Madabout G

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you're all amused at the idea of Elton John, and those of his generation, not to mention the fantasy of Limahl being worthy enough, then I rather think we can venture into the realms of dead people at this point.

If there is anything I would have loved to have seen in the Legends Spot, it would have been this...

It never fails to cheer me up. And I gather the backing singer who managed to continue performing without laughing was Whitney Houston's mum. 

Edited by JanieM28

On 16 July 2016 at 9:55 PM, mr gumby said:

So, is the Isle of Wight now the one remaining place on the planet that people are allowed to take the piss out of, or are we still allowed to do that with Yorkshire, too? 

*ducks* 

Fucking hell, I've just read this from my pigeon loft and was that enraged I almost dropped my pet ferret. 

Btw I'm from Hull 

On 26 June 2016 at 9:54 PM, Madabout G said:

I can't believe Barry Manilow hasn't been approached! (Maybe he has. In fact I'm sure he has! How perfect would he be?!"

Really? While the term 'legend' can be very subjective, for me the clue is in the name...

I'd love to see Cat Stephens or Aretha Franklin in the slot personally.

Others of the top of my head would be:

Carole King

Chuck Berry

Little Richard

Garth Brooks?

Ry Cooder

13 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Really? While the term 'legend' can be very subjective, for me the clue is in the name...

I'd love to see Cat Stephens or Aretha Franklin in the slot personally.

Others of the top of my head would be:

Carole King

Chuck Berry

Little Richard

Garth Brooks?

Ry Cooder

Ry Cooder headlining West Holts all the way! With special guests. Thats an all time great gig there. 

Chuck Berry and Little Richard are barely standing so thats them out unfortunately. Should've been booked years ago. Same for Jerry Lee Lewis. 

Edited by The Nal

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Ry Cooder headlining West Holts all the way! With special guests. Thats an all time great gig there. 

Chuck Berry and Little Richard are barely standing so thats them out unfortunately. Should've been booked years ago. Same for Jerry Lee Lewis. 

Agreed, Ry Cooder would be amazing wherever he played but a West Holts headliner would be perfect.

Sadly Chuck Berry and Little Richard are no longer performing with Little Richard reportedly in poor health. Jerry Lee Lewis was still performing earlier this year mind but I think it's only a very occasional thing now. They are the last great Rock and Rollers still standing now.

Shaun.

i was really hoping ELO would do it for me but i think his set was okish ..dire straights would be cool but rumor has it he doesnt want to play cos he doesnt think people will like it ...

id love to see an ozzy ledgend spot that would be cool ..

bob dylan ???

barcly james harvest were GREAT love to see them on the pointy stage

igggggy

Ludwig van Beethoven ......the best ...even PEARL JAM love mr Beet lol

22 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Does seem bizarre doesn't it. Think it was more they were expecting cheesy 80s and he played a load of new stuff thinking people actually liked him and wanted to be taken seriously. To not play Green door (and possibly this ole house but he may have played that) when you're Shakin' Stevens is a worse crime than Paul Simon not playing any Simon and Garfunkel really.

Would've been a great moment if he played the Christmas tune.

21 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Does seem bizarre doesn't it. Think it was more they were expecting cheesy 80s and he played a load of new stuff thinking people actually liked him and wanted to be taken seriously. To not play Green door (and possibly this ole house but he may have played that) when you're Shakin' Stevens is a worse crime than Paul Simon not playing any Simon and Garfunkel really.

He played neither.

Some bloke even made a full size green door out of cardboard with a message on it.

There was booing.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So.....what's the deal with Diana Ross fans...?

They dress up as - what?  The rubbish dinosaurs from off of The Land Before Time?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll be going for this cheeky little number.  I may struggle to walk to the stage, but by God I'll look fabulous doing it.

download.jpg

Edited by Quark