Headliner predictions 2017

swede

I had planned to see James but the delay of the other stage opening ruined my whole plan of seeing most of them. Seen Michael open the stage and then the first two songs and went to see Beans on Toast down at Greenpeace. Lesson learned though- very difficult to try and plan out your day. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Untz said:

Because night time fun is better than whatever shite is on first, usually.

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because there is plenty to do on the Thursday night.

Worked for me. My plan was to get down to t'Other as James started. My timing was wildly off and I arrived just as James started. 

Excess new songs aside, I enjoyed them very much.

I'll need to remember that this year I'm only allowed to have fun at either night time or day time. Never both. 

Im never really a fan of the other stage opener , perhaps because its often billed a special guest , so people seem to just drift in to see who it is and then drift off to start their plans for the festival , maybe I've just not got in close enough with the die hards , but this year did seem more of a let down because of the delays , having said that I admire any act that performs that slot , Elbow give nothing away on the one show !!

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

The hour delay did James no favours as it killed what little atmosphere there was stone dead. 

Very true, imagine the stage organisers surprise when 5 minutes before opening the biggest festival in the world they realised it had rained a bit and it was a bit damp under foot

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In Gazza's defence, having to preface every single post with "I think.." or "It is my opinion that...." would grow old pretty soon.

"It's my opinion" and "tastes are subjective" are pretty boring too tho. And a bit hypocritical to hide behind that if yer actively quoting and disagreeing with others'.

39 minutes ago, Woffy said:

What have I told you about thwacking people's morning stiffies with a damp Depeche Mode towel, Easty? Quit it! Sit Down!

Yeah if they actually played Sit Down, not playing it after being on easily 30 mins later than scheduled was a bit bad....and yes I know weather played a part but even so.

I thought James were excellent, they didn't play sit down and didn't expect them to either. Great set to get the weekend going for us.