Headliner predictions 2017

swede

3 minutes ago, sedra said:

Bonus for this thread tho is that we can all speculate once more about headliners again:) I suspect Ed is a goer but not sure who else might be. We have the established British indie rock band Fri, a possible British pop relatively newcomer Sat and probably a US band on Sunday? 

Or the superstar solo act 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, does anyone know why Emily decided to explictly state that DP/SR weren't the other headliners? From my memory I can't recall other times when the Eavii have shut down headliner rumours this early.

What I mean is that, purely from a festival hype/ticket sales perspective, they seemed like pretty good acts. Is it that they're worried about the dissappointment/backlash when Kasabian & Gary Barlow are announced? Or would it be because the actual headliners are annoyed that someone else is taking their thunder?

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Almost certainly due to the article on here that was picked up by the rest of the media.

Sure, but what I mean is that has this year been that different to the rumours that turn out to be incorrect in other years? Say, Prince fairly regularly, Coldplay in 2014(?) and so on.

The 'these bands are strongly rumoured to be headling Glastonbury' stories seem to be fairly regular around now, and I don't recall the Eavii debunking the rumours in the past...

Edited by pjadnoo

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

It would be alright to have a few months of, who the fuck is headlining, after last years certainties 

Yep knowing who the headliners were but trying to think of reasons why it could be somebody else got a bit tiresome. I enjoy the real, rampant speculation, especially like now where we've gone from having three more or less definites to one confirmed, one probably and one not a fucking clue

9 minutes ago, pjadnoo said:

Sure, but what I mean is that has this year been that different to the rumours that turn out to be incorrect in other years? Say, Prince fairly regularly, Coldplay in 2014(?) and so on.

The 'these bands are strongly rumoured to be headling Glastonbury' stories seem to be fairly regular around now, and I don't recall the Eavii debunking the rumours in the past...

She explicitly denied Coldplay in 2015, in an interview with efestivals, and Prince in 2014

Edited by Zac Quinn

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep knowing who the headliners were but trying to think of reasons why it could be somebody else got a bit tiresome. I enjoy the real, rampant speculation, especially like now where we've gone from having three more or less definites to one confirmed, one probably and one not a fucking clue

Yeah, even if we take Edster as the most likely it's still some distance away from being nailed on. All to play for.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It would be alright to have a few months of, who the fuck is headlining, after last years certainties 

I found last year was a bit like a question in a quiz that's so obvious you get it wrong because you think it's a trick question, or a double bluff in a film when they make somebody seem so bad you think they can't really be bad. I thought Muse and Coldplay were so obvious and boring that it couldn't possibly be them, when all along it was as straightforward as it simply being that boring and obvious. The long and the short of it is I don't know what to think.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This seems to hint at the Mac not being road-ready until next autumn:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2016/03/fleetwood-mac-planning-to-be-on-road-in.html

There was this though. Saying they're "planning a world tour for the summer of '17".

I don't think it will be them as it's gonna be #WrongLemon but still not worth ruling out yet.

Heh

And you still have the potential to play Glastonbury again.

Yes. I think we have been asked but for whatever reason it hasn’t happened, I don’t know for what reason. Would I love to do it? Love’s a strong word! I wouldn’t mind – so long as we could helicopter in and helicopter out!

16 minutes ago, pjadnoo said:

Out of interest, does anyone know why Emily decided to explictly state that DP/SR weren't the other headliners? From my memory I can't recall other times when the Eavii have shut down headliner rumours this early.

What I mean is that, purely from a festival hype/ticket sales perspective, they seemed like pretty good acts. Is it that they're worried about the dissappointment/backlash when Kasabian & Gary Barlow are announced? Or would it be because the actual headliners are annoyed that someone else is taking their thunder?

It's probably because all the daft punk touring stuff is bollocks and IOW will announce TSR's at some points 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Blimey. What a turn of events. 

I have to say though, with Radiohead confirmed the headliner situation is already better than the last few years. I'm not really that arsed if we get two mega pants bands.

I agree. One belting headliner was all I wanted and we've got that. I'd really like something to take my fancy on The JP and The Park too, never seen a headliner on either.