Will you be returning next year?

PurpleFire

Will you return to Glastonbury Festival in 2017  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Will you return to Glastonbury Festival (Tickets Aside) in 2017?

• Yes
    • No

After all the trails and tribulations of this year, has anyone been beaten, broken or frustrated enough to not return in 2017?

For me and guessing like many you cannot miss it but a lot needs to change.

1. South East corner, is just a mess and it cannot cope with the demand! I went three years ago and remember walking past the Pyramid stage at six in the morning with not a sole about it was like a ghost town...this year I was walking in droves after the nightlight finished. It's too big for its boots.

2. I know the weather played its part on the parking and the ques this year but more and more are turning up on Wednesday and it's the root cause of the problem. They need to do, like they do with the coaches and have Wednesday Thursday tickets.

3. Last point would be maybe even lower the capacity. I know demand is there and more people would be disapointed and maybe even me again like 2015 but this year it seemed very unsafe and very poorly organised from a security and risk point of view. But again it's down to the weather and it's something that cannot be helped.

Fingers crossed for next year, had a brilliant 5 days, had to come on early after falling ill, maybe food poisoning but I got engaged on Wednesday at the top of the hill by the sign and it was truely magical!

Love to all! 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Will you be returning next year" - Stupid question, of course I will! :o

Nah that's a good post, although I must say the one main annoyance I noticed this year was to the North/West of the Pyramid, can barely move at times, though I can't see how much they can help that in all honesty.

My 20th and  final one it seems to have lost the magic over the years .

Still had that buzz when I got through the gate but it soon went loved wed thurs and Friday the mud shattered and beat me the trip from car to gate d was soul destroying

Came home early it was my wife's first one and surprised she stuck it out as long as she did.

Music means less and less each year to me but enjoy just randomly stumbling on smaller areas but when the mud arrives it make unbearable 

Appreciate the effort gone into drainage etc  but no amount of new drainage schemes will beat the weather we're in a field we know the consequences when the heavens open I've had my fair share of wet ones over the years and I've finally had enough time to leave it to the youngones hope you have fun in the future years and enjoy it as much I hAve

Just remember don't believe any weather forecasts until at least monday

Not sure. 

The mud has really killed it for me this year - relentless, although the weather hasn't been too bad. Got up this morning and really couldn't be arsed. If it wasn't for my passengers I'd have gone home - although would have missed ELO and LCD who were both great. Crowd flat for Beck but he was very good too.

I know the weather for this year has no impact on next year but still  it's that what makes it for me. Leaving early tomorrow and I hope I'm back for the England game in the evening  car parks are concerning me really as I'm parked in the last one!

Heading away from the Pyramid just before Coldplay was a nightmare at the entrance to the top of the hill. Why they never sort this out I don't know. Potentially very dangerous. 

Really missed sitting on grass this year and it massively impacted my enjoyment. 11th time and I do sort of hope it's not my last, may not return after the fallow year though. Hardly drank or ate today - 4 days hard drinking in a row takes its toll on me these days!

I didn't go this year so have only attended 2014 and 2015, and although I'm really sad not to be there right now, the tales of woe I've been reading about have made me feel like this was the year to miss, if there was one. I fully intend to be there next year, and hope to be in a position not just to bag my deposit in October, but - if I manage to do that - book my flights at the same time.

I'd imagine the traffic chaos will cause a good number to re-consider on T-day, mind you. It wouldn't surprise me if they leak a name of two beforehand just to ensure a good response.

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I didn't go this year so have only attended 2014 and 2015, and although I'm really sad not to be there right now, the tales of woe I've been reading about have made me feel like this was the year to miss, if there was one. I fully intend to be there next year, and hope to be in a position not just to bag my deposit in October, but - if I manage to do that - book my flights at the same time.

I'd imagine the traffic chaos will cause a good number to re-consider on T-day, mind you. It wouldn't surprise me if they leak a name of two beforehand just to ensure a good response.

Yep pretty much exactly how I feel. Hadn't seen any footage til today when ELO were on... no way we're missing next year, pal.

2nd Glastonbury (last year being my first) if you've read any of my other posts recently you will know I had an absolute nightmare on wed/thurs that seriously tested my resolve and almost had me driving back home late Wednesday night... And that was before the mud.

But I still had an amazing time. We spent time up the hill, at the park, at places we never even went near last year. We went In little random bars and spent far less time at the big stages. The time we did spend at the Pyramid was special, me and a mate decided to walk down nearer to the front for the last shadow puppets, we virtually walked to the very front with absolute ease, we then decided to stay there right at the front for Tame Impala who were just phenomenal.

Yes the mud was annoying, at times I would've killed for weather like last year and the ability to sit on a nice bit of grass or walk wherever I wanted, but will I be going for tickets in October? Absobloodutely.

100% be back....

Weather, mud,  quagmires are totally out of the organizers control. Cannot fault them one bit atall. Maybe Glastonbury should be held on a huge tarmac car park? Man up or leave ure ticket to someone else.

Today was a bummer for me, was puking most of it. Only just sorted myself out. Just about to make a gin mix and get down to the SE Corner and sunrise.

Just cant fault anyome for the weather atall. If your a religious person, blame him upstairs 

My first for me and the OH and despite the queues, the weather, the mud, getting car stuck in mud twice will definitely be going again next year. We both loved the place and the positives far awayed the negatives. The music, the variety, some of the food (didnt eat too much), but most of all the people. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help each other out. Most certainly be trying in October can the weather get any worse? 

If i get the ticket gods blessing i will most definately be back, was a totally different festival experience this year than last year (my first year) but still as good

Underfoot conditions were hard work at times but thats a risk at every outdoor festival

Right now, I'm not sure. I had a great time, as I always do, but this year was hard work. It always seems to be the case that the weather messes it up and shrinks and limits the festival for us, and this year was the worst for that I can remember. All this wonderful stuff, no way of physically getting there to see it. I will always love the place, but it might be that I've scratched the itch now. 

My 6th Glastonbury- at present thinking it's my last. Think smaller festivals the way to go- BT was brilliant this year. Will need to think about it over the next few weeks- it added to the general flat mood that "this could be the last time I'm here". Hope you are all safe.

Of course I'll be back for my 15th Glastonbury. It's a special event in a special place. This year's was one I left early due to the state of the car parks. And left feeling that the wife and I had barely scratched the surface as mud made traveling between venues so tough. 

The weather was bad but there is more the festival can due to help us cope :

1) more track ways and chippings on the key routes to the gate

2) track ways at all pinch points in the car parks

3) better organised marshalling of the car parks. It has been crap for years. Even at sunny Glastonburys you could wait for hours to move if you were parked in the wrong place as there was no active marshalling at points where streams of cars meet and merged. This year's traffic chaos will hopefully force Glastonbury Festival to properly think through the parking and marshalling for regular ticket buying punters.

If you're thinking this may be your last one, my advice would be to take a year or 2 off to re-ignite the fire.  We did this a few years back. Came back last year after missing 2 Glasto's and had the best time ever. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that!