Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I know we all like to joke about Slayer, but it's worth pointing out at least one of them is a right wing homophobe.

*sashays into the night to poop another party*

Fair but when you drop by the Hip Hop thread and post ATCQ's Georgie Porgie, I will pretend not to be home.

15 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Is this really a thing? I've worn this t-shirt to Flaming lips gigs on more than one occasion. I didn't realise I was being mocked mercilessly for it behind my back

18748891.jpg

"I am tired of people making jokes behind my back about my gig attire, the first such incident happened at the Flaming Lips in 2003.."

IMG_0710.PNG

I've never heard this about wearing a band's merch to their own gig until I read it on here not long back. I don't buy band merch anymore and the only band t-shirt I still own that fits me is a Strokes t-shirt, but when I was like 16 I regularly wore band merch to the same band's show, and shit loads of other people I saw at gigs did the same.

On the sports idea, I agree tbh. Especially grown ups buying shirts with players' names on the back - understandable when you're a kid and look up to these players. I own Doncaster Rovers shirts that I'll play football in or wear to the gym/out for a run, but I haven't worn one to a game for years. Just think it's a bad look for a grown person.

im-disappointed-but-were-still-t.jpg

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I've never heard this about wearing a band's merch to their own gig until I read it on here not long back. I don't buy band merch anymore and the only band t-shirt I still own that fits me is a Strokes t-shirt, but when I was like 16 I regularly wore band merch to the same band's show, and shit loads of other people I saw at gigs did the same.

On the sports idea, I agree tbh. Especially grown ups buying shirts with players' names on the back - understandable when you're a kid and look up to these players. I own Doncaster Rovers shirts that I'll play football in or wear to the gym/out for a run, but I haven't worn one to a game for years. Just think it's a bad look for a grown person.

im-disappointed-but-were-still-t.jpg

I wear a City top with Tevez on the back when I go running. The abuse rags give out as I run past them is pure gold :-D

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

Is this really a thing? I've worn this t-shirt to Flaming lips gigs on more than one occasion. I didn't realise I was being mocked mercilessly for it behind my back

18748891.jpg

Jack Kelly, I'm a lawyer 

10 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

What is the etiquette on buying a T-shirt at the gig and putting it on straight away, as I have seen many do this? And Glastonbury merchandise.....can that be worn at the festival. I feel I'm a nervous wreck with all this protocol.

I got a Glastonbury hoodie in 2015 and wore it all weekend, and throughout 2016.

it's its fine. Do whatever you want!

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"The only thing worse than wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt and people finding our that you aren't a fan is wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt and people finding out that you are" - Oscar Wilde.

He was a wise man

1 hour ago, slash's hat said:

What is the etiquette on buying a T-shirt at the gig and putting it on straight away, as I have seen many do this? And Glastonbury merchandise.....can that be worn at the festival. I feel I'm a nervous wreck with all this protocol.

Wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Nah. 

I caught the last song or 2 of Iron Maiden at Download a few years back (after watching a glorious set from The Hives*, a band who know how to dress) and they were all wearing different shirts available at the merch stall, and all made a point of toasting themselves with their own beer before playing the last song (they had their own bar there selling only their branded beer). It was one of the most depressing endorsements of a successful rock band that I've ever witnessed. 

*Roll on conversations about pants that were designed to amaze, not climb on stage.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What about wearing a band shirt at one stage while they're playing at a different one?

That's the dream.

How about wearing a festival t-shirt at a different festival, when they both take place on the same weekend?