Headliner predictions 2017

swede

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why does it seem odd?

They were supposedly offered the Other Stage headline last time but ended up on the Pyramid Stage and, as you say, it looks like they got shunted down for Weller. I dunno about promises but aye they wouldn't have been offered any worse than that I'm sure.

Because they last played the festival 18 months ago, haven't increased in popularity since and didn't leave anyone wanting more with their last go at it. They've played numerous festivals and toured as well in that time. There seems to be no hype at all for their new record.

I like the band, but I'm pretty surprised they are back in contention for a huge slot given those reasons. Give someone else a shot, because Alt-J really didn't make the most of it when they last had a crack.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Because they last played the festival 18 months ago, haven't increased in popularity since and didn't leave anyone wanting more with their last go at it. They've played numerous festivals and toured as well in that time. There seems to be no hype at all for their new record.

I like the band, but I'm pretty surprised they are back in contention for a huge slot given those reasons. Give someone else a shot, because Alt-J really didn't make the most of it when they last had a crack.

They don't need to have increased in popularity, they were big enough last time. They would have been subbing Pyramid if it weren't for Weller's late addition, a position which tends to go to larger acts than Other headliners. They also headlined Latitude and subbed R&L that year.

They're in as good a position as anyone to come back, and plenty do return after two years. Did you use 18 months to try and make your point sound more justified? It'll be 2 years by June and loads of acts return to festivals in high spots after 2 years.

Edit: And I think they're naff so there's no bias here.

Edited by Will-2609

Yea they're just a band that seem to be regularly booked for Glastonbury so with a new album it's a no-brainer, and the switch to Other Stage headline is sensible seeing as it's of a similar stature to their last one but at a different stage and time of day. When they announce something to do with their new album there'll be a bit of hype and renewed interest from punters in seeing them again.

31 minutes ago, Derbyphil said:

"With a replacement headliner not yet officially announced, Playboy reports that “inside sources” close to the band have suggested it could be the French dance duo. “An anonymous source working on Daft Punk’s production has confirmed to Playboy that the Robots are planning a major—and we do mean major—tour this spring. Coachella would be the perfect place to kick it off,” the report continues."

Seems legit.

2 minutes ago, willd255 said:

NME is claiming that betway are offering 10/1 on Ed Sheeran but can't seem to find a link to bet?

Might be NME talking rubbish but if it isn't...

http://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-2017-final-headliner-bookies-odds-green-day-ed-sheeran-1998437

Lady Gaga at 100 to 1? If Ed has to pull out, she could step in!

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Was in the middle of registering account and the odds went :(

3 minutes ago, Splonk said:

I've been checking Betway "Specials' all afternoon looking for Glastonbury odds...there was nothing there.

They've put this up because there are lots of people on Twatter asking them where the odds are.

Loadabollox.

Odds were definitely there for a few mins anyway