Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I thought that as Portugal was red in the first map, then they announced NOS that that was the giveaway. Red areas for next announcements.

From that pic, Open'er must be on the cards (Poland) and a fest in Spain - although I couldn't name any other than Bennicassim off the top of my head.

If not Benicassim I'd hazard a guess at BBK. Think it's run by the same people as NOS Alive and they shared most acts last year so that would make sense.

3 hours ago, MILTONBMX said:

The Strokes are doing South America in the Spring. Maybe they could make an appearance, not sure if they are headline material though.

They'd be a decent sub for Dave and the Lads. Wouldn't get your hopes up though. I think the problem with The Strokes is the amount of money they ask for. By all accounts they really don't like each other so it takes a shitload to get them together.

Mate of mine, not somebody I'd describe as "in the know". Not tying to claim I have a source,

He told me before ticket day that it would be 1 UK act and 2 USA acts headlining. This is looking more and more likely to me.. Already have Radiohead from the UK, and I think it will be Foo Fighters and Gaga on the other two nights. No idea where he got the 1 UK and 2 US thing, other than a Glasto fanatic/veteran had heard it via hearsay.

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I think they'll want to round off the weekend with a UK headliner, especially before a fallow year. That said, Beyonce wrapped up before the last Fallow year. I also think, after two white men with guitar groups, they'll want to finish with a female headliner.

British woman eh?

Sunday night is Sandé night!

6 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Could it be The Killers? They have a new album on the horizon don't they?

And I know it's been done to death, I actually really like her, but I really, really don't see Lady Gaga as being big enough to headline.

it's almost certainly Foo Fighters and Ed Sheeran at this point, with an outside chance of Lady Gaga (but chances are if she's there it'll be as a sub to one of Ed or Foos)

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gaga subbing one night and then over to see Erasure close out at West Holts.

Excelsior!

Pop-tastic.  Give me Gaga subbing E-Shizzle on Saturday night then over to WH and all aboard the Erasure Train.

See you there Calgon.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

radiohead, sheeran and gaga would be infinitely better than having the aids-deniers. Hopefully this comes to pass

I mean, I'm not a huge Foo Fighters fan or anything and that they definitely held that stance is very shit, but the last real source of this came from roughly 2000 - about 17 years is a long time, be interested to see if they still advocate the denial group they organised the benefit gig for.

That said they've never come out and publicly distanced themselves from it so *shrug*.

I mean half the time people have no idea they did this, so it's not like they go around promoting it at every gig, and I think if Glastonbury are ok with putting them on safe in the knowledge that the festival itself won't get tarnished as an Aids denier festival, then that's good enough for me.

Edited by FrancisH