Car park conditions updates

pie_and_a_pint

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink 56 here. Left after Coldplay and didn't get out till 1am. Not too bad really, but anyone not in a 4x4 has no chance unless yards from a metal track. Even then they've opened up new exits and haven't had time to lay metal grating so it was starting to churn

Saw a lot of people desperately looking for tow-eye panel keys in boots of cars - try and find yours before you move. If you're not in a 4x4 you'll be needing it. 

I did see a couple of 4x4s get stuck briefly in tractor trails but they got out in a few secs. 

Glad I took the wife's outlander :)

We were on the move from West 47 by 10.30- having read some of the horror stories on here last night was expecting a torturous few hours. But we were out on the road in 45 mins- far quicker than last year which was 2 hours plus. Ground a little soft but never felt in danger of getting stuck. 

Brilliant weekend as expected, and back well in time for the football. Tired, but happy! 

Edited by rfc_478

got to e9 car park about 10.30, took about hour and a half to get off site and on to the main roads. was very impressed with everyone, no bottle necks or attempted queue jumping, and plenty of giving way to let cars on to the metal road

1 hour ago, ivan said:

I bet they had a nervous time worrying that their new Porsche may get damaged ?

2016_GlastonburyAftermath_GettyImages543277464_270616.jpg

That is bloody ridiculous. I took my 12 year old for an off road land rover experience (massive treat) and it would have easily coped with the conditions onsite, they can do amazing things, at one point we were vertical into a slidy, muddy ditch and it was fine.

W57 exit good at 9.30am. Also fine arriving on Weds. A303 at Glastonbury 8.30am. Car park by 10.15am and tents up by midday.

All pretty good but friends had problems - particulary on buses.

Only a couple of spells of heavy rain, mainly drizzle and the mud was an annoyance, particularly when trying to get about at night - but not as bad as '07 or '11.

Edited by fingers_mark

25 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

That is bloody ridiculous. I took my 12 year old for an off road land rover experience (massive treat) and it would have easily coped with the conditions onsite, they can do amazing things, at one point we were vertical into a slidy, muddy ditch and it was fine.

I think the problem for the posh 4x4s is threefold:

1) profile of the tyres that are standard on cayennes (sp), Range Rover sports etc are not the type that can cope with much 

2) over-inflated tyres

3) as previously said I saw a few people not actually in 4WD lock

I had some crappy toyo tyres on but let some air out a few days ago for one reason or another and forgot to reinflate. There's not much my motor couldn't have coped with yesterday. 

Left at 4.30pm in the end. Out of purple easily - lots of stuck cars and mud, but lots of empty grass too so straight onto tracks, through East and onto the road in 20 mins. Home in 2 hours. Easy one, thankfully. Bath and bed now.

43 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Left at 4.30pm in the end. Out of purple easily - lots of stuck cars and mud, but lots of empty grass too so straight onto tracks, through East and onto the road in 20 mins. Home in 2 hours. Easy one, thankfully. Bath and bed now.

That's what time we got out... shame we got to the car at 10am :o

6 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

We were on the move from West 47 by 10.30- having read some of the horror stories on here last night was expecting a torturous few hours. But we were out on the road in 45 mins- far quicker than last year which was 2 hours plus. Ground a little soft but never felt in danger of getting stuck. 

Brilliant weekend as expected, and back well in time for the football. Tired, but happy! 

Bet you wish you got stuck on car park now!!!