Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, siweltrebor said:

Well Shape of You was written by Ed for Rihanna and then he kept it for himself and this album.

Mumfords third album completely killed what made them remotely unique and interesting in the mainstream, ditching instruments and just becoming a generic band fit for the stadium tours.

Mumford have three albums?

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Beyonce, ye?

Watched her set on TV when she last headlined and it was good, but I don't rate her more recent stuff. Beyonce should stick to Single Ladies etc. I find it all very false when she tries to be edgy and political.

However, there's many that do like her and at least she'd be more of a surprise than the Foos.

On 19/01/2017 at 8:30 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Watched her set on TV when she last headlined and it was good, but I don't rate her more recent stuff. Beyonce should stick to Single Ladies etc. I find it all very false when she tries to be edgy and political.

Are you Piers Morgan?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3557867/PIERS-MORGAN-Jay-Z-s-not-one-needs-nervous-Beyonce-born-black-woman-political-mission.html

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"But I have to be honest, I preferred the old Beyoncé.

The less inflammatory, agitating one."

That's it my dear, you just go back to singing nice pop songs while the men deal with that "nasty" political stuff.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

More anti feminist shite. "Rabid feminists" "what if there was a men's march" blah blah fuck off. 

I've just seen the tweet by accident. Does he really not know how comically sad it makes him look when he says he feels "emasculation of his gender"? He's just openly admitting that he's a talentless hack who can only make a living in an unbalanced world. Surprised he actually used that phrasing, it makes him look really weak and pathetic, how doesn't he see that?

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've just seen the tweet by accident. Does he really not know how comically sad it makes him look when he says he feels "emasculation of his gender"? He's just openly admitting that he's a talentless hack who can only make a living in an unbalanced world. Surprised he actually used that phrasing, it makes him look really weak and pathetic, how doesn't he see that?

Not only that but there were tons of men on the march, just men who approve of equality and, you know, human rights. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not only that but there were tons of men on the march, just men who approve of equality and, you know, human rights. 

And if he did hold a men's march for actual valid issues that need marching for; mental health and suicide issues for example, a load of women would be on that march as well - probably a lot of the same ones on women's marches.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

And if he did hold a men's march for actual valid issues that need marching for; mental health and suicide issues for example, a load of women would be on that march as well - probably a lot of the same ones on women's marches.

Yeah, precisely that. He's trying to create divisions where they don't exist, for self-promotion I guess.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, precisely that. He's trying to create divisions where they don't exist, for self-promotion I guess.

This is what doesn't make sense to me though. As far as I can see, there are two different types of misogynists; there's the men who actually have power and genuinely believe women are inferior, they'd be the ones who just ignore such marches and don't take this sort of thing seriously. Then there's the ones who are actually threatened by feminism, that's who he seems to be trying to appeal to here; they're the sad lonely losers who can only hang onto their gender as a marker of their self-worth. Why would he want to court that type of audience or associate himself with them? Surely a mass audience sees that sort of thing and thinks of it as creepy and petty. It makes no sense for him as a big media personality to go for that crowd, so he must genuinely hold those views, which is really really tragic if he as a highly paid and well known broadcaster genuinely does feel that much inadequacy.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This is what doesn't make sense to me though. As far as I can see, there are two different types of misogynists; there's the men who actually have power and genuinely believe women are inferior, they'd be the ones who just ignore such marches and don't take this sort of thing seriously. Then there's the ones who are actually threatened by feminism, that's who he seems to be trying to appeal to here; they're the sad lonely losers who can only hang onto their gender as a marker of their self-worth. Why would he want to court that type of audience or associate himself with them? Surely a mass audience sees that sort of thing and thinks of it as creepy and petty. It makes no sense for him as a big media personality to go for that crowd, so he must genuinely hold those views, which is really really tragic if he as a highly paid and well known broadcaster genuinely does feel that much inadequacy.

I don't know what his true views are, but he makes his money from being an antagonist. If there's a contentious opinion to be spouted, he'll do it. I mean, we're all discussing him here. 

That said, I've no reason to suspect he isn't a massive c**t.

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I don't know what his true views are, but he makes his money from being an antagonist. If there's a contentious opinion to be spouted, he'll do it. I mean, we're all discussing him here. 

That said, I've no reason to suspect he isn't a massive c**t.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

He's a bit like the male Katie Hopkins, isn't he? Paid to be vile/offensive/"shocking".

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He's a bit like the male Katie Hopkins, isn't he? Paid to be vile/offensive/"shocking".

I was thinking of Katie Hopkins actually; both of them must have something about them, some sort of emotional imbalance that let's them live that life of knowingly and purposefully choosing to be a person that people hate. Piers isn't like her as much though, he sees himself as a sort of antihero, when all is said and done he reckons he's a man of the people and is saying what's secretly on people's minds. Kate Hopkins knows full well that everybody's going to hate her, and that's her intent behind it all, to offend everybody. ITV are fucking evil, essentially exploiting a mentally ill woman (albeit not a pleasant one) and intentionally broadcasting shocking viewpoints that exist to cause offence.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I was thinking of Katie Hopkins actually; both of them must have something about them, some sort of emotional imbalance that let's them live that life of knowingly and purposefully choosing to be a person that people hate. Piers isn't like her as much though, he sees himself as a sort of antihero, when all is said and done he reckons he's a man of the people and is saying what's secretly on people's minds. Kate Hopkins knows full well that everybody's going to hate her, and that's her intent behind it all, to offend everybody. ITV are fucking evil, essentially exploiting a mentally ill woman (albeit not a pleasant one) and intentionally broadcasting shocking viewpoints that exist to cause offence.

Yeah, reckon you're probably right there. I do think it's pretty exploitative in her case. 

18 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

So do we think Kate Hopkins is headlining now then? I don't think she has a very wide appeal personally. 

Wouldn't be as ridiculous as Donald Trump becoming leader of the free world whilst major British news hacks cheer him on tbh. 

Edited by Zac Quinn