Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a pain, but with the news of the tour dates not necessarily backing up the claims Gaga will be there, can someone remind me why it was thought she would be there in the first place? Was it a reputable source?

Perhaps @eFestivals can remind me/us (sorry Neil, but easier to ask than to trawl through the entire thread, and I want to figure out whether to keep the faith she'll play!) Ta. 

13 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Sorry to be a pain, but with the news of the tour dates not necessarily backing up the claims Gaga will be there, can someone remind me why it was thought she would be there in the first place? Was it a reputable source?

Perhaps @eFestivals can remind me/us (sorry Neil, but easier to ask than to trawl through the entire thread, and I want to figure out whether to keep the faith she'll play!) Ta.

IIRC she brought up the likelihood of playing in an interview. Then Neil had info suggesting she was playing but not headlining.

1 hour ago, king_oxymoron said:

there was a piece in one of the tabloids where they interviewed her, that said something like "we asked her if she was playing glasto but all we got back was a smile" (as well as saying "but probably not headlining" or similar)

Having done a bit of asking around including of someone who knows the guy who did the interview, it seems very likely the interviewer was given the word off-the-record and used that wording to slip-in what he knew.

It's a bit of leap, but it'll probably hold up.

3 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Lady Gaga has played before though, (on the other stage unless I imagined it) hasn't she ? Some of this thread reads like it would be a glastonbury coup for her to play, unless I'm mis-reading ?

It would be a coup to get her to play and not headline. She just played the most watched annual music event in the world - and yes despite her stock having fallen over the last couple of years to get someone like that as a sub is top notch (except for the poor sod that has to follow her imo)

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

but no one was. It was those cone-shaped tits that did it.

The shit music always rises to the top.

That'll explain Stone Roses enduring popularity then.

I jest I jest.  It is just live they are shite.

again I jest.

but not really.  Terrible.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I think the original was in The Star.

yep, it was ... here you go.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/548961/Wired-Gaga-Glastonbury-lineup-mystery

I know it mentions daft punk there too, but its reference for each are different things. The Gaga thing comes direct from an interview the writer did with her a few weeks earlier.

3 minutes ago, Cian T said:

Gaga has an interview with Zane Lowe on Beats1 right now, doubt they'll even mention Glastonbury, but worth taking a listen! Would love her to play!

He definitely always used to try and get it out of people when they were on his show (shouting ARE YOU PLAYING GLASTONBURY at Florence) but now that he's stateside I'm not sure.

20 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Does your dislike stretch beyond the Beyoncé incident? :P

I actually had to google it because I forgot what the Beyonce incident was (presuming you're talking about him acting like a 14 year old "I'm so much deeper than everybody else" emo after the Glastonbury show). That is just one extremely minor example of what an artless ballsack he is.

On 2/6/2017 at 8:08 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Neil did say he had heard Robbie Williams rumours. Could he sub the Sheeranator?

As I've already said, I have a bit of difficulty seeing him perform before any of this years (supposed) headliners, and I can't see him playing lower - so I'd just about dismissed it.

But it's just occurred to me: could he be the Other Stage opening act? That'd work, I reckon.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As I've already said, I have a bit of difficulty seeing him perform before any of this years (supposed) headliners, and I can't see him playing lower - so I'd just about dismissed it.

But it's just occurred to me: could he be the Other Stage opening act? That'd work, I reckon.

Could also be after the legend and before the sub on Sunday?