Muddiest one yet?

MilkyJoe

Not that bad at all - 98 and 07 much worse. It only rained sporadically this time - in 07 you were walking around in the mud while it also lashed it down constantly. Sunday night at the Chemical Bros was horrendous!

Edited by Homer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

One thing I noticed this year were queues for the urinals - the don't pee message in action.

great messaging on this end. even in the morning i thought males were far more willing to wait for about 20 mins to take a pee rather than just do one around the corner. it was great to see and contributed to what i thought was quite a 'civilized' atmosphere all weekend...nice people...helping out, chatting...pulling/guiding others through the mud, lots of "enjoy your festival" comments, reinforcing this as the most civilized of festivals. a few exceptions of lads-need-to-be-in-a-group types but not as many as I've seen in recent past.

2007 broke me! Took me 6 years before I was finally dragged back for another one.

It just rained non-stop the moment my tent was up. Worst thing was having nowhere to sit down for 5days. It was so awful we left at lunch on the Sunday. I remember the mud was really wet and so deep it was pouring over the top of peoples wellies.

2005 was apocalyptic for 1 night but otherwise glorious!

3 hours ago, Jsmooth said:

My first one so can't compare but it really didn't bother me at all. Is that weird?

It seems unusual, but this was my twelfth and it didn't bother me half as much as previous years. Getting my boots on was a faff, but once it's done it (properly, without any mud in the bottom), I was fine :)

Maybe it's because I had some good mates this year, but the inter-stage walking was fine, because I was walking around Glastonbury, drinking cider and having a laugh. Pretty good really.

I was pretty shocked to see ME say this was the worst year ever for mud; suspect it's a bit like he (almost) always says each festival was the best ever (I'm guessing he didn't say that this time...)

From my perspective the mud in 2007 was worse and there have been a number of years since I first went in 2004 with worse weather (there wasn't actually that many hours of rain this time, while in 2007 it didn't seem to stop.

The infrastructure seemed to hold up well, including putting in a new walking route to the car parks from Ped Gate B.

I actually had more issues with slippy/slidey mud than sticky mud and getting out of the car parks in a rear wheel drive car was a real pain.

2007 no question. Yes it was muddy and that's a massive pain in the arse, but with the exception of a short while Friday afternoon, it didn't rain much at all, well not whist anything was on.....it was for the most part dry. Now 2007, relentless rain, liquid, deep, mud everywhere. Cold too. A total abomination of a year....ok, well maybe this year was too, but that was much more to do with the profound shock of waking up friday and discovering you fellow English and Welsh where actually that fucking stupid after all....

2007 was worse because we were standing about in the rain all the time.

For me, this year was worse mudwise, but only because of the physical (and if I'm honest, mental) limitations my previous mud-related accident places on my mobility through it.

23 hours ago, The Nal said:

Thought they did a great job considering. Toilets too. Best Ive seen. 

Same, I had...digestive issues from Thurs-Sat, so spent an unusually large amount of my festival getting to know the standard of the various toilets around the site, I only once opened a door and decided to try a different one, everywhere else either looked pristine or a quick wet wipe and tissue round for a stray drop at the worst.

I never saw anyone pissing up the walls of the urinals and once made my way through a massive jam of blokes, got in to find patient queues 2 or 3 deep behind each bloke as people took the time to do the job properly.

This was the first real mudfest I've seen there, having previously only seen such scenes on the telly.  It wasn't a disaster and everyone I was with had a fantastic time, I think that the doomy looking weather predictions for Sunday put a few off (I've read on here of people who sacked it off Sun morning as a result) but in the end Sunday was just a little light drizzle, so didn't really contribute to making things much worse than they were.

We hung around til early afternoon Monday and drove straight off site in about 15 minutes, my son's friends had left earlier and spent 4 hours queuing to get out of the car parks before reaching slow moving traffic, we arrived home about 15 mins after them, having left 5 or 6 hours later with a meal and a cuppa in us.

14 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

By Saturday I was welcoming rain. Made conditions underfoot actually easier. 

That was my thought exactly, the wet stuff genuinely was easier to walk through to the extent if I saw a large area of liquid mud I tried to walk through that rather than battling through the porridge! Lots of people commenting that it rained non stop in 07 although I wasn't really referring to the overall weather in the original post as I thought the weather, although a little cold at nights really wasn't that bad. I got sunburned over then Iraq couple of days!:)