Headliner predictions 2017

swede

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

She may well think she's headline material, but I'd have her down as a sub on the pyramid - recent releases stink of diminishing returns.  I expect however V would throw a ton of cash to get her on an exclusive at the top of their bill.

she's still a huge huge name despite her not having released anything of real worth for a few years now. can't see her being considered as anything other than a headliner. agree that V or even TITP would make more sense for her

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, eastynh said:

Just a guess mate. Kept seeing John Giddings retweet stuff when people tweeted him asking for Depeche Mode. Looking at the line ups from previous years, Depeche Mode would fit in at IOW. If they are not going to play Glasto, I would rather go to Germany to watch them rather than IOW.

have you seen the rumors in the star old son ...lady gaga ..daft punk......radiohead and all the rest ??????????.....just shots in the dark and wots been said on here but may make more people want tix .........oh well not long and well either have tix or not but im not looking forward to this years tix day lol

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

maybe old news but i've just noticed Lady Gaga has been added as a SR on the rumours page. reasoning for this? surely she'd have to headline and it's looking mighty busy with big rumours up top at the moment. don't see it myself - reckon she'll end up elsewhere

it's from a tabloid story (I forget which), where the writer claims she gave him the wink - but which also makes clear she wouldn't be the headliner.

There's stuff about how it's written that makes me think it's more likely true than not.

Edited by eFestivals

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's from a tabloid story (I forget which), where the writer claims she gave him the wink - but which also makes clear she wouldn't be the headliner.

There's stuff about how it's written that makes me think it's more likely true than not.

James Cabooter at Daily Star

The quote is 

'I asked Mother Monster herself if she would play Glasto just a few weeks ago when she visited the UK. Her muted response was to purse her lips, shrug her shoulders and give me a wink – read into that what you will. Just this summer rumours spread across Glasto that the New Yorker, 30, was doing a guest appearance, but it turned out to be her mate Mark Ronson'

Yo if Gaga plays on a main stage its still headlining the big one. She can put out another dud of an album and still be as big as or bigger than all the bands that play after successive dud albums - but it begs the same question as KOL et al; why bother? But after lining up a slot this year on the late night stages I don't necessarily think she's gesturing about a billed slot.

Edited by dentalplan

24 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

can't see Gaga as a headliner remotely although I may be wrong.
Stick her on the Other whilst Roses/Radiohead is on the Pyramid that way I can make sure I am as far away as possible :P

I think she plays the Pyramid easily, way too mainstream for an Other Stage headliner. Subbing Ed fits the first very much, RH I doubt or The Roses.

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Seen a few people today saying Roses will announce the Friday at Wembley as well. Don't know where its came from.

I'd be quite surprised if The Stone Roses could sell out 2 nights at Wembley, and a night at Hampden Park.

Surely there isn't that much demand?!

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Me, I'm firmly of the idea that two of them are Radiohead and Stone Roses.

In the normal scheme of things I'd expect the 3rd act to be a younger one - Sheeran is the obvious guess - tho at the same time I don't think a younger act is a certainty, particularly if an act such as Daft Punk were available.

could be they are trying to get DP, and if they fail, gaga will be bumped to headline?

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

could be they are trying to get DP, and if they fail, gaga will be bumped to headline?

or more likely that the Daft Punk stuff is duff info and it's Sheeran headlining. Gaga is still a headliner imo - her name alone sees to that. maybe she's agreed to play in a lower position for just wanting to play the festival, but i think the more likely outcome is that she isn't there at all, or is in an unbilled slot

so where has the radiohead/roses rumour come from? is it a reliable source or just a shot in the dark at this point in time? I guess the roses rumour is connected to them playing dates around that time of year in the uk, but what about radiohead?

Have to say I was thinking of giving glasto a miss this year to do a different fest.......THAT may make me reconsider however just on the chance of missing out on it, stellar headliners if true.

Fleetwood "Money" Mac back in the headliner game?

More recently, you took some time away from Fleetwood Mac, before returning in 2014 for a world tour. What is the future of the band at this point?
Well, we cut seven songs in the studio already for the start of a brand-new studio album. Which we did probably nearer two years ago. We shelved that temporarily and then went on the road and did the tour. And now, actually, I think we're going back in in October to try to finish it off. Stevie hasn't participated yet, but hope springs eternal. She's going on a solo tour at the moment. But Lindsey and I, we have plenty of songs. There are tons more in the bag that we have yet to record. And they're fantastic. So we're going to carry on and try to finish the record. And then maybe if Stevie doesn't want to be part of that then we can go out and just do some smaller concerts.

You would consider doing some shows with just you, Lindsey, Mick and John [McVie]?
As a four-piece, yeah. With a view of doing a huge world tour after that, with Stevie.

And would you expect that we'll see this new album in 2017?
One would hope so, yeah. That's the plan. And I can't wait for it to be finished. It'll be great. And then we'll hopefully do this world tour with Stevie. And after that, who knows? But we're all still alive, how about that? So that's a start.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/christine-mcvie-on-making-fleetwood-macs-mirage-new-lp-w441626

8 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

so where has the radiohead/roses rumour come from? is it a reliable source or just a shot in the dark at this point in time? I guess the roses rumour is connected to them playing dates around that time of year in the uk, but what about radiohead?

Have to say I was thinking of giving glasto a miss this year to do a different fest.......THAT may make me reconsider however just on the chance of missing out on it, stellar headliners if true.

Neil heard (at last years festival i think) from a usually reliable source that Radiohead and the Roses were lined up for 2017. he wasn't sure whether to believe it because 1. he wasn't sure if either act were gonna be active in 2017 and 2. the guy who told him was a little tipsy and so could've been pulling his leg. Radiohead confirming they're touring in 2017, and moreso, the Roses having a show lined up on the weekend of the festival, makes it look pretty likely that the guy was telling the truth

2 hours ago, Chewie said:

James Cabooter at Daily Star

The quote is 

'I asked Mother Monster herself if she would play Glasto just a few weeks ago when she visited the UK. Her muted response was to purse her lips, shrug her shoulders and give me a wink – read into that what you will. Just this summer rumours spread across Glasto that the New Yorker, 30, was doing a guest appearance, but it turned out to be her mate Mark Ronson'

You missed out the more-important bit towards this particular topic...

Gaga, who last performed at Glasto in 2009, is a contender for a special guest slot rather than as a headliner.

Combined with the wink bit, it sounds to me like he was told off the record that she's playing.

Edited by eFestivals

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

have you seen the rumors in the star old son ...lady gaga ..daft punk......radiohead and all the rest ??????????.....just shots in the dark and wots been said on here but may make more people want tix .........oh well not long and well either have tix or not but im not looking forward to this years tix day lol

Not read the star for years mate. To be honest I am easy about getting tickets this year. I will definitely not be sat there with my hands shaking, while entering details. Not really arsed about seeing the Roses there. I needed to see New order though this year. So if I do not manage to get tickets next Sunday, I will be happy in the knowledge that I got to see my fave band there, this year.

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

Lolapallooza Chile line up out in an hour. First glimpse of some of the acts that'll be on the festival circuit...

14462902_1428727037142198_22684269792162

So no Daft Punk for Lol Ch. 

Did the Glastonbury rumour come from them also playing Lolapallooza? So maybe that can be knocked on the head again

Edited by craigb