Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote from Taylor Hawkins (foo fighters drummer)

Asked if he knew anything about plans to play Glastonbury next year, drummer Taylor Hawkins told NME: “Not yet man but I’m always the last to know. I have a big mouth so they don’t tell me anything. That’s a rule in Foo Fighters; ‘don’t tell Taylor, he’ll tell everybody’.”
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/foo-fighters-respond-glastonbury-2017-headline-rumours-1873971#8hHedVClzOld1eeS.99

not sure if this adds or takes away any weight

On 11/26/2016 at 9:37 PM, Hugh Jass said:

The list is easy:

1. First three albums

2. The others except the Second Law

3. Pablo Honey

4. The Second Law

I've always preferred Muse when they're at their barmiest so to me the 2nd law is pretty underrated while Black Holes and Revelations is a bit overrated

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does the news of Rod at IOW make either Roses act (Axl and the lads or Ian and the Lads) more likely for Glastonbury?

i think it's more likely that Axl and the lads are either doing their own shows or a tiny chance that they're doing Reading/Leeds instead (although probably not) and that Ian and the lads are either doing their own shows also or back to nothing at all. i guess it's not out of the question that one of the two could be IOW's final headliner as i can't imagine Rod or Arcade Fire were BIG bucks headliners, although i'm very much expecting some awful co-headliner combination

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i think it's more likely that Axl and the lads are either doing their own shows or a tiny chance that they're doing Reading/Leeds instead (although probably not) and that Ian and the lads are either doing their own shows also or back to nothing at all. i guess it's not out of the question that one of the two could be IOW's final headliner as i can't imagine Rod or Arcade Fire were BIG bucks headliners, although i'm very much expecting some awful co-headliner combination

The (Manchester) Roses are already doing their own shows though. Maybe their sales have dried up to the extent their promoters don't think they could manage a festival and a stadium run in the same summer next year. Idk.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This feel like the final year of IOW maybe and they've just got together what they could to put on one last event. It wasn't looking like going ahead this year at one point. I thing The Prodigy again on the Friday would be a good move for them as lost as both Glasto and V don't have them. 

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The (Manchester) Roses are already doing their own shows though. Maybe their sales have dried up to the extent their promoters don't think they could manage a festival and a stadium run in the same summer next year. Idk.

I don't think they'd benefit from doing IOW again personally, I think if you wanted to see them there you probably have or in the UK already and it's not got the same lure to go over there again. 

I honestly think Glasto was the one ideal place for them this year, but I'd be very surprised to see that happen at all now unless a new album does massively well and they did Manc gigs again in 19.

Edited by thewayiam

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Like all reforms they'll be chasing the money - which isn't at Glasto. I'm expecting Wembley shows.

Not as much as you may think I believe. They're having issues selling out shows due to the band choosing a lot of the cities. Some of the American cities (Kansas, Landover, Arlington etc) aren't your standard big band guaranteed sell out type of places. But the band wanted to play there. And they're in South America at the moment which isn't selling out. 

They're big Anglophiles, bigger Stones fans and savvy enough to know what a Glasto show would bring them. 

Still don't think they'd play though.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure when the footie is done with, but the dates will be tighter towards that than the end of July.

Well football in England will be finished on 27th May I believe being The Fa Cup. It obviously won't be the end of June as that is Adele stint and I'd be shocked if it was the weekend as Glasto is on regardless of the fact they'd sell it. I'd even question whether to go and put my Glasto ticket back in the pot. Do June 9th, 16th weekends or 7th July?, maybe the Wembley date from those others won't be majorly far off.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well football in England will be finished on 27th May I believe being The Fa Cup. It obviously won't be the end of June as that is Adele stint and I'd be shocked if it was the weekend as Glasto is on regardless of the fact they'd sell it. I'd even question whether to go and put my Glasto ticket back in the pot. Do June 9th, 16th weekends or 7th July?, maybe the Wembley date from those others won't be majorly far off.

The other Roses play Wembley on 16th June

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The other Roses play Wembley on 16th June

17th but I got what you mean.

6 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Adele is going to play 4 dates - I imagine with the stage in the middle of arena thing too will need fair bit of prepping before and after so end of June/Early July probs out

7the July in those dates or those two 1st weekend of June is all that's free really unless they are doing the London stadium.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

17th but I got what you mean.

7the July in those dates or those two 1st weekend of June is all that's free really unless they are doing the London stadium.

My mate still reckons that Guns n' Roses are going to be playing the London Stadium. Like me, he's not really a fan either so he didn't really know much more than what he was told by his management.

42 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Play offs until the 29th. 

ELO have also got a Wembley date at the end of June 

7 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

My mate still reckons that Guns n' Roses are going to be playing the London Stadium. Like me, he's not really a fan either so he didn't really know much more than what he was told by his management.

I have a feeling they will too. I don't think they'll do England early enough in the euro schedule for it to be then.

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Play offs until the 29th. 

ELO have also got a Wembley date at the end of June 

That would free up 1st weekend in June though.

Indeed they have but I discounted that weekend anyway.