Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

DISCLAIMER: This does not apply to fans of Courteneers or Catfishes.

Mate I was out with a tribe of Courteeners fans last night. I find it mad how narrow minded they were. I went to watch DMA. Had no idea who they were but had an enjoyable evening none the less.

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Pretty harsh. What's she done to deserve that? Or you just don't like the music?

her music, is not the problem, it's ok at best. toe tapping at times, it's the way she puts herself out there. what she wears , she maybe a totally lovely lady (mad as a box of frogs, but lovely) i just do';t agree with the way she portrays herself in the media,  I have never seen an interview she has done where she has been nice or friendly , 

Just now, shuttlep said:

her music, is not the problem, it's ok at best. toe tapping at times, it's the way she puts herself out there. what she wears , she maybe a totally lovely lady (mad as a box of frogs, but lovely) i just do';t agree with the way she portrays herself in the media,  I have never seen an interview she has done where she has been nice or friendly , 

That's odd. I always got the opposite impression. 

Just now, shuttlep said:

don't get me wrong I do';t think her music is headline worthy, in any shape or form. but i don;t like her more than i don;t like her music

No I didn't get you wrong. I meant that I've always thought she came across like an interesting and quite decent person. I like her music too. 

3 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I thought she was relatively pleasant when interviewed on BBC Brekfast this morning. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No I didn't get you wrong. I meant that I've always thought she came across like an interesting and quite decent person. I like her music too. 

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

I thought she was relatively pleasant when interviewed on BBC Brekfast this morning. 

maybe I have not seen enough interviews with her, but nothing has made me want to find out anything about her

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was listening to Gaga again this morning and that early run of singles is just formidable.  Shame that the drop off was so sizable, though.

So true. I'd definitely watch her in a sub slot, probably would as a headliner but ultimately I'd be wishing it had happened a few years back.

4 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

maybe I have not seen enough interviews with her, but nothing has made me want to find out anything about her

Have I / would I buy her music? No. 

But as someone above said (CalGon?) that initial run of singles was pretty unstoppable. 

She a far more interesting and nuanced pop prospect than, say, Katy Perry or (waits to incur Martin's wrath) Swifty. 

Would I go and see her? Probs. If nothing I really wanted to see elsewhere was on. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So you don't know anything about her, but you'd like to see put her in stocks and sprayed with shit.

Kay. 

That was obviously a joke, as the in diseases that would spread would be horrendous, it was an exaggeration (for comedic value) to show how little she would be a headliner. When she first came out I thought she was just a poor mans Madonna (who i also would't see or care to see) although Madonna with her size and musical back catalog would be a headliner. I wouldn't watch but I think she would be worthy of that Place. Lady Ga Ga not so much.

3 minutes ago, cwaite123 said:

https://twitter.com/flo_tweet/status/789385984446124032?s=09

Just noticed Florence posted this little shrine to Gaga which includes a congrats from Gaga to Florence on her Glastonbury headline performance. 

So clearly Gaga cares/knows about Glastonbury. 

I get famous people signing photos requested by fans, but it seems weird to send a picture of yourself as a postcard to someone...

6 minutes ago, cwaite123 said:

https://twitter.com/flo_tweet/status/789385984446124032?s=09

Just noticed Florence posted this little shrine to Gaga which includes a congrats from Gaga to Florence on her Glastonbury headline performance. 

So clearly Gaga cares/knows about Glastonbury. 

Er...she's played it already.

Even did a secret gig after hours in Shangri La.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye.

For the current late teenage / student population she's probably practically a heritage act.

Wasn't that performance the one that caused the ridiculous 'it looks like she has a penis' rumour?

Edited by Woffy
Grammar.

39 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would be fairly surprised if she plays a slot that isn't broadcast on the Beeb...

(though am I right in thinking that James were maybe recorded and made it out on the red button...?)

Aye, red button plus the majority of their set was shown on BBC3 on the Friday night.

25 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

don't get me wrong I do';t think her music is headline worthy, in any shape or form. but i don;t like her more than i don;t like her music

I found her quite charming on this:

I'd rather have someone fall flat on their face being pretentious and ambitious than "real music" any day.  Not arsed about her tunes either way, but as least she's trying to do something