Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, just reviewed the Ninja story.... I think it's twixes

. i allowed myself one small rucksack for the entire festival, anything more cumbersome would impede my stealth. i managed two t shirts, one extra pair of jeans, a jumper, socks, boxers and 4 plastic bags i would wear over my socks once the festival got muddy (ninjas don't do wellies). i packed a bottle of water and four twixes for nourishment

*Raises hand to ask headliner-related question*

Is there any consensus over who's going up against the Foos? I've seen them a million times and originally wasn't bothered about seeing them on the Pyramid, but those blighters have got me really excited about seeing them again with all this airline malarkey!

5 minutes ago, alibear said:

Is there any consensus over who's going up against the Foos? I've seen them a million times and originally wasn't bothered about seeing them on the Pyramid, but those blighters have got me really excited about seeing them again with all this airline malarkey!

The Jacksons at west holts.

It looks like it might be grime on Other Stage - that's what info that's come my way says, tho plenty here doubt it thinking the act(s) too small. I'm less sure of those doubts, because the Other headliners don't tend to be as big as the 2nd stage headliners often are at other fests.

8 minutes ago, alibear said:

The only act that at this point seems pretty likely to be up against the Foos are the Jacksons over on West Holts. Neil got some info regarding them headlining with three other fairly big acts under them (Solange, The Avalaches, Toots & the Maytals).

Other than them its all pretty much up for grabs. Alt-J's name keeps getting banded around for Other stage Headliner for the Saturday (as they can only do that day) and I think there was a bit of info a while back that they might be playing.

Edit: Beaten to it

Edited by mjsell

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

It looks like it might be grime on Other Stage - that's what info that's come my way says, tho plenty here doubt it thinking the act(s) too small. I'm less sure of those doubts, because the Other headliners don't tend to be as big as the 2nd stage headliners often are at other fests.

What does this mean for Alt-J then? Subbing Foos? or just not there?

I'm hoping the latter.

25 minutes ago, mjsell said:

What does this mean for Alt-J then? Subbing Foos? or just not there?

I'm hoping the latter.

Subbing Foos has never been in the offing.

The info Lawn got was that alt-J are headlining the Other. Given this is thru people he trusts, and I'd say after a few years and thousands of posts we can trust Lawn, it seems a pretty safe bet imo.

Another thing is that when Lawn probed to see who else is on the bill, the only name the alt-J guy knew was Foo Fighters and now Foos have landed on Saturday - which we've ascertained is the only day alt-J can play - it seems like the reason the guy knew was bc they're up against them.

Going back and forth from Germany within the three days is odd but acts have done it before so it's possible.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, The Placid Casual said:

I'll put you out of your misery

http://primarytalent.com/alt-j/

Now please give this, 'can't Alt-J play another day?' thing a rest

Well someone only had to post thing, I'm not going to go onto a random Primary Talent website that I barely know about.

If I knew about this then I wouldn't about it so stop with your attitude and shut your mouth!

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Given this is thru people he trusts, and I'd say after a few years and thousands of posts we can trust Lawn, it seems a pretty safe bet imo.

If you want to rule out the possibility of me having made this account and made all these posts as a long-con to one day wind a handful of people up about Alt-J then that's your risk to take.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Jake Bugg tho?

21 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If you want to rule out the possibility of me having made this account and made all these posts as a long-con to one day wind a handful of people up about Alt-J then that's your risk to take.

Seems more likely now you mention it.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Since booking Alt-J to headline the Other stage seems like an odd decision (IMO at least), I wonder if the were promised that slot after they seemingly got bumped down last time by Weller?

Why does it seem odd?

They were supposedly offered the Other Stage headline last time but ended up on the Pyramid Stage and, as you say, it looks like they got shunted down for Weller. I dunno about promises but aye they wouldn't have been offered any worse than that I'm sure.

42 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This would be amazing, not only would it show unprecedented commitment to the gag but would also mean Alt-J weren't playing