Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

all of which she did last time she headlined.

there's absolutely no reason to re-book her 2 albums and several poorly performing singles later.

tumblr_o6r5j5EzId1qlce60o2_500.gif

Behave mate. No Glastonbury headliner have released anything remotely as good as her most recent two albums after they've headlined, she could easily fill a set with stuff purely from the last two albums. We've seen a shift from a sales model to a streaming model since last time, and still those two albums performed well. Beyonce (which was a surprise release at the end of the year with no promotion) has outsold 4 which she was touring in 2011 with a big promotional campaign and "The Glastonbury Effect" to boost sales. Beyonce went to #2 and Lemonade went to #1.She's moved from arenas to stadiums since last time and the current Formation tour is looking like it'll be the highest grossing tour in the USA this year, she's by far the biggest name they could book.

21 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Behave mate. No Glastonbury headliner have released anything remotely as good as her most recent two albums after they've headlined, she could easily fill a set with stuff purely from the last two albums. We've seen a shift from a sales model to a streaming model since last time, and still those two albums performed well. Beyonce (which was a surprise release at the end of the year with no promotion) has outsold 4 which she was touring in 2011 with a big promotional campaign and "The Glastonbury Effect" to boost sales. Beyonce went to #2 and Lemonade went to #1.She's moved from arenas to stadiums since last time and the current Formation tour is looking like it'll be the highest grossing tour in the USA this year, she's by far the biggest name they could book.

Also, even besides its immense political importance deserving the best stage in the world, Formation blasting through the Pyramid sound system? Yes please. Ear quaking stuff.

Edited by Zac Quinn

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Is T swizzle active next year? Is she festival adverse? Has Ed Sheeran taught her the magic of Glasto yet?

1. Maybe
2. Maybe not
3. Who knows? They've not been so close since he's gone all embarrassingly gap yah kid about drugs.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Le noise and psychedelic pill. 

Psychedelic Pill is the business, but Beyonce's most recent efforts flatten it.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Heathen and blackstar. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

In rainbows and a moon shaped pool. 

I'm still right.

You'd have to go all the way back to The Queen Is Dead to give them any sort of run for their money.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Correction - by worldwide streams and sales, would be Drake I think?

God forbid that though  ... 

24 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

She wouldn't want to do it again. It was a one-off thing to play to her not-usual crowd. No reason for her to come back, for a lot of the reasons stated above - she's the biggest act in the world - she can make a lot more money and reach a bigger audience elsewhere.

And it's never as good the second time around. 

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Just devo'd I missed her in Dublin but went to Stone Roses as their tickets were announced and purchased first. ( I think) That was a tough night in ol Dubs cos Johnny Grant was strutting his stuff as well. To be fair SR did a decent gig although the organisation was horrific. Couldn't get a drink unless you were sucking a barman. 

Somehow, I knew this was going to end with someone offering you a drink.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Damn straight! I'll bring gin :friends:

10 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Never really dug Beyonce ( and find the Queen Bey title as cringeworthy as a Taylor Swift monologue)  but I'd go probably see her show in the hope she'd prove me wrong. Did so with Adele this year and worked out a treat for me.

Don't do it!

This was pretty much my outlook on it when she played last time - she's totally not my thing and all my crew were staying to watch her so I bowed to peer pressure in the hope that she'd surprise me... Don't get me wrong, she was alright but not going off on my own to catch QOTSA is one of my biggest ever glasto regrets

TOP TIP :lol: - If you're not that into it and there's something else on you fancy, then go with it! 

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Also just read the Emily article

by the way she's worded it, I think there's no ambiguities here... Daft Punk and the Stone Roses ain't doing it

There is a slight ambiguity she says there was an article saying it's Daft Punk and The Stone Roses and that's not true.  If it ends up being The Stone Roses and Ed Sheeran then she's still right that the article that mentioned Daft Punk is wrong. 

5 minutes ago, bonbonbonbons said:

Don't do it!

This was pretty much my outlook on it when she played last time - she's totally not my thing and all my crew were staying to watch her so I bowed to peer pressure in the hope that she'd surprise me... Don't get me wrong, she was alright but not going off on my own to catch QOTSA is one of my biggest ever glasto regrets

TOP TIP :lol: - If you're not that into it and there's something else on you fancy, then go with it! 

I guess it'll depend who else is where but it's good advice to keep :lol:

I massively prefer New Order over Adele, yet went for the latter because of history of that set. it was like the Stones or Metallica - or even Beyonce herself, arguably a watershed moment. 

I mean, my biggest I was there moment is always going to be Kate Bush in Hammersmith - and that was outstanding. 

10 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

She wouldn't want to do it again. It was a one-off thing to play to her not-usual crowd. No reason for her to come back, for a lot of the reasons stated above - she's the biggest act in the world - she can make a lot more money and reach a bigger audience elsewhere.

And it's never as good the second time around. 

Absolutely loved her last time but I agree with this. Like the Stones, Jay Z, Kanye and Metallica, I reckon it was a one off. Soz Lawn. 

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

There is a slight ambiguity she says there was an article saying it's Daft Punk and The Stone Roses and that's not true.  If it ends up being The Stone Roses and Ed Sheeran then she's still right that the article that mentioned Daft Punk is wrong. 

There’s no more announcements now for a while, but I will tell you the other two that have been rumoured aren’t happening. I don’t know where anybody got those from.”

Which two specifically do you mean?
“There was a news story that said Daft Punk and Stone Roses. That’s not true.

No ambiguity there. No way are the Roses playing based on that.