James - no Sit down wtf?

Walter Sobchak

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, the salmon said:

55 minutes.  Didnt play sound.  Of the older ones you got Come Home, Getting Away with it, Tomorrow, Laid and Out to Get You.  

5 songs of the new album

Thanks for responding and the info the salmon. I've never (knowingly) heard Sound by James live. If one really has to have a bucket list, then it would be on mine. :)

2 hours ago, wozwebs said:

Christ, no one complains if Radiohead don't play Creep, soon as James don't play Sit Down loads of moaning. 

Very much, this ^.

It beggars belief that a band with such a huge back catalogue as James and still knocking out great albums get derided for not playing a commercial-at-the-time hit that hasn't stood the test of time and has been out-done by album tracks released 20-odd years later. Sit Down is nowhere near the Top 20 James tracks of all time.

That being said they probably stretched the 'we need to highlight we're not a retro band reforming past glories' a bit too far by doing 'Attention' which rightly fell flat but then they weren't helped by Michael's intro as 'one of the greatest bands of the 80's'..?! Tim's face was priceless.

I think in normal circumstance it would have been a decent set.

Considering everyone had dragged themselves out for the first act of the day through really muddy conditions only for it to be delayed for ages with very little info on what was happening I think it might have been an idea to play a few more hits to lift an understandably flat crowd.

Really impressed with how out of his face the singer was without it seeming to affect his singing at all.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:07 AM, found home in 2009 said:

Really impressed with how out of his face the singer was without it seeming to affect his singing at all.

Are you being serious? :huh:

They were on Jo Whiley a couple of weeks ago and said then that they wouldn't be doing Sit Down.

I like them but my other half is a massive fan. We've been to see them loads and often I'm feeling 'really? James again?' but they always put on a great show.

Moving On from the last album is one of the best things they've ever done.

2 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

should be doing a hits set not shite from latest washed up album. 

Why, exactly?

I think you'll find Muse, Adele, Coldplay and every other act still producing new material did some of the material in their sets, and so can they. If you're not a fan then fair enough, suck it up or go see someone else.