Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, morph100 said:

Guessing T Swizzle is too big to sub Ed? And then guest slot with him?

No. It makes perfect sense. The organisers are only too aware how the headline " Taylor Swift to headline Glastonbury" would play. it would be another ridiculous Jay Z moment with absolute outrage from many. Putting her on before the one British artist she is most associated with would surely be far more acceptable. From her point of view, it might also be more acceptable. If the crowd reaction isn't great, she dusts herself down and moves on. If its an overwhelming success, she gets a headline slot in the future. Sheeran's set is likely to be hugely popular right across the age range - she comes on and does Lego House and Everything Has Changed and bingo - a real Glastonbury moment right there.

1 hour ago, Martin Ashford said:

No. It makes perfect sense. The organisers are only too aware how the headline " Taylor Swift to headline Glastonbury" would play. it would be another ridiculous Jay Z moment with absolute outrage from many. Putting her on before the one British artist she is most associated with would surely be far more acceptable. From her point of view, it might also be more acceptable. If the crowd reaction isn't great, she dusts herself down and moves on. If its an overwhelming success, she gets a headline slot in the future. Sheeran's set is likely to be hugely popular right across the age range - she comes on and does Lego House and Everything Has Changed and bingo - a real Glastonbury moment right there.

The moment you said it would be another Jay Z moment it was time to switch off.

13 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

The lyrics are literally 

I'm in love with your body
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
Oh I oh I oh I oh I

Obviously its an industry wide probably, clearly, but given he's a huge name in the industry, its 2017, AND his audience is predominantly younger women, I think he should take a bit of responsibility and cut shit like that out. 

That second verse needs work

18 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

The lyrics are literally 

Oh I oh I oh I oh I
Oh I oh I oh I oh I
Oh I oh I oh I oh I

Obviously its an industry wide probably, clearly, but given he's a huge name in the industry, its 2017, AND his audience is predominantly younger women, I think he should take a bit of responsibility and cut shit like that out. 

It's a naff song totally out sync with his style generally, he should've just put out Castle On The Hill (as, I'd hazard a guess, was the original plan, if it's true that he only came up with Shape Of You 'by accident' ten days ago)

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, sunnydaysblue said:

I don't know - he just sounds super confident how he approaches the girl in the lyrics. He seems shy as hell

Even though he is ginger, I don't think international pop star Edward Sheeran does have much trouble finding a woman who's interested in him. I don't know why, but I just think there must be some women somewhere who like him...

IMG_2369