Headliner predictions 2017

swede

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Defo Stayin Alive w/backing track and/or very loud keys. Its sounded more like Superstition at times. 

Edit, actually you can see the keyboard player asking them to turn him up at 40 seconds. I do remember thinking there was no way it was just Coldplay making that sound. Especially as Chris Martin wasn't playing an instrument and was just Bono dancing about the place. 

Should have been asking to turn Bazza down. Jesus wept.

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Wembley 07 was their best. Glastonbury 2010 was so dull. Can't remember anything from that gig apart from The Edge coming on at some point. 

aye Glastonbury 2010 was dull as dishwater. came to the festival a fan in need of some reassurance that they hadn't lost it - left thinking 'Where the Streets Have No Name is a great song. U2 would've been ace.'

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

aye Glastonbury 2010 was dull as dishwater. came to the festival a fan in need of some reassurance that they hadn't lost it - left thinking 'Where the Streets Have No Name is a great song. U2 would've been ace.'

Yeah definitely. I reckon things would have been completely different if U2 actually played in 2010. Muse, on the other hand, played one of the most forgettable pyramid headline sets I've seen. Should have gone to George Clinton.

Seen Muse the three times. First at the MEN in 2012 on The 2nd Law Tour, which is probably one of the best gigs I've ever been too. Second time was same venue this year for the Psycho Tour that was probably a more technically impressive show but seemed a bit soulless. Last time was Glastonbury this year. By no means a bad headliner but when compared to Adele and Coldplay, they were uninspired at best - and why on earth did they think that closing their main set with a twelve minute prog album track off a lukewarm record was a good idea? they'd started building some momentum up until then, and suddenly it evaporated. 

I like Muse. But if you're going to book a modern day meat and veg rock group with early material that wasn't exactly mainstream, book Biffy. At least they won't play a twelve minute prog song. 

50 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Seen Muse the three times. First at the MEN in 2012 on The 2nd Law Tour, which is probably one of the best gigs I've ever been too. Second time was same venue this year for the Psycho Tour that was probably a more technically impressive show but seemed a bit soulless. Last time was Glastonbury this year. By no means a bad headliner but when compared to Adele and Coldplay, they were uninspired at best - and why on earth did they think that closing their main set with a twelve minute prog album track off a lukewarm record was a good idea? they'd started building some momentum up until then, and suddenly it evaporated. 

I like Muse. But if you're going to book a modern day meat and veg rock group with early material that wasn't exactly mainstream, book Biffy. At least they won't play a twelve minute prog song. 

Just to avoid any confusion, the Psycho tour I mentioned was an intimate tour they did before Drones came out (only Psycho had been released). I was at the MEN show this year and would have it lumped in with the rest of their arena/stadium shows since 2010.

9 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

To be honest i thought the 12 minute prog album track was one of the better moments, they were ok but I kind of regret not seeing Sight Ros or Underworld, I didn't really want to leave my group though.

Me and my friend sighed so hard when The Globalist began. Absolute arse of a song.

We'd gone to stand further back because we wanted a drink and at that point we just wanted to leave because we were bored and both really needed to poo, but stayed because Knights of Cydonia. The Globalist > Uprising > Mercy with poo coming out of you is not an enjoyable experience.

Would have been so annoyed I missed Sigur Rós if I wasn't seeing them three weeks later at Citadel.

14 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Just to avoid any confusion, the Psycho tour I mentioned was an intimate tour they did before Drones came out (only Psycho had been released). I was at the MEN show this year and would have it lumped in with the rest of their arena/stadium shows since 2010.

Whoops, my bad. Yeah, I meant the Drones Tour proper, my bad!

5 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

To be honest i thought the 12 minute prog album track was one of the better moments, they were ok but I kind of regret not seeing Sight Ros or Underworld, I didn't really want to leave my group though.

I regret not seeing Sigur Ros as I was expecting to go to Citadel - then had to cancel it. So, Muse in that sense were a double disappointment.

Also, I'm trying to remember why the hell I didn't go to Underworld now. I was sober as well, what choices was I making that night...

5 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Nothing wrong in principle with closing off your set with a 12 minute prog song, it's just that particular song happened to be The Globalist, a turgid pile of shite.

Ditto. Let's say Floyd themselves played, nobody would bat an eyelid at Shine On You Crazy Diamond being thrown out there. Everyone would love it. (Me included).

On 25/11/2016 at 2:20 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hang on.  Was it Night Fever or Staying Alive?

I think I maybe prefer More Than A Woman to either of them - but then Jive Talking is also a contender.

Thinking of a #RightBazza setlist got me like

homer-simpson-drooling-a-887x1024.jpg

"You should be dancing" for me, love it

On 25 November 2016 at 4:35 AM, thewayiam said:

See I thought Mumford were below par at Glasto, they were much better at T afterwards.

I thought they were better headlining or subbing Bestival whenever that was.

It was raining when I saw them before U2 in 2011 so that took some of the fun out of it.