Coldplay Wristbands

Earthwindandfire2205

Mine has just stopped working too :-( Will they start up again if you plonk a new battery in?

Coldplay not normally my thing but you have to say they did put on a stonking show. Plus - Stayin' Alive! Properly put the dancing wellies on for that!

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Mine has just stopped working too :-( Will they start up again if you plonk a new battery in?

Coldplay not normally my thing but you have to say they did put on a stonking show. Plus - Stayin' Alive! Properly put the dancing wellies on for that!

Probably won't work - I'd imagine the xyloband would need to receive a new "wake up" signal.

I got to the party a bit late. Asked a bloke where they came from. He had a spare. Gave it to me. What a trooper. Proper Glastonbury moment.

They're a band that definitely "get" Glastonbury. That was a truly beautiful thing to be at. And I'm not really a fan.

Only last night. Seems unreal that. Almost like I imagined or dreamt it.

Edited by MrZigster

Mine went off when I got back to Liverpool yesterday evening. 

Did everyone just get handed their wristbands? In pylon ground and darble the security there wouldn't give them out unless you took a binbag to fill up with rubbish. Once you brought it back to the rubbish point, they'd hand you the wristband. I thought this was a good idea anyway.

8 hours ago, MoilyX said:

Amazed at how many people got bands but didn't go to see Coldplay. Shocking attitude.

Why ? The Oxfam guy giving them out during ELO didn't plain what they were for, I'd seen pictures of them for Coldplay gigs, but otherwise wouldn't have had a clue .... I had a spare and gave it to the lion from wizard of oz by Williams green before Coldplay as he didn't have one. After the gig a young lad was carrying one of the Coldplay huge balloons but didn't have a wrist band, he was thrilled when we gave him a flashing one even though the gig was over .... He was a massive Coldplay fan but hadnt managed to get band. 

AFter the show I'm sure there was a sign on the screens that said hand your bands back in at the exit so they can be recycled, but I didn't see anywhere to hand it back into 

I got one on the Sunday morning, knowing I wasn't going to see them. I don't know how many they were giving out, but I gave mine away to one of the South Korean lads camped next to us, who didn't know about them. He looked like had won the lottery!

I got two for my mates who were going as we were off to earth wind and fire and knew they were going. Anyway, didn't see them all day so tried to give them to some people around green peace about 7.30ish but no one would take us up on the offer. Guess everyone around there was also off to earth wind and fire too. Anyway, we wore them in the West Holts crowd in the end - along with about a thousand others!

29 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Why ? The Oxfam guy giving them out during ELO didn't plain what they were for, I'd seen pictures of them for Coldplay gigs, but otherwise wouldn't have had a clue .... I had a spare and gave it to the lion from wizard of oz by Williams green before Coldplay as he didn't have one. After the gig a young lad was carrying one of the Coldplay huge balloons but didn't have a wrist band, he was thrilled when we gave him a flashing one even though the gig was over .... He was a massive Coldplay fan but hadnt managed to get band. 

AFter the show I'm sure there was a sign on the screens that said hand your bands back in at the exit so they can be recycled, but I didn't see anywhere to hand it back into 

We had one each plus one from the previous Sunday's Wembley show, that packed up half way through the set, to other two stopped working in the early hours of Tuesday morning!

I didn't see any sign asking for them to be handed back nor a collection box, they were requesting them back at Wembley and despite that there were many flashing over London for the rest of the weekend! 

The bands handed out at Glastonbury were branded especially for that gig leading me to think they were not wanted back.

55 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Litterpicking update, my husband said he only saw 5 in the bags all shift. People really wanted to take them home!

That's excellent news. Lots on eBay, of course, but a lovely souvenir. Mine's in my Glastonbury Box along with all the other odds and ends I've collected that I'll use to jog my memory when I'm 93 and decrepit :D

58 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

That's excellent news. Lots on eBay, of course, but a lovely souvenir. Mine's in my Glastonbury Box along with all the other odds and ends I've collected that I'll use to jog my memory when I'm 93 and decrepit :D

I have one of those. It started as a shoebox in '97 and is now a small suitcase filled with programmes,  bags of all shapes sizes and colours,  daily press sheets, wristbands and lanyards.

I love it

The Xylobands site says the battery lasts around 6 hours when not in sleep mode.  Mine lasted until the middle of the night so I'm guessing the battery just died rather than the band going into sleep mode.  I reckon the Glastonbury ones were set to stay on and not go into sleep so people would keep wearing them and not discard them so more would take them home.  I'd say that if you repaced the battery they may well work again - this is not the case with the normal bands you get at other gigs or sporting events....

Since they had been rumored I was convinced that I would see LCD no matter what. Seeing these bands handed out on Sunday made me really question myself and I ended up watching Coldplay with all of my friends as opposed to LCD on my todd. I've no qualms with watching bands on my own but I think in this instance I made the right decision. Loved the lights up the side of the Pyramid, arms round each others shoulders moments, and being included in the sea of band lights. Apparently 100,000 were given out.

Seemed like a true moment (I'm sure there were plenty in the other field too). I might just have to get myself a lovebox day ticket now though.

Apparently Coldplay spent more money on their production than they were paid in 2011, they must have done the same this year. Most likely profitable in the long run with additional record/ticket sales for their own shows.

Our bands were still going at about 10 am when we packed up our tents but had turned off by the time we got home about 5 hours later.

I sadly didn't get a band myself, just stared longingly at everybody around me. What a lovely momento it would have been though.

I did see a young guy ask a security guard where he got the two he was wearing, only to be told that they were all gone but he'll sell them to him for £20 - all in front of a police officer who noted his security number and followed him back to the pyramid gate. I wonder if he'll be allowed back, or if the bosses even care!

2 hours ago, georgiebarn said:

I sadly didn't get a band myself, just stared longingly at everybody around me. What a lovely momento it would have been though.

I did see a young guy ask a security guard where he got the two he was wearing, only to be told that they were all gone but he'll sell them to him for £20 - all in front of a police officer who noted his security number and followed him back to the pyramid gate. I wonder if he'll be allowed back, or if the bosses even care!

Happy to pop one in the post if you like.