2017

12 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I have to say having gone through some of the reactions on twitter to the announcement I was quite surprised by the level of dislike towards him. I thought the twittersphere would be lapping it up for the most part but it genuinely was fairly evenly split. 

I know this is a completely un-scientific measurement but it's made me feel slightly better about the resale so il take it. What with his fanbase swayed towards teenage girls, maybe the huge upsurge in demand for resale tickets that I was expecting won't be as bad as first feared. School still happens right?

and old mums, nuns and squares?

Edited by plaskins

Loads of posts on FB saying things like "How do I get a glastonbury ticket?" From Ed fans who obviously don't have a clue its sold out.

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Loads of posts on FB saying things like "How do I get a glastonbury ticket?" From Ed fans who obviously don't have a clue its sold out.

Ha! The twats!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Seeing one of the top 5 Glastonbury gigs of all time no less!

Go on then what are the other 4? 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Go on then what are the other 4? 

leonard cohen 2008

portishead 2013

bowie 2000

the corrs 1999

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

leonard cohen 2008

portishead 2013

bowie 2000

the corrs 1999

Eh? I would so love for this to be true.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I saw one guy tag his misses and she's said I don't do camping. He said "don't worry love I think that there's a hotel there" :lol:

4 minutes ago, BenLFC said:

I saw one guy tag his misses and she's said I don't do camping. He said "don't worry love I think that there's a hotel there" :lol:

"Hi, is that the Beat Hotel?  I'd like to book a double room for 3 nights.  No I'm not taking the piss. Oh. Oh right."

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

I'm really excited for one reason only - the very small  (teeny weeny) chance of T Swizzle turning up to play with him.

Absolutely no way I'm going to suffer a 90 minute Sheehan set on the possibility that Swift my grace is with a song or two. 

On 16/03/2017 at 5:01 PM, Browner's Right said:

Anyone know when the bookies usually pay out on headliner bets? Is it when they're announced or when they step on stage?!

Ladbrokes paid out for Radiohead pretty much straight away. 

After a few days refreshing my account, I just asked Betway and they said they'll pay on Ed when he steps on stage. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, hurdy said:

After a few days refreshing my account, I just asked Betway and they said they'll pay on Ed when he steps on stage. 

That's a bit sly, William Hill paid me on Saturday. Although that was shorter odds.

11 hours ago, hurdy said:

Quite cheeky of them...It will fund my last night of the festival at least

Probably trying to hold the money back because of the Dave Grohl incident in 2015 - I wonder if any bookies paid out on FF then?

Still seems unreasonable though. Checks the T&C as Scruff says :)

I'm still trying to get over the Sheeran bet, £200 down the swanny because it's Sunday not Saturday. Gutting 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Check the terms cos paddypower tried that with me with Metallica until I pointed out it said will pay once Glastonbury festival have officially confirmed. 

Nope, steadfastly refusing. Their stance is helped by the fact that they don't appear to have terms and conditions for special events and just hide behind "some bookies may settle early but at Betway we settle on the day of the event." 

I wouldn't care so much, but they only let me get £20 on at 1/2. Tsk.