Leaving Its a Shambles

Bigacres

Trying to leave camper van West Field everyone needs tow. Two or three tractors. Marshals overwhelmed. Queue of 100 already Glastonbury sort it out. You are a major event. Where on your contingency plans? If you not in queue now expect Wednesday or Thursday exit.   

It's been amazing Yog! Hard graft though. 

We loaded our car up earlier and moved it to an empty space in the field closest to the road right by a track. It needed a few pushes.

I really hope we get out ok later tonight but if we don't... Well there's not much to be done about it! 

Just now, themuel said:

It's been amazing Yog! Hard graft though. 

We loaded our car up earlier and moved it to an empty space in the field closest to the road right by a track. It needed a few pushes.

I really hope we get out ok later tonight but if we don't... Well there's not much to be done about it! 

Happy to hear it's been a belter for you themuel. That tactical move with your position in the car park is an excellent one.

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Happy to hear it's been a belter for you themuel. That tactical move with your position in the car park is an excellent one.

Happy to report it worked. Left Coldplay as they did the encore and were on the main road by 2345. Now on the motorway trying not to feel too sad. 

4 minutes ago, themuel said:

Happy to report it worked. Left Coldplay as they did the encore and were on the main road by 2345. Now on the motorway trying not to feel too sad. 

Glad your strategy worked. By the sounds of it, you might have escaped total chaos in a few hours time.

Good work. I basically left Tankus on Lizard Stage and went back to pack up tent and leave. Took loads of stuff back to car park Sun AM and could see it was going to be a total mudfight as expected so decided to pack up before the sun even came up (not that you could see the bloody sun what with all the heavy cloud).

I left at 10pm. Tractors doing a great job. They've been up all night and are towing thousands of vehicles. Supply can never realistically meet demand and people would do well to remember that. 

Very few people had attached their tow bar when we left - the process of removing it from the spare wheel, attaching it, etc is probably the main reason there have been moments of gridlock.

Got up at 5am to pack up and got to carpark e8 by 8.15- a lot slower to walk up and needed lots of rest as had decided not to use trolley. Was driving off at 8.30 straight onto metal track and after 20mins was out and off onto A37. Home in Bournemouth by 11am. 2 lots of washing done, quick sleep and tents drying out in sunny garden! Apart from walk up to car being a slog the drive out was quicker than some years 

We had a horrendous time trying to get out this morning.  We made it to the car park about 1.15am to drive back to Manc- we didn't end up getting off the car park until after 3am.  We spent an hour waiting not moving and then went to find out what was going on.  There were 2 cars stuck trying to get on the track (one a brand new Mercedes) and people were literally shouting at me and my partner to go and help (even had one woman say "don't just fucking stand there, go and help move that car"- although she stayed put in her own vehicle of course).  We managed to get the cars up on the tracks with help (although literally i estimate around 40 cars were just watching at this point) and then we started to finally move.  Not a steward in sight for at least the first 30 minutes of helping move cars despite asking for help.  Even then, they only sent 2 up and every car was getting stuck at a certain point so my partner and another lad had to help move every car before us. 

While I'm a big advocate of public transport to the festival I've had a nightmare to get out even though they avoid the mud.

We left an hour late which was annoying but understandable.

On the way through pilton out bus managed to hit another one heading into the festival smashing the drivers side window. 30mins of sitting by the road side making calls later thw driver drove to the bath and West staging area where we transfered to another bus.

We were then informed because this bus was bigger it had 12 extra seats and we would be going back to the festival to fill those seats. We waited about and hour before we left.

So back we went and picked up those 12 (who got some grumpy stares from those on the coach falling out of the glasto spirit faster than I have)

Finally left site for the 2nd time 4 hours later than scheduled and drove straight into the A303 tail back of doom.

While I can understand why each step took place and we waited nowhere near as long as some. all in all its been incredibly frustrating. We are now heading north up the M3 into what I assume will be London Rush Hour traffic. But hey how.  I might make it back to watch England lose to Iceland if I'm lucky 

Hope all are out now. We were in tangerine fields but due tonthe issues on weds we were told to park in purple. We decided to move the car sat morning and got stuck fortunately we managed to get free although someone in a 4x4 drove past us. Leaving TF was slippy but a push got us out on the roads from the stewards at midnight.