Headliner predictions 2017

swede

I was thinking it was all a bit subdued too.  A mix of it being no real surprise and it  being a bit "meh", I reckon.

Decided to make a concerted effort to listen to him after the announcement, I'll not be making that mistake again.  Not that I think he's bad, it's just tedious (to my ears anyway).  Not sure how he's going to hold a stage that isn't fronted completely by mega fans but what do I know.  

Edit:  I know it's ridiculous that I'm saying the biggest selling male artist in the world is a bit "meh" but we are living in very strange times.  This is one of the less-dangerous examples of it.

Edited by mandolin

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Is it me, or is this place really quiet to say a headliner has been announced?

I'm really excited for one reason only - the very small  (teeny weeny) chance of T Swizzle turning up to play with him.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sometimes this place is the only time I understand the world.

One day the 6 o'clock news will quote this to illustrate what a sick individual you were before you did whatever it is you'll do to end up on the 6 o'clock news.

15 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

I'm really excited for one reason only - the very small  (teeny weeny) chance of T Swizzle turning up to play with him.

My feelings in the event of that unlikely occurrence could be expressed by Taylor's own lyrics;

"You were all I wanted, but not like this."

The man himself has started his tour this very night. Pretty rudimentary setlist of old singles, a cover and three-quarters of the new album, nothing to write home about whatsoever but will do very well on the Pyramid http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ed-sheeran/2017/pala-alpitour-turin-italy-7bf922a8.html

Just now, Bisque said:

How could I have left that off. This could potentially feature as many guests as Gorillaz. Or none at all.

I don't personally think Rudimental will be there, just because it will be too much shite to set up just for a guest appearance and the fact everyone would have forgotten about them by now! I reckon Stormzy is pretty likely and yeah maybe T-Swizzle as well actually, not sure about Pharrell. 

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I don't personally think Rudimental will be there, just because it will be too much shite to set up just for a guest appearance and the fact everyone would have forgotten about them by now! I reckon Stormzy is pretty likely and yeah maybe T-Swizzle as well actually, not sure about Pharrell. 

He brought out Elton at Wembley. I want that to happen just so we get endless rumours throughout the fallow year about how Reginald signed up to headline in 2019 whilst on the farm for Ed, and then having read said rumours he feels obliged to sign up to headline in 2019 even though he didn't want to.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

He brought out Elton at Wembley. I want that to happen just so we get endless rumours about how he signed up to headline in 2019 whilst on the farm and then having read said rumours feels obliged to sign up to headline in 2019 even though he didn't want to.

Think he's elsewhere that night fam.

But he might bring Jazzy Jeff out!

I have to say having gone through some of the reactions on twitter to the announcement I was quite surprised by the level of dislike towards him. I thought the twittersphere would be lapping it up for the most part but it genuinely was fairly evenly split. 

I know this is a completely un-scientific measurement but it's made me feel slightly better about the resale so il take it. What with his fanbase swayed towards teenage girls, maybe the huge upsurge in demand for resale tickets that I was expecting won't be as bad as first feared. School still happens right?

I would say: Most Ed Sheeran fans won't have a Glastonbury ticket (or one to his gigs by the sounds of it), the fans of Ed at Glasto probably don't have twitter, the efests lot knew ages ago, don't care & are in a minority & I reckon people going on a whim for resales for Ed will screw over people genuinely going for the full Glastonbury.

12 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I have to say having gone through some of the reactions on twitter to the announcement I was quite surprised by the level of dislike towards him. I thought the twittersphere would be lapping it up for the most part but it genuinely was fairly evenly split. 

I know this is a completely un-scientific measurement but it's made me feel slightly better about the resale so il take it. What with his fanbase swayed towards teenage girls, maybe the huge upsurge in demand for resale tickets that I was expecting won't be as bad as first feared. School still happens right?

and old mums, nuns and squares?

Edited by plaskins