Michael Eavis' Way

st dan

ME came on for the last song of Coldplay's set and sang the whole version of 'My Way' (and it wasn't actually too terrible - certainly better than his 'Happy Birthday' with Stevie Wonder in 2010!!)

Now we know he likes a sing, but was this a poignant message? He certainly seemed to have a tear in his eye towards the end. 

What do we think - was it a way of saying he's stepping down altogether? Or that the festival is moving / ending elsewhere? Or just him singing one of his favourite songs and closing the festival? 

Edited by st dan

When choosing this song it must have been apparent that some of us might see it as his farewell, or passing the control to Emily. But I know he has chosen to sing this song before, in smaller tents at the festival, so maybe we shouldn't read too much more into it?

Eavis steps out onto the Pyramid Stage, after the Happy Birthday disaster of 2010, and thinks to himself...

'I'll stick to my good material' :D

Might have to watch last 30 mins of Coldplay at some point for Bazza and Eavis, LCD are bloody good though. 

One things for sure, dedicated Radiohead and Bazza Gibb 2017 threads should be up in 24hrs.