Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

bit too early to tell. think she could take a sizeable slot at the festival next year if the albums out, but headliner seems a way off

Yeah, you're probably right. I just heard somewhere that she refuses to take low-billing slots these days, think she headlined a few festivals around the world. I can't see it happening any time soon but given another album or two I reckon she could make the leap

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Obviously my finger is nowhere near the current music button, but are there any female acts around these days that look like potential headliners?

A few months ago I tried to come up with a list of solo female performers that wouldn't be out of place, and managed 8 (assuming that Lady Gagas moment has passed).

Florence, Adele, Beyonce, Madonna, Kate Bush, Taylor Swift, Rhianna, and Alicia Keys.

Even the last 2 of those are debatable (although Alicia Keys would be a cracking booking in my view).

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If no-one did it for 'Born this Way'.....

In fairness they did, at one point you could barely move for articles boring on about it being a rip-off of Express Yourself.

EDIT: sorry thought you were saying the press didn't pick up on it not her team.

I do think that article above is a bit over the top though. The taster singles haven't set the world alight no but even so, kinda unfair to write off a comeback before the album is even out. Also it isn't a 'country album'. Like there are country songs on it but a good four or five have about as much in common with country as my right earlobe.

Edited by Zac Quinn

17 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Only female/band with female lead outside of the obvious I can see headlining in the near future is CHVRCHES but even that is a long time off. 

I saw them at latitude, had never heard of them before but really enjoyed it. I was pretty smashed but my judgement wasnt that impaired

are they in fact a load of shit?

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I saw them at latitude, had never heard of them before but really enjoyed it. I was pretty smashed but my judgement wasnt that impaired

I find them a lot more enjoyable live compared to on record. But they've been very good both times i've seen them at Glastonbury.

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Nah they're decent. Saw them at Glasto this year and think I enjoyed it but I was totally gone by then and don't really remember it.

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I find them a lot more enjoyable live compared to on record. But they've been very good both times i've seen them at Glastonbury.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Nah they're decent. Saw them at Glasto this year and think I enjoyed it but I was totally gone by then and don't really remember it.

sounds like the key to enjoying them is being off your face then. Nothing wrong with that!

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I like them but the songs are VERY samey. good fun, but can't see them ever headlining, especially if the next album is more of the same.

Just to terrify everyone but are take that out the running . We know that the festival have shown an interest in the past to book them.

Was Gary Barlow that didn't want too but I remember that TFI interview where he was asked and didn't look as dismisve as someone who didn't want to do it.

It really wouldn't shock me sadly