Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Worth mentioning that Beyonce subbed Coldplay at T In The Park that same year. T were actually having a bit of a bumper time of it at that point though, they had R&L's coheadliners Pulp and The Strokes subbing their main and second stages respectively, and another of R&L's outright headliners MCR playing 3rd down on main.

I went to T that year. The only one I've ever been to. It was just a ridiculous line-up. I watched Bright Eyes in the tiny tent whilst Coldplay were on

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

JFC don't tell me Kasabian actually did that

tumblr_n7ybqbV5x91tz0x45o1_250.jpg

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

@CaledonianGonzo you are on fire today. Not enough upvotes but I'll have what you're having today and thanks for making me chuckle all day considering I've been up at 6am and drove to work in the dark. 

Erk.......thanks.  My wife is away, so I've been on the negronis since lunchtime. I probably wouldn't recommend it, tbh.

Anyway 

Bon Jovi = no, not enough wine and apparently a shortage. Seriously. If you like Chilean stock up. (please dont tell Russy cos I'll be accused of being a middle class c**t) 

Take that = Ah jaysis come on now. Shits and giggles right? 

Queen Bey = Oh yes purlease! 

KOL = only if they play the first album but will get blasted with piss if they play Sex on Fire

Lady Gaga = Soz, got a few bangers but I can't get past the contrived quirky. (files alongside Paloma Faith) 

Now give me Justin Timberlake for a knee wobbling and heart throbbing show down to show down all show downs! 

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's generally accepted that Beyonce was going to sub Coldplay and they thought they could get Prince for Sunday, but that never came off. Somewhere claimed that Mozza was asked to move to headline Sunday, but that doesn't sound too convincing to me. Neil believes Glastonbury often book subs who can be bumped up to headline if they have a headliner they're unsure of, this possibly happened with Kasabian in 2014. Worth mentioning that Beyonce subbed Coldplay at T In The Park that same year. T were actually having a bit of a bumper time of it at that point though, they had R&L's coheadliners Pulp and The Strokes subbing their main and second stages respectively, and another of R&L's outright headliners MCR playing 3rd down on main.

Much obliged - I remember that lineup. Was outrageous! 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Erk.......thanks.  My wife is away, so I've been on the negronis since lunchtime. I probably wouldn't recommend it, tbh.

Eeek sounds delightful but Campari is an acquired taste which I would rather not acquire. Dark and Stormies in Chez Yeti. 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Eeek sounds delightful but Campari is an acquired taste which I would rather not acquire. Dark and Stormies in Chez Yeti. 

I think I've actually got dark and stormy ingredients here, so reckon I'll sort one out for myself in a minute...

(......and get Adele's set up on the iPlayer)

Im resigned to the fact that we have to have at least one `down with the kids` radio friendly chart topping `popular` headliner however generic they are or how much they actually suck donkey balls live... ....so fuck it may as well get a list of the top 20 `biggest pop singers in the world` from a radio one blog and throw a dart at it...there`s your Saturday headliner for the bbc crowd.

Me? im all about friday/sunday :) (esp the friday now....cant think why!)

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think I've actually got dark and stormy ingredients here, so reckon I'll sort one out for myself in a minute...

(......and get Adele's set up on the iPlayer)

Currently watching Queen Beyonce with a yeti and a smoke. Dark and stormies are prized and ready. Try some angostura in the dark and stormy 

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Anyway 

Bon Jovi = no, not enough wine and apparently a shortage. Seriously. If you like Chilean stock up. (please dont tell Russy cos I'll be accused of being a middle class c**t) 

Take that = Ah jaysis come on now. Shits and giggles right? 

Queen Bey = Oh yes purlease! 

KOL = only if they play the first album but will get blasted with piss if they play Sex on Fire

Lady Gaga = Soz, got a few bangers but I can't get past the contrived quirky. (files alongside Paloma Faith) 

Now give me Justin Timberlake for a knee wobbling and heart throbbing show down to show down all show downs! 

Succinct HMV, yet:

BJ & the By Joves - Never gonna happen. Fear not. The only bloke sadistic enough to lay his significant other down on a bed of roses. Ouchy, WTF, etc. 

Take That - Never gonna happen. If you searched Match.com for 'pathetic cock' Barlow would come up twice. 

Bey / Gaga - Either. Defo. To get all blokey for a mo, Gaga sans quirky get ups is gorgeous. 

KOL - The only association with that initialism appearing on the Pyramid will be Lotus Flower. 

Timbers - If he appears (he won't) I'll probably be there in order to keep Mrs Woffy upright, administer medically required consciousness inducing cheek slaps and to mutter disgruntled about how I once got told off merely for 'that Adèle Exarchopoulos comment'.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Currently watching Queen Beyonce with a yeti and a smoke. Dark and stormies are prized and ready. Try some angostura in the dark and stormy 

Niece, nephew and Mrs Q all asleep. Deciding between meatloaf documentary or jools holland. Will decide while having a smoke and prepping a G&T methinks

27 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Much obliged - I remember that lineup. Was outrageous! 

If you ever went to one T then 2011 was the best probably lineup wise, might have pissed you off crazy with clashes mind! I enjoyed 2013 loads purely due to weather.

Arctics, Plan B, Pendulum, Twin Atlantic when they were good and The Airborne Toxic Event....I haven't event touched on Saturday or Sunday but I admit they were a bit low key at the bottom, I know it will be smaller acts but nothing even really sticking out with much interest.....top heavy though. 

7 minutes ago, LittleA said:

If we are also looking at headliners elsewhere, I say Peter Hook & the light up at the Park. Caught Hooky at Ynot this year and he absolutely smashed it.

Talking of the hook. Just watched that hacienda orchestra prog on channel 4 catch up. Good sounds. Bringing it to Glasgow in April which is now in the diary. 

14 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Succinct HMV, yet:

BJ & the By Joves - Never gonna happen. Fear not. The only bloke sadistic enough to lay his significant other down on a bed of roses. Ouchy, WTF, etc. 

Take That - Never gonna happen. If you searched Match.com for 'pathetic cock' Barlow would come up twice. 

Bey / Gaga - Either. Defo. To get all blokey for a mo, Gaga sans quirky get ups is gorgeous. 

KOL - The only association with that initialism appearing on the Pyramid will be Lotus Flower. 

Timbers - If he appears (he won't) I'll probably be there in order to keep Mrs Woffy upright, administer medically required consciousness inducing cheek slaps and to mutter disgruntled about how I once got told off merely for 'that Adèle Exarchopoulos comment'.

Bon Jovi - stand by my comment it would get a lot of happy drunk punters. But agree, more chance of @H.M.V and @Woffy topping the Pyramid stage with a Barry White covers set.

Take That - not without Robbie and/or Olly Murs drafted as a relpacement for the other one who's no longer there (who is it again?)

Beyonce - doesn't she mime a bit? That's my problem if I have one. Can't be doing with a pop show that has more than 10% mime 

Gaga - had 10% mime on Artpop tour in Manchester, acceptable limit. Would have to be on strength of old material, which arguably puts her in same bracket as...

KOL - well, what an exciting choice this would be! They can play that song about using people and burning others during copulation! Huzzah! (I will be seeing Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros on the Park Stage if anyone asks).

Justin Timberlake - really? Really? That's the same bracket as Bon Jovi, got to be! :D:P