Madabout G

20 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Gibb could easily do the slot Bacharach did in 2015, with Diana Ross as the Official Sunday Legend.

Yeah, there's plenty of precedent for heritage acts playing outwith the Sunday Teatime slot.

One factor that maybe strengthens the possibility of the Ross / RightBaz double is the 2018 fallow year.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/06/2016 at 11:37 AM, jparx said:

I still want to see Dylan play that slot. Probably won't happen, but that would be my choice. 

Have you ever seen him live?  I have three times and was bitterly disappointed all three times.  Love love love Dylan but live he is utter shite.  

1 hour ago, chrislfc said:

I think they should have a Saturday and a Sunday Legend slot on The Pyramid.

Saves people cramming the field on the Sunday.

Late afternoon on both days.

In fact why not go the whole hog and have a Friday one too instead of the Other Stage "secret" opener? 

raw

And you're a legend, and you're a legend, and you're a legend!

Loving all the Diana Ross rumours, so many great songs think she would go down a treat. Another name that I have not seen mentioned but think would really suit the slot would be Billy Joel. He was outstanding at Wembley last month, voice still pitch perfect and has so many great songs, also has a couple of cheesy singalongs which always go down well on a Sunday afternoon 

On 11/10/2016 at 4:36 PM, Glasto peaches said:

Have you ever seen him live?  I have three times and was bitterly disappointed all three times.  Love love love Dylan but live he is utter shite.  

Have to agree with this. I'm a Dylan fan and would love to see him at every opportunity, but he wouldn't appeal to a general audience who only went to see him because he's Bob Dylan. He's had to rearrange his songs to suit his voice which is shot (not that he ever was a fantastic vocalist), and some of his classics are now unrecognisable from the originals. I've heard him get halfway through Blowin' in the Wind before those around me even realised what it was and they weren't very complimentary. I think people expect him to sound the same as he did in the sixties. Dylan is a legend and it would hurt me to hear him being slagged off by an unappreciative Glastonbury crowd so no, although I would be there with knobs on, I don't think Dylan would be a good call for Glastonbury.

On 11/10/2016 at 7:48 PM, TheSheriff said:

Loving all the Diana Ross rumours, so many great songs think she would go down a treat. Another name that I have not seen mentioned but think would really suit the slot would be Billy Joel. He was outstanding at Wembley last month, voice still pitch perfect and has so many great songs, also has a couple of cheesy singalongs which always go down well on a Sunday afternoon 

Bit of piano man on the pyramid would be awesome.

9 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

Have to agree with this. I'm a Dylan fan and would love to see him at every opportunity, but he wouldn't appeal to a general audience who only went to see him because he's Bob Dylan. He's had to rearrange his songs to suit his voice which is shot (not that he ever was a fantastic vocalist), and some of his classics are now unrecognisable from the originals. I've heard him get halfway through Blowin' in the Wind before those around me even realised what it was and they weren't very complimentary. I think people expect him to sound the same as he did in the sixties. Dylan is a legend and it would hurt me to hear him being slagged off by an unappreciative Glastonbury crowd so no, although I would be there with knobs on, I don't think Dylan would be a good call for Glastonbury.

I agree.

I'm certainly a casual fan.  I watched half of his set in 97 waiting for a song I knew, until I recognised the lyrics halfway through an otherwise unrecognisable "Just Like a Woman".  I flounced off to watch Bernard Butler deliver a truly underwhelming set with no regrets. 

He didn't just rearrange them to suit his older voice, he totally rearranged them because he felt like it.  Creator's prerogative, I suppose, but not particularly crowd pleasing. 

Edited by stuartbert two hats

On 10/11/2016 at 7:48 PM, TheSheriff said:

Diana Ross > Billy Joel* > Phil Collins

*On the condition he plays We Didn't Start The Fire