Headliner predictions 2017

swede

Given the untamable nature of sods law I fully expect Fridays other headliners to be Justice, Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys and Levellers. I'll just be sat somewhere on the railway line crying and rocking because my decision making process has malfunctioned.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Given the untamable nature of sods law I fully expect Fridays other headliners to be Justice, Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys and Levellers. I'll just be sat somewhere on the railway line crying and rocking because my decision making process has malfunctioned.

Don't say it.... don't even think it. Everything is gonna be alright! 

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

Did you not read what I said? I'll try again.

Just by saying to his fans that they should use Twickets because it's the right thing to do (which I agree with) isn't going to actually affect the touts from selling them on second hand sites. Asking people to do that nicely isn't just going to make every tout go "oh fuck, actually, Ed's right!"

I'm glad they realise this is a problem but asking people nicely to use Twickets instead of actually putting some of that £70 a head to good use by implementing anti-tout measures is going to achieve sweet fuck all.

As per Ticketmaster:
"U14s must be accompanied by 18+. The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. The lead booker will be asked to present photo ID to gain entry into the venue. Where the lead booker is purchasing more than their own ticket, each guest in the party must arrive with the lead booker at the venue on the night of the show. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customers' order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule. Tickets are for personal use only, and are not to be traded for profit. Anyone attempting to do so will have their tickets cancelled immediately and will be denied access to the event. Once tickets are purchased we are unable to cancel or exchange them. If you're no longer able to attend the event, you may only resell your tickets via authorised face value resellers for no more than the price originally paid."

Edited by ghostdancer1

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm definitely most fearful of Justice headlining WH on the Friday. Follows the Hot Chip/Underworld pattern (#thereisnopattern) aside from that I'm expecting to have more undercard clashes than headliner clashes - hopefully.

At the moment that does look like the one most likely to piss on my cornflakes

16 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm definitely most fearful of Justice headlining WH on the Friday. Follows the Hot Chip/Underworld pattern (#thereisnopattern) aside from that I'm expecting to have more undercard clashes than headliner clashes - hopefully.

Extremely unlikely, but I'm more nervous of a Bonobo (WH) vs. Radiohead (Py) Friday night as I genuinely don't know what I would do. Migration is currently on continuous play at Ben Towers®...

:o

Ben

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Extremely unlikely, but I'm more nervous of a Bonobo (WH) vs. Radiohead (Py) Friday night as I genuinely don't know what I would do. Migration is currently on continuous play at Ben Towers®...

:o

Ben

I'm not into him but do you think he'd be placed that highly? Not sure where he played last time right enough so I may be underestimating 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm not into him but do you think he'd be placed that highly? Not sure where he played last time right enough so I may be underestimating 

No, I think I'm probably overplacing him. It's just that he is playing, he is a must-see, and he could clash with RH! 

(and I'd love him on WH's incredible sound system!)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

As per Ticketmaster:
"U14s must be accompanied by 18+. The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. The lead booker will be asked to present photo ID to gain entry into the venue. Where the lead booker is purchasing more than their own ticket, each guest in the party must arrive with the lead booker at the venue on the night of the show. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customers' order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule. Tickets are for personal use only, and are not to be traded for profit. Anyone attempting to do so will have their tickets cancelled immediately and will be denied access to the event. Once tickets are purchased we are unable to cancel or exchange them. If you're no longer able to attend the event, you may only resell your tickets via authorised face value resellers for no more than the price originally paid."

So how will selling them on Twickets work then? 

9 hours ago, mjsell said:

DICE is absolutely fantastic, couldnt recommend it enough. No booking fees, no postage of tickets - just show your phone on arrival (and they scan a barcode).

Must be helping those smaller artists as well I imagine, I've certainly seen far more acts whose tickets are only 5/10/15 pound in the last year.

Plus they have the waiting list element as well, for when any tickets are returned.

+1 for DICE, got a ticket to sundara karma through the waiting list the other week

I've been the same with tickets around that price range as well, the simplicity of it (plus no additional fees) just makes it more likely for me buy a ticket.

10 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ive already woken up in the middle of the night dreading a Radiohead v Justice clash. Im hopefully seeing Justice later in the year anyway but that wouldn't make it any easier.

No clash, no matter how agonising, would tear me away from Radiohead on the Pyramid. It's not ever happening again, is it? It's a last hurrah. They may have the will for another couple of albums/tours in them but we're not likely to see them there again. Clashes would suck, but it's clear to me where I should and will be :)

10 minutes ago, liamium said:

No clash, no matter how agonising, would tear me away from Radiohead on the Pyramid. It's not ever happening again, is it? It's a last hurrah. They may have the will for another couple of albums/tours in them but we're not likely to see them there again. Clashes would suck, but it's clear to me where I should and will be :)

Absolutely. I decided not to see them in 97 and regretted it immediately.  I couldn't go in 03 or in 11, so have been desperate to see them for 20 years.  Luckily everyone else who could challenge them is dead, so the decision is made!

9 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And then no headliners you want to see  on Sunday.

I'd read slightly less than fuck all into that statement. I remember 2010 when cos it was the 40th anniversary, nearly every act on the main two stages were going to be "headline-worthy." All sorts of rumours like coldplay opening the stage started.

What happened? A pretty standard Glastonbury line up. Not that that's a bad thing, but it wasn't the super duper all star banging never to be beaten line up that was hinted at.

But we got sun, so maybe the hyperbole brought about by the fallow year will bring some sun again. 

Thanks for writing that Scruff.  That's almost exactly what I wanted to post last night, but couldn't be bothered. In 2010 I had dreams of Radiohead playing The Park from what was said.  That was obviously bonkers!*  I think in the end Emily admitted that despite their aspirations of doing something really different and having past headliners from the last 40 years playing, they still had all the usual constraint - I.e. the same budget, same pool of available artists and health and safety concerns that would come from putting Coldplay on in Bourbon Street at 11:00.  

*The fact that Radiohead actually did play The Park in 2011 only goes to prove that there was nothing that unusual about the 2010 line-up, enjoyable though it was.