Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Sun said Ed ages ago, it'll be that, while confirming him as a 'global superstar'. Fucking rag.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2407561/ed-sheeran-to-headline-glastonbury-next-year-after-one-year-hiatus/

edit: Oh hang on it does actually say Foo Fighters for Sunday. But it reaffirms Ed is playing as the main story.

Edited by dentalplan

Copied and paste to avoid giving the bastards hits;

I can reveal Ed, who is on the verge of ending his one year hiatus, will top the Worthy Farm bill alongside RADIOHEAD and FOO FIGHTERS, who’ll headline on Friday and Sunday night, after being wooed by festival bosses MICHAEL EAVIS and daughter EMILY who were desperate for him to perform.

A source said: “Michael is delighted to get Ed signed up.

“It’s going to be a huge moment for the festival having him up there marking his comeback in front of a giant crowd.

“Ed’s always said headlining Glastonbury has been a big ambition of his.

“Topping his three sold-out Wembley Stadium shows last year will be tough, but this is as big as it gets.”

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

On 14/12/2016 at 2:24 PM, russycarps said:

I'm pretty sure brian may has (quite rightly) called michael eavis a complete c**t in the past over ME's bloodthirsty support of the barbaric and scientifically-discredited badger cull. 

Seems unlikely he'd do glastonbury the huge favour of taking his band there and rescuing it from terrible bookings like ed sheeran/foo fighters etc

Badger cull completely past me by. When did they play?

58 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Looks like I will be no where near the Pyramid again this year. Oh well, Pet Shop Boys, Prodigy and Hacienda Classical will have to do.

Where has this Prodigy rumour come from? I mean I did see someone predict Prodigy a few pages back but can't seem to find anything else on this.

I hate how they even try and take credit for Radiohead as though they're breaking that news too. Ugh that scum drive me up the wall.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Looks like I will be no where near the Pyramid again this year. Oh well, Pet Shop Boys, Prodigy and Hacienda Classical will have to do.

Don't you mean PSB 

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

That seals it then. Don't mind Foo Fighters meat and potatoes rock so that's a potential Sunday option, but I can't see myself watching Ed. I don't think he has the songs or the charisma to carry off the Saturday night slot like Adele did.

I think you might be surprised, remember walking back to the Pyramid field in 2014 after getting some food, and Ed had the all field right to the back bouncing around. Not my cup of tea at all but was surprised how much he got the crowd going.

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

I hate how they even try and take credit for Radiohead as though they're breaking that news too. Ugh that scum drive me up the wall.

Don't you mean PSB 

I did not want people to get confused between one of Britains greatest ever electro pop bands and the Japanese neo punk/goth/thrash metal teenagers 'Pussy Sookin Bitchez'