Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

is the Saturday older slot a thing? reckon Duran Duran could comfortably sub but maybe that's just me - they knocked it out of the park headlining Bestival last year so i'd love to see them again

I just mean mean to be honest the left field choice like Robert Plant etc have been. I'd say 3rd myself.

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

Not read the star for years mate. To be honest I am easy about getting tickets this year. I will definitely not be sat there with my hands shaking, while entering details. Not really arsed about seeing the Roses there. I needed to see New order though this year. So if I do not manage to get tickets next Sunday, I will be happy in the knowledge that I got to see my fave band there, this year.

i wont be shaking old son ill be FUCKING shaking lol ..yea new order were amazing made my fest when they played love will tear us apart ...i went nuts lol

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Besides, imagine Emily being all like "we need more women headlining our festivals" and then rolling out the news that Lady Gaga, biggest thing in entertainment five years ago, is gonna support a band of dudes in their late 40's/early 50's. :P

Left Flo sitting in a sub spot, even as she scrabbled around to convince The Who to cancel other shows. Clearly Glastonbury's desire to have a big safe crowdpleaser overrides taking risks for the sake of a female artist. Now that Gaga's been off the boil for a good few years, I really don't think she's big and safe any more.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Left Flo sitting in a sub spot, even as she scrabbled around to convince The Who to cancel other shows. Clearly Glastonbury's desire to have a big safe crowdpleaser overrides taking risks for the sake of a female artist. Now that Gaga's been off the boil for a good few years, I really don't think she's big and safe any more.

regardless of if she's that big or safe anymore, she's undeniably still a headliner and won't be taking a lower slot at Glastonbury or any other festival. she's safe at the top of lineups for a couple more years yet

I mean, FWIW, i think she's been a very very positive force in pop music, written a couple of decent tunes, got a great sense of being a star and has been a very positive role model for her little monsters fanbase. But she's canny enough to understand her place in things.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

regardless of if she's that big or safe anymore, she's undeniably still a headliner and won't be taking a lower slot at Glastonbury or any other festival. she's safe at the top of lineups for a couple more years yet

Florence was undeniably a headliner. Pretty much all of us were saying it on here, Zane Lowe firmly believed it.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Florence was undeniably a headliner. Pretty much all of us were saying it on here, Zane Lowe firmly believed it.

Florence (at the time) wasn't an already proven headliner though - she was one who should've been taking the step up (and thankfully was eventually given the chance), whereas Gaga is a proven superstar already, and taking anything lower than headliner would be a step down in her career (i'm not sure if shes actually headlined a festival but she definitely could've already). as i say, i don't think she's gonna be booked to headline, but i also definitely can't see her being booked to sub. not at this point in her career

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Absolutely deniable. What has she done recently in terms of either hit records or headlining other festivals apart from Radio 1's big weekend? You need to do more than sell a truck load of records to headline Glastonbury.

I've only done a bit of googling, so she might have done some Ed Sheeran style mass sell outs of huge gigs I don't know of. Failing that, I just don't see it.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Absolutely deniable. What has she done recently in terms of either hit records or headlining other festivals apart from Radio 1's big weekend? You need to do more than sell a truck load of records to headline Glastonbury.

I've only done a bit of googling, so she might have done some Ed Sheeran style mass sell outs of huge gigs I don't know of. Failing that, I just don't see it.

she did an album with Tony Bennet, who i would much, much rather see return to Glastonbury.  and i have nowt against Gaga.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

as i've said, i don't think she'll headline Glastonbury, for much the same reasons you've said - she's missed her chance really. but i also don't believe she'll sub or take a lower position. the most likely outcome is she'll play somewhere else like V or TITP, where all you need to do is sell a truckload of records to headline

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

she did an album with Tony Bennet, who i would much, much rather see return to Glastonbury.  and i have nowt against Gaga.

I've no complaints with her playing, the kooky artiste thing may gate with some, but it's more interesting and less cynical than some of her other pop star peers.

I'm just very doubtful that she'd be offered the top slot by the Eavii.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

as i've said, i don't think she'll headline Glastonbury, for much the same reasons you've said - she's missed her chance really. but i also don't believe she'll sub or take a lower position. the most likely outcome is she'll play somewhere else like V or TITP, where all you need to do is sell a truckload of records to headline

Oh, fair enough. I misunderstood what you meant. Still, she seems the type to do stuff because she thinks it's good rather than for strategic career reasons. She might turn up if she thinks it'd be good.