Headliner predictions 2017

swede

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

It has to be #RightBazza for the legends now, which I'd be more than happy with, but ideally we'd get Phil Collins

Phil Collins would be ace. just the right balance of being great but also a bit cheesy and shit. could throw together an excellent setlist of hits

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead are mentioned every year but perhaps since their latest release, they'll be there!

Something a bit heavier? 

Guns N Roses? That would be awesome for Saturday night. Maybe Fleetwood Mac would finally headline. Surely they can't be that greedy to ask for too much money?

Then of course there's always something truly pop-ish for the masses. Cue... Ed Sheeran, Rhianna, Timberlake or Mumford and Sons etc

Not all 3 but these could be a shout for at least one

Stone roses, RHCP, foals or possibly biffy clyro?

What are the odds of someone like Blink-182 playing glasto? They're touring next summer in the UK and from memory I dont think they've ever played glasto, wouldnt be suited to pyramid but possibly an other stage headliner? 

I think Foals would deserve the headline slot, they grafted, and they're incredible live! I'd give manics a sub slot at most now or an other stage headline slot. 

1 minute ago, Chris_Holleran said:

Not all 3 but these could be a shout for at least one

Stone roses, RHCP, foals or possibly biffy clyro?

What are the odds of someone like Blink-182 playing glasto? They're touring next summer in the UK and from memory I dont think they've ever played glasto, wouldnt be suited to pyramid but possibly an other stage headliner? 

I think Foals would deserve the headline slot, they grafted, and they're incredible live! I'd give manics a sub slot at most now or an other stage headline slot. 

Stone Roses are one of the likely contenders. i don't think RHCP are the type of act that Glastonbury would book these days. Foals only subbed this year so aren't gonna headline next year, although they'll undoubtedly be a contender come their next album. i believe one of the organisers has said that Biffy aren't big enough, and what with them going from all out headlining Reading/Leeds to co-headlining it in a couple of years, they're probably right. reckon they'll sub sometime in the near future. and pop/punk isn't really a genre that's represented at Glastonbury, so i can't see Blink ever doing it, especially in their new guise 

Could it be the first time in quite a few years there's no up and coming uk bands ready to take the step up the headline? I know this year there wasn't a new band headlining, but Foals/Tame Impala both played big slots. I can't really see any others around that size that could be headliners in the next year 

Id take a stupidly long range punt at 

Ed Sheeran, Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar (because why fucking not) 

13 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Could it be the first time in quite a few years there's no up and coming uk bands ready to take the step up the headline? I know this year there wasn't a new band headlining, but Foals/Tame Impala both played big slots. I can't really see any others around that size that could be headliners in the next year 

Id take a stupidly long range punt at 

Ed Sheeran, Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar (because why fucking not) 

Surely royal blood will be subbing the pyramid or headlining the other

Edited by Finding leto14
Incorrect spelling

8 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Surely royal blood will be subbing the pyramid or headlining the other

If their follow up he the same hype that came with their debut album maybe, but I can't see that happening at all, they're designed for R/L stardom long before Glastonbury anyway

Just now, arcade fireman said:

Foals need to play in the dark next time. Only downside of their performance was that it was in the light. 

they will. can't see them returning as anything other than a Pyramid headliner next time round, although what with the fallow year timing (2018 seems a likely time to release their new album) that may not be for a while

4 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

2 repeat headliners and 1 new headliner was the quote wasn't it from eavis? Stone roses and ed Sheeran can't be both playing if true. Radiohead and Foos as the repeat bookings?

Stone Roses were booked to headline in 1995 before pulling out so if using that logic for Foos it could also be used for them. also, that was a comment made before this years festival, so who's to say that something couldn't have changed in the one and a half years between that comment and next years festival

Sheeran and Radiohead seem nailed on at this juncture. If the Roses are still touring next summer then I see them taking the Reading/Leeds money.

Third headliner? Tough call. Too soon for another rapper after Kanye and with two guitar based acts I see them going different. Either Swift or Harris would be my guess.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Either Swift or Harris would be my guess.

can't see it myself. i doubt Swift will be up and running again by then (she can pretty much take as much time as she likes between albums at this point) and i just don't see them going for a headliner like Harris who doesn't actually do much of anything on stage. that kind of stuff is fine at V and TITP but it'd be a shame if Glastonbury ever went down that route for a headliner

i think the Roses are pretty likely. what with a (we assume) new album to promote it'd be the perfect time for them to do Glastonbury from a promotional point of view. even if Ian's vocals are shite the album will surely end up back in the charts

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

No way would I describe Radiohead as nailed on. Too many years of disappointment. Last time Radiohead headlined England were actually fairly decent at football. That's how long ago it was:(

seems to be a lot of stuff hinting at it this time round, from all the info Neil was receiving this year (very similar to what happened with Coldplay in 2015), to him then getting info that they're headlining next year, to him then hearing from somebody about Michael blurting out that they were headlining at the festival (along with Stone Roses), plus Eavis mentioning them in that Q&A which seems like a classic Michael slip up (also mentioned that they're great and need to return). all could be wrong of course but together with Coldplay, Adele and Muse all undoubtedly being finished with touring by next year and Radiohead having only just started, it makes sense that they could be held back a year to accommodate those other three headliners

You'd have thought Foo's will be one of them if they've finished this mini-hiatus they're on. But I can't see it to be honest.

Going by the logic of two repeat and one new i'd guess; Radiohead, The Killers, and Ed Sheeran.

Killers are due an appearance and I can't think of many other bands who would be a repeat booking that would play next year other than Radiohead. Hope it's not Mumford's or Gorillaz