Headliner predictions 2017

swede

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

My only worry is that they started with those 5 tracks at NOS alive and that was a festival crowd......but hopefully they'll have the new album out of their system a bit by the time of glastonbury and we get a lively opening, leading to a rapturous gig. 

Hopefully they dont do a U2 and open with too many bangers though!

In fairness, those 5 tracks didn't kill the crowd at NOS. Although I suspect there will be a lot more casual fans at Glastonbury!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I used to find Coldplay inoffensive but the behaviour of some of their fans that night has made me resent them. There were some lads by us, near the front, actually chanting about Coldplay during Beck's set. Annoyed me greatly.

Fortunately LCD were bloody fantastic and all ended well.

...and Beck's set was so brilliant. Absolutely wasted on that insipid, bed-wetting crowd.

Praise the Lord for LCD. What a finale!

2 hours ago, beaker said:

I also read this on another forum (red issue) a few weeks ago and posted it on here. 

The bloke who posted it also got the headliners right for the last two years. 

Is it the same source?

Looks like we have the same source just checked red issue and I assume you have the same username on both sites

11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

They'd put back a fallow year just so Nice Dave could make up for being unable to do his running around two years earlier? Really? 

It sounds ridiculous, but when it comes to this festival anything is possible.

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've returned from my solitude in the mountains. Not a phone or wifi signal to be had anywhere up there, can one of you hopeless technophiles give me a quick rundown of what's gone on here since last Friday? Don't skimp on the beefs.

We learnt who likes coffee, who likes tea and who does and doesn't know how to make it.

And Emile Sandé is headlining.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We learnt who likes coffee, who likes tea and who does and doesn't know how to make it.

And Emile Sandé is headlining.

Again!? So soon for a headliner to return.

I like coffee and tea and I know how to make them both. I'm back in the game!

have the other festivals that they cancelled on in 2015 announced their headliners yet? would still find it odd if they come back to do Glastonbury in 2017 but not the others, but then i suppose Glastonbury isn't on in 2018 so Glastonbury 2017 + a few more shows and then other festivals in 2018 might be what they have planned

Reckon sting may make an appearance also gaga foos cos they missed out so may be easy to fit them in . . . Levellers . . . 20 year thing and I've been told there touring . . . . . There's got to be a heavy band in the mix  the way the last few years have been like . 

I hope that it's not SOTD but you never know . . . 

I'd like to see Depeche mode play but unlikely and bloody Elton touring you could probably find loads more to add to the list but we'll just have to wait and see 

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I really wish we knew what was stopping Elton being booked. He fits the legend's slot like a bloody glove, and he'd be a better headliner than anyone we think is in contention too.

I think the answer is in your post. This is just a theory and could be bollocks, but...

He's capable of being a headliner, but he's clearly far better suited for the legend slot. His management see him as a headliner, and don't want future bookings to be affected by him taking anything less than the top spot. So they don't tell him anything about the approaches that the festival must surely be making every year.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I think the answer is in your post. This is just a theory and could be bollocks, but...

He's capable of being a headliner, but he's clearly far better suited for the legend slot. His management see him as a headliner, and don't want future bookings to be affected by him taking anything less than the top spot. So they don't tell him anything about the approaches that the festival must surely be making every year.

I doubt at his level his management make decisions without his consent but yes the conflict between whether he's a legend or a headliner is the most logical explanation. It'd be the party of the century so hopefully it happens soon, he's not getting any younger and we surely don't want him to become another Prince like 

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

I doubt at his level his management make decisions without his consent but yes the conflict between whether he's a legend or a headliner is the most logical explanation. It'd be the party of the century so hopefully it happens soon, he's not getting any younger and we surely don't want him to become another Prince like 

He'd have the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.

13 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah he's talked about retirement already so he must only have a few more summers left in him. If the theory is true then they should admit defeat and book him to headline. Not worth missing out on that chance.