Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna post about them earlier, but I know they aren't that well liked here so please be kind :lol:

What are the chances of The Killers headlining again? It will have been a decade since their last headline set (which was partly effected by sounding issues), they are rumoured to have another album out in the next few months, and have much more material to pay since their 2007 slot. It adds into the 'previous headliner' comment ME said and would be good probably for the local on the Sunday night. I was surprised when I found out they've only done it once considering they are a pretty big band, so what are the chances?

Yeah I'm a big fan of them so I expect to be torn apart ha.

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, Ozanne said:

I was gonna post about them earlier, but I know they aren't that well liked here so please be kind :lol:

What are the chances of The Killers headlining again? It will have been a decade since their last headline set (which was partly effected by sounding issues), they are rumoured to have another album out in the next few months, and have much more material to pay since their 2007 slot. It adds into the 'previous headliner' comment ME said and would be good probably for the local on the Sunday night. I was surprised when I found out they've only done it once considering they are a pretty big band, so what are the chances?

I like them, but their last two albums have been pretty poor, the last one was effectively a U2 tribute album, and a bad one at that. 

5 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I like them, but their last two albums have been pretty poor, the last one was effectively a U2 tribute album, and a bad one at that. 

Quite a few people say that, but I really liked Day & Age and quite liked parts of Battleborn too. Plus I really liked Brandon Flowers first solo album. Then again I'm heavily biased. Personally I would love to see them headline the Pyramid as in 07 I wasn't even going to festivals and they are my ideal pick, but I can understand why some wouldn't want them. I was wondering if there's been any rumours at all of them playing?

For me it's Killers, Kasabian, KOL.

Edited by Ozanne

In my humble opinion KOL and the Killers are decent, solid bands but they peaked some time ago both in terms of talent and popularity, go back 6 or 7 years and they were much bigger. If you contrast them against bands like The Arctic Monkeys or Kasabian (I'm not talking about individual personal tastes here) they are bands whose stock has gradually risen with each album and have grown in status rather than diminished. Obviously then former are American and the latter from the UK so that may influence my opinion, but I can see the latter two bands regularly headlining over the years going forward but the former two have never reached their original heights.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Quite a few people say that, but I really liked Day & Age and quite liked parts of Battleborn too. Plus I really liked Brandon Flowers first solo album. Then again I'm heavily biased. Personally I would love to see them headline the Pyramid as in 07 I wasn't even going to festivals and they are my ideal pick, but I can understand why some wouldn't want them. I was wondering if there's been any rumours at all of them playing?

no rumours of them playing because it's fairly unlikely - Glastonbury tends to book headliners who are either legendary in their own right or currently on the way up, of which The Killers are neither as, material wise, they've been in a bit of a slump for a few years now

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

no rumours of them playing because it's fairly unlikely - Glastonbury tends to book headliners who are either legendary in their own right or currently on the way up, of which The Killers are neither as, material wise, they've been in a bit of a slump for a few years now

Thanks mate I appreciate it. To me they are legendary but each to their own hey :P The only reason I mention is because of the new album rumours.

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.  The Who cancel a gig in Paris.  I watched a cartoon bear develop in the grass near the Pyramid Stage.  All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.  Time to die.

Out of upvotes but the sentiment's there :)

3 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Phil has just confirmed three more Paris dates, which takes him to the 23Rd. since that legend slot is practically headliner no.4, I'd put a penny or two on him now appearing Sunday 25th.

not sure why it got changed but with Diana Ross now a Strong Rumour on the efestivals page i have doubts, although with John Giddings having ruled Collins out of playing/headlining IOW then i guess it isn't too far fetched

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

not sure why it got changed but with Diana Ross now a Strong Rumour on the efestivals page i have doubts, although with John Giddings having ruled Collins out of playing/headlining IOW then i guess it isn't too far fetched

Could he be headlining the Sunday?

A lad has posted on a football forum I look at that the other headliners are Sheeran and the Foos. 

He claims he posted the headliners for the past two years before they were announced and he certainly did so last year but it was much later than this (could have been an educated guess on his part)

Dont know if he is ITK just thought I would pass on the info

i hope it's correct as its made Mrs Beaker (aka Dotty) very happy that the Foos are playing 

1 minute ago, beaker said:

A lad has posted on a football forum I look at that the other headliners are Sheeran and the Foos. 

He claims he posted the headliners for the past two years before they were announced and he certainly did so last year but it was much later than this (could have been an educated guess on his part)

Dont know if he is ITK just thought I would pass on the info

i hope it's correct as its made Mrs Beaker (aka Dotty) very happy that the Foos are playing 

Muse, Adele and Coldplay were being touted as headliners as early as November i think, so chances are he wasn't in the know - just knew exactly what everybody else did

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Don't feel alone on here, I am of the same thought as you! I grew up as indie really took off and fell for it in a big way, and I don't care one iota if that means I'm not cool anymore :P

Edit: not that I probably was ever cool

Edited by Richi1988

2 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Don't feel alone on here, I am of the same thought as you! I grew up as indie really took off and fell for it in a big way, and I don't care one iota if that means I'm not cool anymore :P

Ha I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there! I've seen them quite a few time now, and their sets are what got me into live music as well as festivals. I still listen to all their albums especially Sams Town, that's so good.