Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not buying into this theory that headliners all get a say in their sub. Yes there has been the odd exception, Stones given the occasion hat it was. Radiohead and Coldplay may have had influence as friends of the festival.  The Who and Weller were doing a number of dates together, and were obviously a late pick so wouldn't be surprised if it came up in negotiations. But I doubt Foos picked FATM as their sub in 2015, so I have no idea why they'd have influence now. It's not as if they're out on the road with Kaiser Chiefs at the moment or anything, plus Dave Grohl being the hugely popular, nice guy of music that he is (aids denial aside) means there's a heap of other bands he potentially has links with that could be rumoured as a result.

Hopefully this will be one of those moments we'll look back on hilariously as the time we thought Ricky and the Boyz were going to sub the pyramid in 2017.

Courteeners are going to do it, obviously.

I'd hope it wasn't Kaiser Chiefs although i wouldn't be surprised. Come to think of it the only connection I've ever had with them is getting blocked on twitter by Vicky Pattison cos I called them shit and she is mates with Ricky whats his face. Not that I was arsed she was only on there to appease the Mrs and her celeb fascination. Plus I was right Kaiser Chiefs are shit.

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Foos > Royal Blood > Kaiser Chiefs would certainly make much more sense. 

i'd take that, but it would be loo beer break during Kaisers... like them years ago but they have been touring the same sh*t since 2011 losing weight Ricky does not distract from the set being the same

3 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

U2 and the Killers form a super group head line Saturday and The Gorillas Sunday

(this is the nightmare I had last night about headliners)

shudder

I had a dream where when Ed Sheeran went off for his encore, Thom Yorke rushed the stage and played Idioteque on a harpsichord the other night.

I also had a dream that night that I accidentally blew up Michael Atherton's house, so whatever I was drinking before I went to bed was definitely stronger than normal.

2 minutes ago, play it cool said:

Similar reasons to why there's three pages devoted to the sound quality of a 2012 Blur gig in the Foo Fighters thread?

how was teh sound quality again?

21 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

I had a dream where when Ed Sheeran went off for his encore, Thom Yorke rushed the stage and played Idioteque on a harpsichord the other night.

I also had a dream that night that I accidentally blew up Michael Atherton's house, so whatever I was drinking before I went to bed was definitely stronger than normal.

TOO MUCH CHEEESE

I think the whole thread went to shit when all three headliners were all but nailed on (allegedly) 9 months away from the festival.

Blur sound quality and yer hipping and hopping aside, that's why we've got 250+ pages covering Radiohead setlists and why people tend not to be huge fans of E-Shizzle and Sprinty Dave.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

I think the whole thread went to shit when all three headliners were all but nailed on (allegedly) 9 months away from the festival.

Blur sound quality and yer hipping and hopping aside, that's why we've got 250+ pages covering Radiohead setlists and why people tend not to be huge fans of E-Shizzle and Sprinty Dave.

What we really needed was the Radiohead info to be kept secret till the last minute, Stones-esque.

There would have been an eFests meltdown like never seen before. This thread would already be 1000+ pages

9 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

What we really needed was the Radiohead info to be kept secret till the last minute, Stones-esque.

There would have been an eFests meltdown like never seen before. This thread would already be 1000+ pages

Although that would have been exciting, I feel like the Radiohead roller coaster from last year was quite enough.

35 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

You're a monster.