Headliner predictions 2017

swede

5 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I've never understood the XX really. The only song I like is 'Intro'. Fair play they are popular but I just don't get it. If they play, I'd imagine Other headliner - don't they have this thing about playing in the dark?

The XX work because of Jamie XX and he can create tracks that get the best out of the vocalists.

Quite frankly In Colour blew away most of the songs created with the band.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see The Weeknd, Two Door Cinema Club, Slaves, the XX all at Glastonbury.

If Gaga does indeed end up playing hope we also get something from Mark Ronson, Kevin Parker etc, though sadly I don't think Tame Impala will play two years in a row after a sub headline position.

The Strokes for other stage headliner or subbing someone like Stone Roses?

4 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Two Door Cinema Club played last year on Pyramid. Dunno if I can see them playing again, tho I hope so cos I missed them due to clashes.

I could see Two Door going back to get their chance at headlining Latitude next year but I don't think its a stretch to see them about 3rd or sub on the Other maybe

1 hour ago, siweltrebor said:

The XX work because of Jamie XX and he can create tracks that get the best out of the vocalists.

who exactly is this Jamie XX? I take it he is in the XX?

Edited by mungo57

2 hours ago, siweltrebor said:

In Colour is definitely better than the second album but not sure about the debut although the best songs are still the ones that feature the other band members. Be interesting to see if they play them on the next tour.

Depeche Mode have called a press conference for the 11th of next month, in Milan. Hopefully it is details of new album and tour.

They really do launch their albums with a touch of class. Will probably be exactly the same questions though that were asked at the Delta Machine one in Paris.

Did not really expect any news till next year so this is a bonus.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

Because his name is Jamie and he's in the XX?

I dunno, just a thought :D

lol probably. I suppose I should have asked why are the XX called the XX?

Like I said, I have no interest in them but I just wondered as to me its a bit of a rubbish name really.

I'm quite happy sticking to music that doesn't send me to sleep :P

21 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

lol probably. I suppose I should have asked why are the XX called the XX?

Like I said, I have no interest in them but I just wondered as to me its a bit of a rubbish name really.

I'm quite happy sticking to music that doesn't send me to sleep :P

This is like having a conversation with a 3 yr old who keeps asking stuff like"why's water wet?" and "what's eyes made of?" :P

Edited by stuartbert two hats

8 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I got approached by a group of four in the park while waiting for someone before Sharon van etten came on. They didn't believe a text they'd just got. I told them it was true and had been all over site all day. They didn't believe me cos if I knew why would I be at the park

'Cos Sharon's done more than one good album and is still writing good stuff now' was not really appreciated. They ran off anyway just in case so sure they had a good time. 

Obligatory "we let these people vote for Brexit/the government".

Lady GaGa has been confirmed as half time entertainment at the superbowl, have we had any other Superbowl acts other than Coldplay?

I'm wondering if some Chinese rumour scenario has had her confirmed to appear at the same event Coldplay did - and people assume it's Glastonbury, rather than the Superbowl

Edited by 5co77ie

35 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Lady GaGa has been confirmed as half time entertainment at the superbowl, have we had any other Superbowl acts other than Coldplay?

I'm wondering if some Chinese rumour scenario has had her confirmed to appear at the same event Coldplay did - and people assume it's Glastonbury, rather than the Superbowl

Had a few U2, Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney , The Who, Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé , Black eyed peas.

Also if rumors are true we may get Diane Ross who has played it