Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, they are the two most obvious contenders, so someone could easily just guess at the pair of them with nothing further to go on than what we already know.

But, the info may be genuine.  Impossible to tell, really, until either of them announce other tour dates.

If it is them, it’s solid as far as the fest is concerned – but (probably*) leaves me without a Pyramid Headliner for the first time this decade.

Though doesn’t that Taylor Swift guy’s solo album rule out The Fighters?

*May see Radiohead if nothing else exciting gets scheduled against them.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Am in this boat too, but my last pyramid headliners were Brian Jones and the gang so more likely to be swayed to Thomas and the whingers unless it's a must-see against them. 

I am a bit worried about this radiohead set in terms of the casual listener. I just dont think the new album is going to convert anyone who isnt already a fan. And if they start with 3-5 songs off it like they have been recently.......we will see an exodus of metallica proportions.

The thing with Radiohead is that most people know where they stand on them, and for very person that loves them there are three or four that don't.  There's probably not going to be man ambivalent people in the field, so the crowd won't be huge but I don't think there'll be a mass exodus either.

14 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I am a bit worried about this radiohead set in terms of the casual listener. I just dont think the new album is going to convert anyone who isnt already a fan. And if they start with 3-5 songs off it like they have been recently.......we will see an exodus of metallica proportions.

I think @Hugh Jass predicted an opening salvo of:

Burn the Witch

Creep

I could definitely see that. Or Paranoid Android instead. No chance they will start with five new uns in a row. I'll be stunned if they play Daydreaming second.

Edited by jparx

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The thing with Radiohead is that most people know where they stand on them, and for very person that loves them there are three or four that don't.  There's probably not going to be man ambivalent people in the field, so the crowd won't be huge but I don't think there'll be a mass exodus either.

The thing about Radiohead is they always try and walk it in. 

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not quite ambivalent, but having lost touch with Radiohead since OK Computer I've got nowhere near the love of them that many seem to. However I've never seen them and love their early stuff, and I can't think of a better place to see them.

If I go, and it'll take something pretty formidable to get me elsewhere, then I won't be leaving unless for some reason they play an absolute stinker.  It certainly won't be because I don't know the songs that well :)

7 minutes ago, beaker said:

I also read this on another forum (red issue) a few weeks ago and posted it on here. 

The bloke who posted it also got the headliners right for the last two years. 

Is it the same source?

Another user, can't remember their username (they have an avatar of two Kanye's kissing, pictures are how I remember users, don't hate) said that they've heard from someone that it's Ed and Foo too. Tho maybe that's the same source too.

As it has now been confirmed GnR aren't playing download, do you think the chances have increased much that they will headline glasto?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/download-festival-2016-lineup-headliners-aerosmith-system-of-a-down-biffy-clyro-rumours-dates-a7396366.html

Suppose it kills my hope of seeing SOAD on the other stage too :(

Edited by Alvarhanso

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Nor should anyone have done, given that the band were happy to cack all over their loyal fans who had paid good money to see them at gigs already arranged and sold out on the same days as Glastonbury...**

Ben

**yeah, I still have issues with the attitude of the band over this episode! :)

I share your exact sentiment; The festival must share the blame too! 

Saying that, considering Pete Townsend is scum of the Earth, it shouldn't have come as such a surprise. 

50 minutes ago, jparx said:

Burn the Witch

Creep

I could definitely see that. Or Paranoid Android instead. No chance they will start with five new uns in a row. I'll be stunned if they play Daydreaming second.

In all fairness it was @russycarps who suggested it. I just put it in my setlist.

Completely agree though that they need to open big though, a few big hitters early on to get the crowd going (BTW, Creep, There There was my setlist opening). Playing Daydreaming second would kill the atmosphere stone dead.

41 minutes ago, jparx said:

Burn the Witch

Creep

My only worry is that they started with those 5 tracks at NOS alive and that was a festival crowd......but hopefully they'll have the new album out of their system a bit by the time of glastonbury and we get a lively opening, leading to a rapturous gig. 

Hopefully they dont do a U2 and open with too many bangers though!