Will you be returning next year?

PurpleFire

Will you return to Glastonbury Festival in 2017  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Will you return to Glastonbury Festival (Tickets Aside) in 2017?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised so many are saying they won't be returning next year, although I suspect the lure of ticket day will be too strong to resist.

The original scheduling of the fallow year for 2017 wouldn't have been a bad idea now. I'm sure I want to return but in a way it is a lot to do with maintaining my unbroken 12 times at the festival, I fear if I stop now I may never return.

I coped with the big demands of this year by keeping myself too busy to dwell on the issues (mud, rain,  travelling in & out, dealing with crowds) and the antidote to all of that was seeing 30 bands, as well as visiting a few areas I've never done before. Exhausting but rewarding.

2 hours ago, 6t6o6m said:

I think she was mentally drained from the mud, and according to my pedometer, we had done over 100,000.

mine's only just over 102,000 after all five days and we took it a lot easier than less muddy previous years - that much in less days must have been havok on the legs.

5 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

mine's only just over 102,000 after all five days and we took it a lot easier than less muddy previous years - that much in less days must have been havok on the legs.

Husbands pedometer said 23k for Friday alone! Half of that was because of his litterpicking shift in the morning - they went on a  (very) long walk as the Pyramid was cleared so early.

43 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The legs are shattered but the mind is wide awake.

Loved every second of it, even the rain and the very hard going mud. Finding somewhere to sit (an even lay down!) we golden moments though I did miss falling asleep on the grass.

Tickets permitting I will be there next year and every year.

@Nobody InterestingAh, but did you or your wife wear the hanged blue chicken T-Shirt?

Getting caught in traffic was a godsend at least we didn't have to queue  in the rain 

Glad we left yesterday as had to take wife to hospital last night it was her first one and she loved it up until sat 

Hospital not glasto related btw we parked at ashcombe farm which helped after a day  of reflection I will give it a miss next year swore after 2000 I would stop but it kept dragging me back but this time I'm pretty sure it was my last.

1 hour ago, Bristol Boy said:

Much as I like the idea of having half Wednesday and half Thursday tickets it won't work. If big groups of Thursday people turn up on Wednesday are they seriously going to turn them away at the gate? 

I think a soft version would work. You charge fifty quid extra for Wednesday tickets. If a big group turn up early without Wednesday tickets, you charge them fifty quid each there and then.

The sad thing about reading this thread is that once people on here who have the festival in their blood and know what it's all about stop going - then the magic of the place dies. 

I'm worried that it will soon just become another music festival. 

I will go again next year, the mud doesn't put me off. However that mud was the worst I have ever seen at a festival. Almost impossible getting around Pyramid / West Holts / Other tracks through William's Green. They were not prepared enough for the obvious mudbath

100% Will be back. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Wednesday and Thursday was absolutely perfect, every act I saw was immense. Yes it was a different crowd this year but you can easily move away from the twats and go to the front. The mud was tricky at times and it was difficult to find a nice place to sit. But I'm hoping that next year will be really sunny.

Gutted it's all over. It finished as soon as it started.

This was only my second Glastonbury and I'd definitely return.  Even though I am 54, although the mud made it more difficult, I didn't find it a deal-breaker though of course it changed the experience.  And I  was lucky enough to be travelling by coach on Thursday (not that I thought I was when that was the only ticket I could get!) so was not affected by the problems of all the queues on Wednesday.

I did find parts of the site unbearably crowded at times and I was cursing and swearing that I'd find a smaller alternative festival - but does that exist?

I thoroughly enjoyed wandering around the theatre field between acts - expecially Lekiddo Lord of the Lobsters - great fun!  And found my way to Strummerville which is probably my new favourite place.

However, I went on my own though hooked up occasionally with my daughter when she wasn't working and if our plans were similar and another friend ditto. I'm not sure I could do the whole festival completely on my own.  

So I will return, obviously subject to getting tickets - preferably by coach and preferably with at least one friend, even if we spend time on our own for much of it.  

40 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I will go again next year, the mud doesn't put me off. However that mud was the worst I have ever seen at a festival. Almost impossible getting around Pyramid / West Holts / Other tracks through William's Green. They were not prepared enough for the obvious mudbath

Really? It was hard going but not nearly impossible surely. The mud was bad but it didn't stop me from going anywhere (it just took twice as long).

I've done 9, at the moment, I can't do it again. Of the 9 only 1 has been completely dry and the mud this time was worse than 2005. Musically I really enjoyed it, but the mud and organisational issues have turned me now. Leaving Coldplay stage left last night was bloody dangerous. The food prices were generally over the top, but the beer was ok. 

Maybe when I am less exhausted I will think again, but I have seen so many of the big acts/headliners now, there is unlikely to be anything much to draw me next year.

4 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I've done 9, at the moment, I can't do it again. Of the 9 only 1 has been completely dry and the mud this time was worse than 2005. Musically I really enjoyed it, but the mud and organisational issues have turned me now. Leaving Coldplay stage left last night was bloody dangerous. The food prices were generally over the top, but the beer was ok. 

Maybe when I am less exhausted I will think again, but I have seen so many of the big acts/headliners now, there is unlikely to be anything much to draw me next year.

I am feeling quite the same right now. I dont really have any blues, just glad to be home. I will return but I doubt it next year as I cant do that two years running.

I'm a little gutted to say we probably wont be back next year. My 4th year on the trot, and I honestly felt that special Glasto spark was nowhere near as bright as the last 3. Dont get me wrong, me & the mrs still had a great time, even with the relentless mud, we witnessed some great performances and ticked more Glasto must see's off the list that we hadn't in previous years. Unfortunatley though we witnessed a lot of agro, people either angrly pushing through crowds or not letting people through, loads of the younger generation generally not giving a sh*t about others, the organisation getting in at the beginning and with how the South East corner was run legistically this year, found it pretty off putting. We will be back no doubt sometime in the future, but might take a look at Latitude or similar next year... Still may try for tickets for other friends wanting to go in October though, always get a bit of a buzz from ticket day.

Adios!