Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah subbing Radiohead would make perfect sense (and you'd assume he wouldn't succumb to a similar fate as Beck due to them probably having a similar fanbase) so i can definitely see that happening. he played third on Other in 2009 so darkness ain't an issue. Iggy Pop > Bon Iver > Radiohead on the Friday night please!

Love Iggy Pop - ALWAYS on my "wish list". I'd rather him headline the park or John Peel, but I think he is probably an Other sub or 3rd Pyramid.

Love Radiohead - ALWAYS on my wish list. I need to see them again soon and I need to see a Pyramid headliner again. Perfect.

Bon Iver - sorry I just don't get it. Ive tried. I really have. I just dont get it. Im just bored. I know I'd get my spot at the back pit before Iggy and I'd need a piss at some point. No chance of getting back in if Bon Iver sub.

Kendrick can do it. I want to see him, but Ill see him from the side if needed. I think the Kendrick - Radiohead crossover will be big enough for me to get back in too.

6 hours ago, Alan_C said:

If the festival get Stone Roses to agree to play for an acceptable fee then they will play. The BBC coverage won't come into it for the festival, its down to the band. 

Look at this. I am amazed. How many tickets did T in the Park sell this year? Can you imagine the size of the crowd for LCD Soundsystem on Sunday? The festival is on its last legs.

That's a tiny crowd, guessing ticket sales were really poor.

It's a shame the move has hurt the festival so badly.

7 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

by the way disclosure are a pair of talentless chancers, utter dog shite.

Now that's a little harsh! Granted, their performance last night wasn't great, but from the sounds of it that's the way their performances have gone since they released their second album. Their Glasto set this year was apparently very flat.

BUT they were brilliant headlining West Holts in 2014. The nature of what they produce results in them performing the way they do - they're never gonna be running around the stage or anything like that. 

But talentless? Nah, not having that! :)

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmmm. ..certainly from my perspective their West Holts 2014 show was complete flatliner, an unquestioned Sunday night bummer and festival anticlimax.

Really? For me it was a great end to the festival, as out the four I've been to, 2014 generally was my worst for various reasons (reasons away from the festival itself - still had a great time mind). Followed them up with some Arcadia action which I also found great.

Guess it shows how subjective an experience is! 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Indeed. We left early to go see Peatbog Faeries, which actually was kicking off in a way that Disclosure weren't.

At the time I was really enjoying the album, so think that probably helped too.

Peatbog Faeries - haven't seen them, would you recommend?

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmmm. ..certainly from my perspective their West Holts 2014 show was complete flatliner, an unquestioned Sunday night bummer and festival anticlimax.

19 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Really? For me it was a great end to the festival, as out the four I've been to, 2014 generally was my worst for various reasons (reasons away from the festival itself - still had a great time mind). Followed them up with some Arcadia action which I also found great.

Guess it shows how subjective an experience is! 

I decided on Kasabian at the last minute. I was going to watch disclosure just to give them a go. I couldn't find my mates and sacked them off. I knew what I'd get with Kasabian. Something - alright, that I will enjoy - and to be fair I have to say I eenjoyed them a lot more than I expected to. (Helped by meeting a group who saw I was on my own and said "we have a load of cans left over and some pills.

When we all got back to camp that night - 2 others sacked Disclosure off half way through and went to DJ Yoda in Williams Green. 2 stuck it out but were not impressed. 1 liked it!

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

When we all got back to camp that night - 2 others sacked Disclosure off half way through and went to DJ Yoda in Williams Green. 2 stuck it out but were not impressed. 1 liked it!

Fuzzy that was me, remember?

Seems I'm the only one that enjoyed the set! :)

9 hours ago, Alan_C said:

If the festival get Stone Roses to agree to play for an acceptable fee then they will play. The BBC coverage won't come into it for the festival, its down to the band. 

Look at this. I am amazed. How many tickets did T in the Park sell this year? Can you imagine the size of the crowd for LCD Soundsystem on Sunday? The festival is on its last legs.

Tbf Ian sounds fairly good by his standards.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You reap what you sow when you decide to be anywhere other than Massive Attack. I have absolutely no sympathy for you at all.

Unbelievable amounts of squares with no prior interest in any festivals are cropping up all over Facebook talking about how they'll be going next year. Couple them with Radiohead's psychotically determined fanbase and it's pretty clear it's going to be murder to get tickets to 2017. Get stocking up on Twixes early.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Unbelievable amounts of squares with no prior interest in any festivals are cropping up all over Facebook talking about how they'll be going next year. Couple them with Radiohead's psychotically determined fanbase and it's pretty clear it's going to be murder to get tickets to 2017. Get stocking up on Twixes early.

Yep. I am having the same issue. People from work too.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yep. I am having the same issue. People from work too.

Well the work ones are easier to tackle, I've been driving home just how muddy it was. Apocalyptic mud guys! You wouldn't believe it, mud everywhere. Mud in your eyes, mud in your ears, inhaling mud. It'll definitely be worse next year as well, I'd stay at home if I were you. Also I like to emphasise that two acts that definitely will not be playing are Adele and Coldplay.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well the work ones are easier to tackle, I've been driving home just how muddy it was. Apocalyptic mud guys! You wouldn't believe it, mud everywhere. Mud in your eyes, mud in your ears, inhaling mud. It'll definitely be worse next year as well, I'd stay at home if I were you. Also I like to emphasise that two acts that definitely will not be playing are Adele and Coldplay.

1 girl asked me "what's glastonbury?" This is last week. After it happened. God knows what she does with herself. Now she found out Ed Sheeran is favourite to play, she wants to go.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

1 girl asked me "what's glastonbury?" This is last week. After it happened. God knows what she does with herself. Now she found out Ed Sheeran is favourite to play, she wants to go..

So all she knows is that Ed Sheeran is playing, the rest is yours to fill in the blanks, get creative.